Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 717 718 [719] 720 721 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2102124 times)

Elfhater69

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #10770 on: February 22, 2016, 04:30:19 pm »

I see nothing wrong with it. Funny, yes but also lovely (going by what is implied).

Be lucky I didn't make it even weirder. :V
Dude,you cant get any weirder than this:

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10771 on: February 22, 2016, 04:35:21 pm »

Dude,you cant get any weirder than this:

And I thought the borderline furriness of my prior post would've topped the weird charts.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10772 on: February 22, 2016, 04:52:20 pm »

Technically if you had masterwork gear that is now showing as no quality, check with dfhack, it should be artifact quality.
No, none of my masterwork equipment lost their masterwork quality. And I'm dead positive that the stuff I crafted myself wasn't adorned, as adv-fort is buggy in adding those, yet every one of them is now encrusted with gems or bristling with spikes.
Well, I've had several retired adventurers that I moved to forts and later took control of again end up with gear that was exceptional/masterful originally and showing no quality later. Upon checking with dfhack they were listed as artifact quality.

Also had the exceptional steel gauntlets I was passing between adventurers end up becoming masterwork which was nice.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10773 on: February 22, 2016, 06:41:28 pm »

Technically if you had masterwork gear that is now showing as no quality, check with dfhack, it should be artifact quality.
No, none of my masterwork equipment lost their masterwork quality. And I'm dead positive that the stuff I crafted myself wasn't adorned, as adv-fort is buggy in adding those, yet every one of them is now encrusted with gems or bristling with spikes.
Well, I've had several retired adventurers that I moved to forts and later took control of again end up with gear that was exceptional/masterful originally and showing no quality later. Upon checking with dfhack they were listed as artifact quality.

Also had the exceptional steel gauntlets I was passing between adventurers end up becoming masterwork which was nice.
Holy shit, you're right! I could've easily verified that sooner. Aside from the one boot that kept exceptional, all my iron armor is Artifact quality. And that was after only ~2 1/2 days while the Poet composed 6 dances.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10774 on: February 22, 2016, 06:44:34 pm »

Agh, forgot to tell about my shenanigans in the same/copied world where my Drogoth male started in.

Made a new drogoth but this time a female in the copied world. Did some inventory checks and removed ALL clothing including sandals as my demon is tougher than a dragon (put it to test with my male drogoth, claws just glanced away) and I need the extra carry weight plus, she is a demoness after all who likes to feel when her hand punches something. Anyway, I then climbed to the top of one of the human fortress's towers and threw all the clothing and other unnecessary stuff there just incase. All she really needed at that time was a backpack, a dagger (for bone carving), an adamantite greataxe and a platinum maul which I later on replaced with an adamantite greatsword as hitting anything fast-moving with a maul or a greataxe is troublesome (damn bogeymen!).

After all was set I decided to see what this human lord wanted from my demoness as a hearthperson (besides for lewd/dancing festivities mind you) and turns it's a bronze colossus that needed to be hacked to pieces, well at least this time my character is prepared and finally to my surprise: She being at about body size 120,600 (plus gigantic with incredible muscles) and having muscle density at 1360 and bone density at 600 and then using an artifact adamantite greataxe to strike down a bronze colossus.. it just took two heavy hack attacks to the neck and it dead. :o Yes! Finally, that was how the first fight with a colossus was supposed to go down with my first drogoth!!

Alrighty! Colossus killed and found some nearby human skeletal remains who I think was someone who thought he/she could take on the colossus. Anyway somewhere along the way I found a pack of dingos, had to kill them to get their bones and finally craft and clad my naked demoness with mastercrafted bone armor and trinkets, took a while to craft some of the pieces as mastercrafts and I'm quite sure she prefers not have that much gear on her but hey, modesty and wearing stuff from dead things is her only idea of decorum and if somebody has something bad to say about her menacing bone armor on her body she'll be more than happy to take it all off and beat the offender to bloody puddle with those restricting bone armor pieces.

Loving how many ways fun can be had in this game, even with my OP characters.

Side note: Drogoth is a heavily modified version of a dingo man.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 07:02:13 pm by Droggarth »
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10775 on: February 22, 2016, 06:52:18 pm »

Oh that puts some hilarious mental images to mind.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

King_of_Baboons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10776 on: February 22, 2016, 06:59:24 pm »

These posts are making me question why have some people wasted their time to make 18+ mods
A medium-sized creature prone to madness and insanity.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10777 on: February 22, 2016, 07:12:47 pm »

When we somehow have managed to find NFSW things without even trying? :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10778 on: February 22, 2016, 08:16:45 pm »

These posts are making me question why have some people wasted their time to make 18+ mods

When we somehow have managed to find NFSW things without even trying? :V

Theheh! In my defence I was being realistic with this demoness thing and how the game works.. which, now that I think about it is NSFW by default. Meh, it is a game where you can lop off copious amounts of body bits including gelding blows to animals so with that considered, some harmless nudity is the least of the problems IMO.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 08:20:07 pm by Droggarth »

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10779 on: February 22, 2016, 08:23:56 pm »

In my defence I was being realistic with this demoness thing and how the game works
Please elaborate.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10780 on: February 22, 2016, 08:28:11 pm »

In my defence I was being realistic with this demoness thing and how the game works
Please elaborate.

I'm assuming that he was making a point of, well, pointing out the fact that overpowered adventurers can and do wreck faces unarmored or even naked, whether they started that way or earned it the hard way.

Er, I mean either they started OP or earned it, not whether or not they started nude. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10781 on: February 22, 2016, 09:01:35 pm »

Please elaborate.

The very nature a demoness or a succubi tend to have. That's what I meant by realistic when it comes to that part of the fantasy. 'nuff said.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10782 on: February 22, 2016, 09:10:38 pm »

I didn't realize how much easier semis were than night trolls until I greeted a Giantess in her lair and she was dead before either of us could respond. Do not pass unconsciousness, go directly to death.

Please elaborate.

The very nature a demoness or a succubi tend to have. That's what I meant by realistic when it comes to that part of the fantasy. 'nuff said.
Oh, a 'realistic' demoness or succubi...so is that Dante realistic or Gygax realistic? Do you have some canon as a frame of reference, or is this just completely self-serving asspull?

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10783 on: February 22, 2016, 09:23:45 pm »

Please elaborate.

Oh, a 'realistic' demoness or succubi...so is that Dante realistic or Gygax realistic? Do you have some canon as a frame of reference, or is this just completely self-serving asspull?

I don't know about either Dante or Gygax, I have mainly taken inspiration from Warhammer 40k's Slaanesh and a few other sources and applied a bit of my own spin on things as I do with all things. Though the term I'd use is: BEING CREATIVE
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 09:29:56 pm by Droggarth »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10784 on: February 22, 2016, 10:00:44 pm »

Just be lucky I don't try and get creative about modding that sorta thing. You know it'd get weird in a heartbeat.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 ... 717 718 [719] 720 721 ... 1104