Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 706 707 [708] 709 710 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2102648 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #10605 on: February 13, 2016, 08:08:47 pm »

Triple library trees with no books or people in this forest retreat.

I am confused.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10606 on: February 13, 2016, 08:26:53 pm »

The point of this post is I guess is to say hi to the community and let you all know that I'm not your usual new player. I'm sick of majority of the RPG games never offering you the ability to play a beastly race so yeah. Dwarf Fortress ahoy!

Welcome to the forums, and have Fun. X3
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10607 on: February 13, 2016, 09:44:40 pm »

The point of this post is I guess is to say hi to the community and let you all know that I'm not your usual new player. I'm sick of majority of the RPG games never offering you the ability to play a beastly race so yeah. Dwarf Fortress ahoy!

Welcome to the forums, and have Fun. X3

Thanks! Oh dwarf, once I figure out the game more and dfhack and dftool get updated for 0.42.06 there will be plenty of boxes of fun for me.

The ongoing adventure of mine: Talked goat men and women out of hostilities towards me and made them accept/be friendly to my character then moved towards east and my smelling ability is now picking up a giant wolverine somewhere.
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10608 on: February 13, 2016, 09:59:48 pm »

Nice. Meanwhile, I'm returning from slaying another night creature for lord Pebu. Along the way I brought down a deer due to running low on meat, and carved what I dubbed The Bane of Terrors.

EDIT: And now, we're moving on up in the world.

EDIT 2: Aaaand the pikeman I recruit easily killed it in one hit. It seems I need to buff treants.

EDIT 3: Bil makes a smartassed gift for Dik, dubbed The Thief of Killing:

« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 10:36:35 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #10609 on: February 13, 2016, 10:46:26 pm »

Looks like the npc are now more aware of what's going on around them.

I started another new character, a spear wielder, i noticed the * in the middle of a town, obvious bandits and when i came there i saw 2 bandits, each of them were fighting town people and a 3rd bandit, a bowman that had just shot (and missed).

I went to help, i didn't saw the bowman, only when i took an arrow on the upper leg (it bruised the bone, oddly it didn't automatically send me to unconsciousness like it does usually when a hit touch a bone) i understood he was around, and stabbed both bandits to death while they were not paying attention to me while moving around to break the bowman line of sight .

I talked to one of the wounded citizen to see if i could draft him, and without having reported anything he thanked me ! while the bowman decided to run away.

He refused to join me unfortunately , i went to the nearest house to see if there was someone willing to join and again, without reporting the bandit fight, the npc thanked me !

(looks like the "time before time i attacked me" nonsense is still there)

looks like rumours are spreading themselves correctly now, without you having to constantly tell everyone that witnessed something , that the something happened.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10610 on: February 13, 2016, 10:53:50 pm »

I just discovered a terrible secret about milord Pebu. The Society of Hop, of whom I am a loyal hearthperson, usurped the position from The Rosy League, and The Rosy League seeks to reclaim the throne.

I'm gonna savescum to eyeball legends mode, and get a fix on who the current lord/lady of The Rosy League is. Because clearly mooseman logic distates that any threat to one's patron must be purged.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Fruitsbrain Weapon-tosser

• Bay Watcher
  • I must leave!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10611 on: February 13, 2016, 10:58:07 pm »

Found an odd happening while traveling. Came across a bunch of people in tents outside a city, among the tent's denizens being two Undead. They completely ignored the sleepy tent dwellers around them and went after me, and after striking them down, the people in the tents were labeled as No Quarter.

I've realized that trying to exterminate all Megabeasts, Necros, and Demons in a Medium World is a much loftier goal than i envisioned, and I've already long since started to bore of this world and character. I'm gonna lower my goal to merely Megabeasts, and am just gonna end it next time I die, and move on to the latest version. Finally start doing some non Demigods and stop save scumming.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10612 on: February 13, 2016, 11:08:09 pm »

Hmm. I can't find any sign of The Rosy League. Damn. >w<
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #10613 on: February 14, 2016, 03:04:18 am »

SO, I have discovered the bone carving industry is quite lucrative and my Bone Peddler, (who is eventually going to be a legendary bone carver) created his first masterpiece. Currency trading is working again, and I am slowly building up a fortune.

