Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 697 698 [699] 700 701 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2102923 times)

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #10470 on: February 07, 2016, 05:55:22 pm »

If you climb a peak with companions, they're included in the story, too. That was the 3rd peak in the range, and the 1st one I didn't go solo.

Fruitsbrain Weapon-tosser

• Bay Watcher
  • I must leave!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10471 on: February 07, 2016, 08:10:51 pm »

The conclusion to my sojourn into the hidden clown funhouse

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10472 on: February 07, 2016, 09:12:31 pm »

If you climb a peak with companions, they're included in the story, too. That was the 3rd peak in the range, and the 1st one I didn't go solo.
Yup, I brought my little gorlak bro up on a few peaks and for some megabeast kills, I ended up leaving him in a town because he charged in like a little nutjob against a hydra so I had to tackle it off of him just to keep him alive.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10473 on: February 07, 2016, 09:23:16 pm »

I ended up leaving him in a town because he charged in like a little nutjob against a hydra so I had to tackle it off of him just to keep him alive.

You should've sat back and watched the Fun ensue. Or at least hobble the hydra so the little bugger can finish it.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10474 on: February 07, 2016, 10:08:55 pm »

Little guy was speed buffed and I liked him, but the weird way he wore armor (helm and hauberk on his head? literally pants on head retarded?) made me worry about the coverage. Rather than getting him pulped I just kept knocking it off of him until I could sever enough heads for him to get the killshot.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10475 on: February 07, 2016, 10:57:29 pm »

The Dancer got a roc kill; her first megabeast! I said I should show her more respect, and when I noticed I was able to invite her to the Spires of Hell I did so right away. That's her only notable kill, but it's enough for companions to greet her with: "Hunting any dangerous beasts?"

Terribly cowardly performance from the Dwarf. This is the 4th beast kill I've seen him run away from. I saw that I was also able to invite him to the troupe, but for obvious reasons I'm postponing consideration of his candidacy. If someone cracks up and goes berserk on another during the icecap trip, I'm afraid he'll be the first one to get it. If someone has to get eaten during said trip, I'm certain he'll be the first one to get it.

Rocs have skin! And this site has limestone! So I have a superior roc parchment wrapped around a masterwork alder worth 15k. For comparison, a masterwork unicorn skin wrapped around masterwork featherwood is worth 7.8k. Unicorn quires are valued 4k, but as soon as they're bound they drop to the value of the binding material, with is 340 for a masterwork. I'm not producing these for money, but damn, these are first edition collectors items! I want people to be proud to own them! I want them auctioning them for obscenely inflating prices over the years, until in half a century, one hardcover could buy my entire civ! Earlier than that if it collapses the way I expect it to.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10476 on: February 08, 2016, 04:34:37 pm »

It is terrifying.

On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #10477 on: February 08, 2016, 07:57:16 pm »

Little guy was speed buffed and I liked him, but the weird way he wore armor (helm and hauberk on his head? literally pants on head retarded?) made me worry about the coverage. Rather than getting him pulped I just kept knocking it off of him until I could sever enough heads for him to get the killshot.
Nah, he's wearing pants on his head because his head is his whole body. Don't worry about it. The coverage is fine.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10478 on: February 08, 2016, 08:34:19 pm »

I keep finding random wildlife in this cavern instead of cave natives. And now I'm not sure of the way back.

EDIT: I found my way back. And in addition? I found...something non-hostile and intelligent!

Sadly it will not join me in my glorious quest to purge the surface world.

EDIT 2: Oh cool, this random gremlin is grateful upon being told of the megabeasts and a few other things I killed.

EDIT 3: "Excitement! Adventure! I am thrilled to join you." Turns out I can convince her after bragging about my conquests.

EDIT 4: I have nicknamed her Grim. And got exceedingly lucky in the process of crafting a weapon for her:

« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 09:37:26 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10479 on: February 08, 2016, 10:05:04 pm »

Use your own tracks.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10480 on: February 09, 2016, 01:13:34 am »

Use your own tracks.

I derped and had tracks disabled for a while because I'd started leaving a trail of campfires and the tracks were obscuring them. Doh. >.<
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10481 on: February 09, 2016, 04:03:16 am »

Just enable them and you can see them again.

Also leave a trail of gore and bodyparts.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10482 on: February 09, 2016, 06:05:32 am »

I'm back in the region of Complaining About the Weather. You're grouchy? You aren't the one with a coat of damp fur crushed inside layers of heavy leather! Don't tell me about grouchy, I'll give you grouchy!

Times like these I wish I could belt out a fierce cougar roar into their faces.

Fruitsbrain Weapon-tosser

• Bay Watcher
  • I must leave!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10483 on: February 09, 2016, 07:35:31 am »

My Journey to the North-East to deliver the Clown his Primeval Joke Book has led to me seeing many new sights and experiences. Having only done Small Worlds before this, I keep getting surprised by the diversity of the world. I traveled briefly through a Good Marshland (with an incredibly garish color palette), and strangely right next to that was an Evil Swamp, which was a new and eerie experience. An expansive, desolate land filled with nothing but Undead animals, where the rivers occasionally run with a mysterious brown slime. There was also a moment where while having to manually travel across a river, I got the strange message "You hear whistling"... there aren't any civilizations near the area where I got this message, nor any * on the map, so wherever that strange whistling is coming from is probably better left alone...

There was a Dwarven Hamlet close by the Evil Swamp, so I went by hoping to find more people to talk to, and only found ruin and madness. The whole town was trashed, and when I got up to Mead Hall a bunch of Poets and Bards came screaming out of the doors. Everybody inside was panicking and screaming about fighting, constantly running back and forth, occasionally stopping to beat each other up for a bit. There wasn't any Lords or any apparent Royalty or Government Officials in sight, so i just grabbed a couple nice items from the Meadhall, and left them to their madness.

Fought a lot of Beasts along the way. 2 Dragons (not that impressive since the world is only 290 years old), 1 Roc, and several Ettins occupied some time along the way. There is a Dragon lair near the end of the Evil Swamp, which may or may not contain a Zombie Dragon, so that should be a lot of Fun...

LordBalkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10484 on: February 09, 2016, 11:13:54 am »

Ok so, after playing a lot in Fortress, I've decided to embark as a character.
Im using the Quick Start guide at dwarfwiki and  went my travel alone.
The night came, and i read about the boogeyman.  after learn about how to avoid them, I decide to climb the nearest tree.
I used "Z" and then "wait until dawn".
Turns out that in the middle of the frgin night, they came and struck me down... I did something wrong?

Well, at least i had some !!FUN!! i guess...
Pages: 1 ... 697 698 [699] 700 701 ... 1104