Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 712 713 [714] 715 716 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2102441 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #10695 on: February 18, 2016, 11:43:53 pm »

That needs more images of giant wolves devouring the moon. :V
Perhaps three of them? You could sell «shirts».
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 11:45:33 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

thisistherevolt

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10696 on: February 19, 2016, 06:41:41 am »

So today I beat a Dragon to death with another Dragons head. Afterwards I composed a poem and a dance form about the event while standing in the Dragons blood. The poem was called "Happiness of Blood" and the dance "Abysmal Undulations." I died while in a Human town a few in-game days later due to accidentally calling out a vampire queen while attempting to report my success. I wasn't paying attention and started to perform the dance. After creating a new adventurer (an Osprey Man) simply to get to the site quicker, the vamp Queens subjects had killed her, but most died trying to subdue her. I also tried killing a Bronze Colossus with thrown coins. It did not go well.
DF players are everywhere, they are your teachers, cooks, politicians (for real...) and your friendly neighborhood stoners. Truly a game that unites us all.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10697 on: February 19, 2016, 07:35:10 am »

Toady is putting in treecutting, looks like it'll be a composition/travel screen type cutaway for an hour but it should be permanent unlike advfort, and it'll be the foundation to add in construction/player site creation apparently.
An hour? That doesn't get better with practice, like it does in fortresses?

After creating a new adventurer (an Osprey Man) simply to get to the site quicker, the vamp Queens subjects had killed her, but most died trying to subdue her. I also tried killing a Bronze Colossus with thrown coins. It did not go well.
Osprey Men have wings, don't they?

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10698 on: February 19, 2016, 08:49:35 am »

After healing the arm through fast travel, Bim remembered he wasn't at focused so he read the book he had found at Rockzenith. Then he and Cerol scouted the mound by walking around it. They tried to reset Iquila's position (the !! ! was near the door) so she'd end up westward, by playing against her EXTRAVISION.

They dropped in and out of fast travel two or three times to try to reset her position, until it was remembered there was a better way:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Iquila laid low, they head for the hamlet of Coastalaged. Bim had left a few bags of twine and extra clothes at the mead hall.

There, they met the swordself Nisa Aleere (Nisa Leafybells). She tells them about Inen Waveclams the desert titan. Bim spammed how are you feeling to try to gauge her tendencies for battle, but came away only with the fact she has no family to speak of. So, why not?

Bim (this time wearing the brigandine), Cerol, and Nisa take the short walk, but Bim has Cerol wait some distance off as they don't know what sort of titan this is and an errant shot might cause chaos.

It's silly when that happens, but hunting titans is either about the good stat haul if they can be melee'd, or volume shooting if they can't. None of them will ever be as hard as a good night troll melee, but somehow Bim knows renown is about things that don't really matter. It's all about luck. Ask any kobold.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 08:58:34 am by peasant cretin »

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #10699 on: February 19, 2016, 01:00:16 pm »

After healing the arm through fast travel, Bim remembered he wasn't at focused so he read the book he had found at Rockzenith. Then he and Cerol scouted the mound by walking around it. They tried to reset Iquila's position (the !! ! was near the door) so she'd end up westward, by playing against her EXTRAVISION.

They dropped in and out of fast travel two or three times to try to reset her position, until it was remembered there was a better way:

Iquila laid low, they head for the hamlet of Coastalaged. Bim had left a few bags of twine and extra clothes at the mead hall.

There, they met the swordself Nisa Aleere (Nisa Leafybells). She tells them about Inen Waveclams the desert titan. Bim spammed how are you feeling to try to gauge her tendencies for battle, but came away only with the fact she has no family to speak of. So, why not?

Bim (this time wearing the brigandine), Cerol, and Nisa take the short walk, but Bim has Cerol wait some distance off as they don't know what sort of titan this is and an errant shot might cause chaos.

It's silly when that happens, but hunting titans is either about the good stat haul if they can be melee'd, or volume shooting if they can't. None of them will ever be as hard as a good night troll melee, but somehow Bim knows renown is about things that don't really matter. It's all about luck. Ask any kobold.

What tileset are you using because that doesn't look like the standard ascii/color scheme? Also, my Bone-peddler adventurer (who started as a peasent!) has been hunting named giant alligators and Giant dingos and such. People call me out about how good I am for a deal and my hunting prowess. But you..you are the greatest hunter.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10700 on: February 19, 2016, 02:49:34 pm »

max you said something about Clearing the Death flag or something on a ghostly adventurer to gain access to playing them again?
how do I go about this with out using dfhack? use an resurrect interaction on the corpse after they came back from the dead as a ghost?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10701 on: February 19, 2016, 02:53:58 pm »

Oh, no, I meant literally with dfhack, gotta remove the entries showing you had a death, what death it was, etc.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10702 on: February 19, 2016, 03:05:55 pm »

Met the tree dwarves, but I didn't find anyone qualified for adventuring or performing. At least the kid had a musical and poetic form to share. I think I'm stuck with Cog, because it's too late in the game to get a rookie to catch up to the rest of us. He doesn't really annoy me so much, but listening to everyone's bitching about him does. They need to learn not to let him get under their skin; just fuck with his head, like I do. I argue values I don't care about or believe, then act outraged when he rejects my premise, then repeat when he brings up another value, or just flatter him to shut him up.

At least he's gotten braver, rushing in first with teeth ready to latch on. Or maybe he's just suicidal now that he's so physically broken. I have a week to decide whether to pass the curse and give him another chance. I probably will out of necessity.

