Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 718 719 [720] 721 722 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2102078 times)

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #10785 on: February 22, 2016, 11:11:15 pm »

You can buy furniture at stores in towns and I brought 2 (expensive) pieces to a room I was renting at a tavern game crashes on save. I reported this issue on bug tracker a week ago, but the admins on there always ignore my bug reports for some stupid fricken reason. ALWAYS.
SO it will probably never be fixed.

I have one bug on there thats been sitting there for 10 months completely ignored. (Couldn't order drink at tavern from player fortress) even I have provided saves for both.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 11:26:29 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10786 on: February 22, 2016, 11:37:44 pm »

You can buy furniture at stores in towns and I brought 2 (expensive) pieces to a room I was renting at a tavern game crashes on save. I reported this issue on bug tracker a week ago, but the admins on there always ignore my bug reports for some stupid fricken reason. ALWAYS.
SO it will probably never be fixed.

I have one bug on there thats been sitting there for 10 months completely ignored. (Couldn't order drink at tavern from player fortress) even I have provided saves for both.

Join the club. I got almost a dozen issues, and generally the only ones that get addressed promptly are duplicated. I got at least one that's been around since early DF2014.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10787 on: February 23, 2016, 01:24:49 am »

None of my female companions will marry male; the only one who will marry at all is the Poet, and only females. But they'll all romance male, and I suppose I can be satisfied with that because I doubt interbreeding is possible. There's that 900-year-old cougar woman, but I don't believe necromancers can propagate, and now that she's moved into a tower with those damn culties she's lost all appeal to me anyways. So if I want to make mortal kittens, I'll have to make a move on one of the savage girls, if I can locate one who isn't immediately hostile.

This form dedicated to the thralldom goddess is perfect for skill development. First, it requires two lyrical examples for a double shot of poetry practice. And the performance itself is longer than a Senate filibuster. The audience will want cushioned seats for this. The drawbacks is that the instrument accompanying it weighs 10-21u, and I have no other forms that use the thing. I just leave it with the Dwarf, who is now lugging a total of 135u of instruments. Oh, and he's crippled again (already) yet he still manages to throw himself directly into the fray, where he's everyone's favorite punching bag.

Elfhater69

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10788 on: February 23, 2016, 01:31:10 am »

None of my female companions will marry male; the only one who will marry at all is the Poet, and only females. But they'll all romance male, and I suppose I can be satisfied with that because I doubt interbreeding is possible. There's that 900-year-old cougar woman, but I don't believe necromancers can propagate, and now that she's moved into a tower with those damn culties she's lost all appeal to me anyways. So if I want to make mortal kittens, I'll have to make a move on one of the savage girls, if I can locate one who isn't immediately hostile.

This form dedicated to the thralldom goddess is perfect for skill development. First, it requires two lyrical examples for a double shot of poetry practice. And the performance itself is longer than a Senate filibuster. The audience will want cushioned seats for this. The drawbacks is that the instrument accompanying it weighs 10-21u, and I have no other forms that use the thing. I just leave it with the Dwarf, who is now lugging a total of 135u of instruments. Oh, and he's crippled again (already) yet he still manages to throw himself directly into the fray, where he's everyone's favorite punching bag.
Did you get a mod that lets you marry or something? Or are you setting up the marriages via retirement?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10789 on: February 23, 2016, 01:32:02 am »

...yes, I traveled away after knocking them out before they could remove it.

Elfhater69

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10790 on: February 23, 2016, 01:32:46 am »

Srry for double post, slow internet

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10791 on: February 23, 2016, 01:37:19 am »

Did you get a mod that lets you marry or something? Or are you setting up the marriages via retirement?
Not really either, I'm just RP'ing the situation. It's possible it can work out in retirement, but I don't have any great expectations of it.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10792 on: February 23, 2016, 05:18:18 am »

I didn't realize how much easier semis were than night trolls until I greeted a Giantess in her lair and she was dead before either of us could respond. Do not pass unconsciousness, go directly to death.

How quickly the giant and the cyclops (also add roc and dragon) go down versus one solid penetration shot (through skin, fat, muscle, finally fracturing bone) is the biggest negative with vanilla pain values. The plus for vanilla pain values is you have to learn to play with less margin of error for your own character. Everyone's MMV.

