Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 686 687 [688] 689 690 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2103953 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #10305 on: January 22, 2016, 09:16:00 am »

were they fighting with weapons or just punching each other?
The latter is a "brawl" and using weapons escalates it to "Lethal". WHich is probbabbly why they killed you.

No, they were in a lethal conflict - they were hacking each other with weapons.

-snip-

What the hell, just a few weeks ago I made a DF creature partially based off of the joy mutants.

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10306 on: January 22, 2016, 09:37:48 am »

were they fighting with weapons or just punching each other?
The latter is a "brawl" and using weapons escalates it to "Lethal". WHich is probbabbly why they killed you.

No, they were in a lethal conflict - they were hacking each other with weapons.

-snip-

What the hell, just a few weeks ago I made a DF creature partially based off of the joy mutants.
To be entirely fair, a ton of Dwarves are like Brad Armstrong. Short (mind you Shortness runs in the Armstrong family) Bearded men who even after losing both arms will beat people to death via biting and charging if they so desire.
EDIT:I killed a water based Kestrel titan, now a legendary hero.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 11:07:12 am by Nep Nep »
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #10307 on: January 22, 2016, 11:07:15 am »

To be entirely fair, a ton of Dwarves are like Brad Armstrong. Short (mind you Shortness runs in the Armstrong family) Bearded men who even after losing both arms will beat people to death via biting and charging if they so desire.

Heh, true.

I need to find a way to make an effective non-OP mutation thingy with custom plants. I already have several types of plants including a joy plant that each turns people into a different caste of mutant. Wish you could make it pick a random caste instead, wouldn't need to make 6 different plants for each caste.

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10308 on: January 22, 2016, 01:12:07 pm »

Now considered a Legendary Hero/Hunter, currently exploring the world with my adventurer.
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10309 on: January 22, 2016, 01:41:50 pm »

Found the actual capital, bigger and laggier than ever. Meeting the law-giver didn't make it worthwhile to stay past delivering the obligatory story of my legendariness, which was delayed only by interloping kobolds. I wasn't pleased with the taverns' contents, though there were a few new drinks. So I'm off on a hamlet tour, composing new dance/music/poems in each one and clearing bandits where they appear. I've given away a total of 5 meadhalls, one to Hammerlady and one to Whipchic, but the Poet won't accept one and I don't want one, so the rest went to random hearthfolk.

Maybe by the time I'm through with this tour, some good prospective recruits will visit the capital.

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10310 on: January 22, 2016, 01:48:17 pm »

So my axeman and my Drunk died and I mourned the Drunk's death since he has been there since the start of my journey (for once sad over a companion dying, cause this adventure has been a long one as I explore the world and he's been there from the hillocks I started in)

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #10311 on: January 22, 2016, 02:36:41 pm »

I started out as a goblin in a dwarven fortress. what's up with that? anyway I recruited 4 dwarves to join me on adventures(did they change from 2 to 4 in 42.?) then I travelled to a random lair and until then I had never actually seen something in a lair before, so I was kinda unprepared to fight him.
fortunately my companions stabbed him into submission, and I got the last hit before he bled out! then I traveled to my home reecuited 10 more companions travelled to a human hamlet's castle thing. the lord seemed rascist toward goblin's so, I wiped the floor with him. hey, I just become lord of Killer of Beasts
operating from the Greatest Orb in hollowtax! I then took my companions to the nearby town of yawningtax(sister town?). I found a temple there, and since I had never been a night creature before, I quickly tipped over the nearest statue, and turned into a wereloris(I hadn't known I would transform at that time) in front of my 16 followers, since I didn't want to kill them, I hid in the catacombs until I un-transformed. and then went back to the Greatest Orb and found two of my previous companions, they must have went through a mild mind fog because they seemed to forget I was a wereloris. then my game crashed. I forgot to save that whole time. THE END.  anyone else think telling a vampire about his presence in the town, anger him?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #10312 on: January 22, 2016, 02:56:09 pm »

So my axeman and my Drunk died and I mourned the Drunk's death since he has been there since the start of my journey (for once sad over a companion dying, cause this adventure has been a long one as I explore the world and he's been there from the hillocks I started in)

RIP Birdie.