The same retreat had a goblin dancer -- all dancers in this world are goblins, so I wish they'd stop their suicide attacks. I've gone through the history of every site in this civ to find at least one resident who took up the occupation of dancer, and have found nothing so far. A reasonable explanation for this is that their dancers joined a troupe group and left their site group before becoming dancers. I got some nice dances from the goblin, but they were all ceremonial and/or improvisational forms, so I can't compose for them unless I get them at random by scribing straight to page.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10703 on: February 19, 2016, 03:29:36 pm »

Oh, no, I meant literally with dfhack, gotta remove the entries showing you had a death, what death it was, etc.
well then this means I can't basically Tell toady about the ghost lack of flying gaits through legit means or uhh prove ghost adventurers aren't a Dfhack construct.
well atleast my ghost studies prove ghosts can be effected by interaction transformations.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10704 on: February 19, 2016, 04:36:26 pm »

I might have missed you trying this, but have you resurrected your body as a different species while your ghost was around?

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10705 on: February 19, 2016, 08:43:46 pm »

Made a second active world where I am my actual demon embodiment, had to make some slight modding on my adventures to my character's race to get him the way I wanted him to be. Made an awesome name for him and by killing the first opponent which was an ambushing jaguar I got an extra name: "Wurág" (aka Standreign)

His name is "Dhor Wurág Kar Strir" now aka "Dhor Standreign the Lord of Rage".. out of all random names this gotta be the most spot-on name for a character so far. Instead of sitting he reigns the battlefield and his profession is 'Battle-Lord'.

Stabbed a bronze colossus to death with an adamantine dagger that was the only thing able to damage it at that moment as my platinum masterful greataxe and shield didn't do squat. Later on I hacked hydra to death with my greataxe, it bled to death though but the damage I did to it was more than satisfying and by the time I got to kill a dragon, my character was/is stronger/tougher than ever and this time around the other hand wielded the same greataxe that I upgraded to adamantine and to artifact quality and the main hand has an adamantine greatsword which too is an artifact in quality only (wish I could give them all custom names and descriptions).

Anyway I did a short work of the dragon and not ONCE was it able to damage me even though I had all the automatic dodging turned off. Once the final blow to it's head was made with the greataxe I butchered the dragon and it's hacked off head and got the dragon bones that I needed for my quality bone gear and trinkets. I am now back somewhere in a nearby dwarven village/hamlet/hobbit hole thing spreading rumors of my kills and trying to be nice to dwarves since they seem to be quite friendly with me.. I guess that's what [POWER] tag does.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 08:46:03 pm by Droggarth »
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10706 on: February 19, 2016, 09:14:15 pm »

What tileset are you using because that doesn't look like the standard ascii/color scheme?
Here (I do love this tile set):
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Tileset_repository
Author    Xenomorph
Dated    2008-8-9
Tile Size    8×16
Resolution    640×400
Comments    This is the tileset used by Acorn computers, starting with the BBC Micro. This version is as it would have appeared in 80-column modes (albeit adapted to CP437). Download the BMP.

Also, my Bone-peddler adventurer (who started as a peasent!) has been hunting named giant alligators and Giant dingos and such. People call me out about how good I am for a deal and my hunting prowess. But you..you are the greatest hunter.
Sadly (YMMV), any peasant can take a bow and say 100 arrows and go shoot a meat titan down (Bim started as a peasant too). It's like The Brave Little Tailor with his "Seven at One Blow" so the renown feels very unwarranted. I guess the difference is your character isn't trying to trick the world though. The world has tricked itself.

Elfhater69

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10707 on: February 19, 2016, 10:12:52 pm »

I created a peasant dwarf bonecarver on a world with only 5 years of history (i like being part of the devolping history)
Anyways i killed some animals to create bone carvings and i created a few well crafted and masterwork figurines and went to sell them at a nearby fortress (hillocks didnt seem to have markets) i went there and went to sell them but they had no forn of currency yet. So i traded them for other items to sell at a human settlement where i knew there were markets (played a previous game before at a human town) But the problem was that the only way to get to them from where i was, was across a great mountain range. I couldnt travel alone because well boogeymen. So i searched the fortress for warriors to join me on an adventure but none of them wanted to so instead i asked them to join me as entertainers but they wanted me to demonstrate my abilities. So i sang and got 3 other dwarfs to travel with me and we headed for the mountain range. We traveled for a full day and i had plenty of food, water on the other hand... not so much. Thankfully there was a lake nearby and i got some water and rested. Well when i woke we started to head out, we barely took three steps before being attacked by a yetti! We managed to kill the yetti, butcher his corpse take his meat and bones. But my ankle was bdly injured and one of my other mates was injured as well. We rested again to heal then on our way out, guess who decides to show up? Another yetti! Thankfully nobody got hurt this time though. Anyways i went to save the game and exit cause i had things to do. So i clicked save and the game crashes. All that work for nothing. It restarted me back at the fort :(

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10708 on: February 19, 2016, 10:14:49 pm »

A masterwork platinum greataxe. That sounds really special, Droggath. Did you think to check the material's shear values before gifting yourself that, genius?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10709 on: February 19, 2016, 10:41:22 pm »

A masterwork platinum greataxe. That sounds really special, Droggath. Did you think to check the material's shear values before gifting yourself that, genius?

It would've made a badass maul though.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 712 713 [714] 715 716 ... 1104