This run (began as peasant, playing rogue, pain value: skin 0, fat 1, muscle 2, bone 25), I was awoken to the value of grip-fighting/pummeling in DF grappling right around the time Bim, Cerol and Nisa went semimegabeast hunting. In order to neutralize the semimegabeast grab (as Nisa wasn't really going to negotiate that being an AI), Bim opted to grab first. Doing so was reminiscent of the second ettin Bim fought, which boosted wrestling and shield. Night trolls followed and they became far too manageable once I realized the AI, if grabbed, almost never responds with a counter grab. The AI's decision tree if grabbed is to either select from their striking menu or grip break if wrestling is chosen. If you grab a night troll or establish several holds on a night troll (stats here are higher than the first Bim link), they'll be preoccupied with your grabs rather than grabbing you. If they strike, you just need the necessary shield to block whether that's manual or auto. It's an interesting Khabib Nurmagomedov oriented-pressure game that seems to work on everyone from semis to titans to night trolls. Once you have around proficient shield, you're almost on the verge of running away with it and the fights become less competitive. There's a little more to it than that, but those are mainly stat-building things that reveal themselves during the run itself.

I didn't realize the value of grip-fighting/pummeling in previous 42.xx test worlds because I was trying to go beyond grip fighting and actually move further down the grapple road map. And there really wasn't a need to.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 07:06:12 am by peasant cretin »

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10793 on: February 23, 2016, 09:25:30 am »

When I said "Do not pass unconsciousness, go directly to death" I thought I implied that pain values were no factor -- death was so quick that it was also painless. It didn't pass out, it just died.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10794 on: February 23, 2016, 01:07:18 pm »

My misread.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10795 on: February 23, 2016, 02:48:10 pm »

But aside from pain values, have you ever seen a night troll with its back to the door you came in through? Megas and semis do this all the time, leave themselves vulnerable to a preliminary strike that they rarely recover from. Not night trolls, they're always on their guard.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10796 on: February 23, 2016, 02:53:55 pm »

But aside from pain values, have you ever seen a night troll with its back to the door you came in through? Megas and semis do this all the time, leave themselves vulnerable to a preliminary strike that they rarely recover from. Not night trolls, they're always on their guard.

I would assume it's either some token for hearing values (dunno, we have vision and scent-related tokens at least), or it might be that night trolls could be forced to have a high observer skill. When I approach the lair, thre's always yellow noise blips suggesting they're on alert, whereas with semi-megabeasts only minotaurs are as prone to being alerted early.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10797 on: February 23, 2016, 03:11:31 pm »

The closest thing this run was outside:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The above though occurred because I saw the motionless * near a river after searching a lair. Bim, Cerol and Nisa dropped out of fast travel one world map tile away and crept towards it. That could be due to the brokenness of sneak though.

Inside I may have seen this some runs ago. Similar to the above it would have been vision coned.

I would assume it's either some token for hearing values (dunno, we have vision and scent-related tokens at least), or it might be that night trolls could be forced to have a high observer skill. When I approach the lair, thre's always yellow noise blips suggesting they're on alert, whereas with semi-megabeasts only minotaurs are as prone to being alerted early.

Minotaurs have [NATURAL_SKILL:SITUATIONAL_AWARENESS:12], so the vision coned night trolls may be similar. [EXTRAVISION] ettins and night trolls also cause the yellow !!! to occur as well.

Stealthed movement sometimes counters the one or the other, but that may just be the weirdness of AI sometimes doing a thing and sometimes not re:minotaur and night troll.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10798 on: February 23, 2016, 03:54:54 pm »

I suspect that's because night trolls have [SENSE_CREATURE_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON:15:4:0:1].
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10799 on: February 23, 2016, 04:06:39 pm »

I suspect that's because night trolls have [SENSE_CREATURE_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON:15:4:0:1].
More creatures should have that, especially angels. The frequency with which you can catch them unawares is just irrational, it's what makes vaults and megas too easy. Oh, and because dragons and hydra don't speak, somehow they don't even recognize when someone is right behind them vocalizing sounds at them. Wouldn't they have a sense of smell to at least detect other organisms, alive or dead?
Pages: 1 ... 718 719 [720] 721 722 ... 1104