I often times give drunks shields and weapons from warehouses, so they survive a bit longer. Once did that with an entire army of drunks I recruited into my troupe.

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10313 on: January 22, 2016, 03:15:25 pm »

RIP Birdie.

I often times give drunks shields and weapons from warehouses, so they survive a bit longer. Once did that with an entire army of drunks I recruited into my troupe.
RIP Everyone
Cheetahmen were bad since Action 52 came out, and I knew that one day they will bite me in the ass.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #10314 on: January 22, 2016, 04:50:59 pm »

On my way to kill a night creature as tasked by my lord , we ran into a group of goblin at a bridge.
(i wish those ambushes were stealthy still like 34.11 , those super obvious * in the fast travel map defeat completely the surprise :/ )

from the gamelog :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

... That's going to be a long travel.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 04:55:15 pm by Robsoie »

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10315 on: January 22, 2016, 05:06:20 pm »

I can'
On my way to kill a night creature as tasked by my lord , we ran into a group of goblin at a bridge.
(i wish those ambushes were stealthy still like 34.11 , those super obvious * in the fast travel map defeat completely the surprise :/ )

While the gobs were all moving toward us, one of them was oddly polite
[..]
I should have ignored all that 42.05 hippy happy together gob propaganda cracks, a good gob is still a dead gob.
I can't believe you still don't know a mugger when you see one; this has been their behavior for many versions.

If you go to a town harassed by bandits and one approaches you politely, it's because he's stalling you while his buddies get into position around you. Human and elven bandits do the same thing, it's not just a goblin tactic. Hell, you could figure it out just by seeing a dot in the center of any hamlet!

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10316 on: January 22, 2016, 11:13:39 pm »

The finale of my latest adventure ended with my Werekoala biting an intense amount of people, making multiple Werekoalas in one night.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #10317 on: January 23, 2016, 01:17:33 am »

I can't believe you still don't know a mugger when you see one; this has been their behavior for many versions.

If you go to a town harassed by bandits and one approaches you politely, it's because he's stalling you while his buddies get into position around you. Human and elven bandits do the same thing, it's not just a goblin tactic. Hell, you could figure it out just by seeing a dot in the center of any hamlet!

I know, it's been like this since df2014 and disapointed for a long time as it was simply broken and most of the time the bandits were failing to go hostile or even ask for your stuff.
I was just "roleplaying" along my character as i thought it was obvious from the tone i was using in the spoiler (asking "you must yield" as a greeting :D) and the 42.x bandit new (working this time i mean) behaviour.

Now more seriously, how can you make the difference between the goblin swordman that is a bandit and the goblin swordman that is the faction-friendly one in the middle of the melee , because there was actually one (only figured out later in the fight when one of the goblin was not actually trying to fight us but was trying to fight the other gobs).

It reminds me of the similar situation i had in early df2014 when i started in an elven retreat that had a fight between bandit elves and faction elves, without a single method to know which ones were my faction and which ones were the bandits (as with df2014 bugged npc, none was hostile to me).

Since all that time, i wish Toady would have done something about this problem.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 01:27:33 am by Robsoie »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10318 on: January 23, 2016, 07:19:14 am »

Yeah, when they aren't an ally, but don't know you they shouldn't show as lethal if your factions aren't at war or whatnot just because they are fighting lethally with someone else.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10319 on: January 23, 2016, 07:57:34 am »

Incidentally I confirmed a weird marketplace zombie bug.

It's fascinating but the lag is atrocious and they come back every time you kill them... so that's a thing.
Pages: 1 ... 686 687 [688] 689 690 ... 1104