I have decided to buy a room at a tavern (and I extended it several days) and I plan to keep extending and paying rent until I have the sweetest apartment in town, I have even bought myself a piece of furniture for my room.I also bought myself a VERY nice leather cloak, an extremely nice troll leather coat, a Awesome hood (with an alligator on it) and  many other luxurious clothing items.  And this tavern, get this, has a shit tonne of different wines. So I am set.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 03:11:45 am by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #10614 on: February 14, 2016, 03:21:33 am »

Theres a huge amount of furniture shops in town, Im now buying a golden chest and a table
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10615 on: February 14, 2016, 03:35:06 am »

Well. I tried and failed to track down the next night troll I was sent to slay. After a while of camping in the area hoping it'd return to its lair, I decided to purge the next closest lair. Inside was another night troll, and we had a fierce battle where I cracked its skull a good few times.

But in the end, I got KO'd and brained. Oh well.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10616 on: February 14, 2016, 02:22:35 pm »

Well, shit just got real. Found a dwarwen stronghold-thingymayig and I was able to talk to the dwarven queen the first time.. then in the middle of the conversations she disappeared and nowhere to be found amongst the crowds of dwarves so I quit game and tried again but this time she didn't respond at all, quit the game again deleted the save and grabbed the backup of the saved world, nope will not speak with me.

Alright fine, if I can't talk about the terms of my character helping you and your kingdom out then things got quite simple: I killed her, accidently stole an iron battle axe (was looking for one anyway) and a plump helmet from a stall and that offended a dwarven bookkeeper, alright fine, yer funeral.

Am now attempting to drag them all under my rule but first I gotta come up with a good name for my "kingdom". "One beast to rule them all, one beast to find them,
One beast to bring them all and in the peaceness bind them!
". Heh, so far I'm having more fun than I have had in any other RPG game, ever. This game's like a piece of dark chocolate and after you're taken one bite you just want another and then another and so on and so forth. I already think in ASCII too. :o
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10617 on: February 14, 2016, 02:25:59 pm »

Am now attempting to drag them all under my rule but first I gotta come up with a good name for my "kingdom". "One beast to rule them all, one beast to find them,
One beast to bring them all and in the peaceness bind them!
".

Too bad you can't properly conquer dwarven settlements last I checked. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10618 on: February 14, 2016, 03:07:50 pm »

After the Dwarf got a title I realized I got the lamest title out of the bunch of us. As usual I started with just a three-letter name, Tol, and have been named during my adventures: Tol Ransackedhummed the Socketed Mouth of Fire. I've had much worse, but this one is pretty unsatisfying even without contrasting it with the far cooler titles of my companions.

The Dancer got "Queca Waterrang the Cloudy Morality of Wisdom", the Poet is "Iru Thunderrained the Immoral Maw of Lilacs", the old lady is "Betca Snakesjuggler the Tangled Natures of Venerating, and the Swordgoblin came to me with "Osp Tongswet the White Sorcery of Triangles".  The Dwarf got: "Cog Wallseized the First Meal of Vising" -- mediocre, yet better than mine.

The Spearwoman who turned on us got less lucky with names: "Tifetha Tautpraise the Flimsy Scintillating Number of Pastimes". So that's someone with a sillier title than mine, but I've still gotten far worse.

Galap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10619 on: February 14, 2016, 04:17:52 pm »

Went after my first necro tower. I had no idea there could be so many zombies. I killed 229 of them, and my allies killed some too. Just baited them out in small groups and retreated to a defensible position with my waiting allies repeatedly. Sneaking helped keep the group sizes smaller.

Went on to storm the tower, which I'm doing now. Killed a bunch of necromancers, but they managed to revive some of their allies' skins. I'm finding myself not able to kill these skins, but they don't really seem to be able to do any damage to us either. Anyone know the best way to kill an animated skin?

Edit: full body skins seem to go down normally, but there's just the one head skin that doesn't want to die.

edit2: so the zombies must actually be infinite. I went in the tower, saw every room in there, no zombies. leave, go to the river for a drink, come back, 20 zombies pour out of the tower. I think I'm done with this tower for now.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 04:44:57 pm by Galap »
Pages: 1 ... 706 707 [708] 709 710 ... 1104