Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 684 685 [686] 687 688 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2104000 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #10275 on: January 18, 2016, 01:27:09 am »

I don't know but since the dances of the civ I started with were boring and the cities were surrounded by mountains I retired there and made a goblin further north west to see how their dances were.

Roamed to a town, explored and fought my way through the tunnels under a temple until I found a cat in a sewer (and thus a surface access ramp nearby) and when I told the lord at the keep about the named criminal I killed down there he made a hearthperson, told me to go kill a cyclops.

Luizx_

• Bay Watcher
  • Totally normal person...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10276 on: January 18, 2016, 03:45:38 am »

Doing a monster hunter run (to test the new version) using Lengends Viewer, it's awesome to track down beasts! I spawned in a town with 2 Trolls and 1 Cyclops near by. The bad thing is that this town is in the coast, no rivers to full my waterskin... Luckly, my hometown has a  well, so I won't dehydrate to death.

I tracked the 2 Trolls. I killed one and picked up his heart as a trophy. My companion Thefin killed the other Troll, I butcher he's corpse and gave his horn to she. I searched the cave where the Cyclops is for two days and found nothing, I just gave up and saved for another time. I'll just move to my hometown and refill my resources to get into another hunt. While traveling in the wilds, I discovery this elf civilization that have a lot of lairs with, problably, werebeasts. Now I want kill 'em all!
Well, no sucess trying to find the lairs...

A pack of lions attacked us. Easy one for me, but Thefin was bruised, not serious stuff, tho (I was affraid that she could bleed to death).

We stopped at the northern town to brag about our troll hunt, this appeared:

Shut up Mom! I'm trying to decapitate some goblins here!

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #10277 on: January 18, 2016, 10:20:02 am »

Doing a monster hunter run (to test the new version) using Lengends Viewer, it's awesome to track down beasts! I spawned in a town with 2 Trolls and 1 Cyclops near by. The bad thing is that this town is in the coast, no rivers to full my waterskin... Luckly, my hometown has a  well, so I won't dehydrate to death.

I tracked the 2 Trolls. I killed one and picked up his heart as a trophy. My companion Thefin killed the other Troll, I butcher he's corpse and gave his horn to she. I searched the cave where the Cyclops is for two days and found nothing, I just gave up and saved for another time. I'll just move to my hometown and refill my resources to get into another hunt. While traveling in the wilds, I discovery this elf civilization that have a lot of lairs with, problably, werebeasts. Now I want kill 'em all!
Well, no sucess trying to find the lairs...

A pack of lions attacked us. Easy one for me, but Thefin was bruised, not serious stuff, tho (I was affraid that she could bleed to death).

We stopped at the northern town to brag about our troll hunt, this appeared:

Become a hearth and ask for a duty and you will get a quest usually now (likely to kill a beast of some sort)
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10278 on: January 18, 2016, 11:07:18 am »

Got sent to kill a zombie ogre in a town.

Neat: they finished with "Enjoy the hunt!"

Less neat: there is a good chance that this zombie ogre spawned inside of a wall since they aren't roaming around at night and nobody has any suggestions where to check for her.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10279 on: January 18, 2016, 11:45:45 am »

Reached the city with the library and began my introductory pub crawl. The first tavern greeted me with a hostile goblin master. Unfortunately not the master, the one I regret not killing on on the floor of his former spire. At the second tavern I discovered the endless goblin raiders coming from the nearby chapel. What's more, it's in range of the library, so every time I want to go there, there'll be killing until they're dead.

The library is six floors of Chemistry, Medicine and Engineering, a wealth of knowledge of no practical value to an adventurer. But at least I get the option to write about any esoteric topic contained in them, in case I wish to become a famous hernia author. Plundered all the stationary, so I might do that just to see what its title will be.

EDIT: Featherwood bed, 3u, fits right into a backpack. Featherwood pot, holds as much as a barrel, 1u. I had a bunch of logs left over that I didn't know what to do with, so I turned them into blocks for future construction, 16 at 1u each. I guess I could make a ballroom floor out of them.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 02:02:29 pm by Uzu Bash »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #10280 on: January 19, 2016, 03:32:55 am »

Had an adventurer get brutally murdered by bogeymen (I had proper armor and everything, seriously these things need to just be removed until a better replacement is found) so I genned a world without them. Decided to roll a modded critter of mine, overpowered but not totally invulnerable (and being huge sucks because you can hardly find armor), and I wind up as a hearthperson in a human village. Ask for duties, they tell me to go kill a vampire. Turns out his four hundred or so murders didn't involve much combat, because I killed him with Competent Swordsman. Now everyone in the town spits on me and calls me a murderer.

I also found out that wrestling escalates to No Quarter. Huh.

In related news, can you still become a vamp by drinking a vampire's blood?
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10281 on: January 19, 2016, 04:20:11 am »

I also found out that wrestling escalates to No Quarter. Huh.
Not necessarily. I think it only does when you grab the throat or something like that.
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.

Feniks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10282 on: January 19, 2016, 05:29:54 am »

My servant of goddes of death slowly is building reputation for himself. I got seperated by the river from my companions and few min later 5 goblins attacked me. With a clever way of jumping and running between trees I maged to kils 1st out of 2 archers. Then with his bolts I put the other archer out of the fight. By then I started to get tired so I slowly backed of with a sword in my hand as lasher apreached I jump into him sending him flying as a result he smashed his head and knock himself out on nearby tree. I was then able to finish 2 remaining wrestlers and ended up entire fight with only 1 bruised leg.

As I choped the head of last goblin my companions apeared from the edge of a screen charging with help. I spat on them and started breaging about my recent voilent deeds.

In local town I found out location of the rest of goblin band and cleared that up. I am on my way to tumb now. Goddess of dead doesn't appreciate when people try to avoid meeting her time to put undeads to overdue rest.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10283 on: January 19, 2016, 08:44:35 am »

My adventurer is greeting everyone in the meadhall I wandered into with 'I have nothing for you' rather than the usual 'praise murder!' or whatever religious greeting.

I guess it's because the original owners are all dead and these guys are bandits from the nearby minotaur civ. Friendly lot, all humans. Stayed the night and they didn't kill me in my sleep.

Actually much more restful than the previous night at a meadhall owned by my own civ. Woke up in the middle of the night to see the hearthpeople being torn apart by a giant black bear.

Lozzymandias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10284 on: January 19, 2016, 10:09:48 am »

Played a fortress on a haunted biome till all the FUN left it. Abandoned it, and began as an adventurer on the far side of the map. Now embarking on a grand, cross country trek to get some masterwork steel armour and an artifact adamantine short sword from out of a trap-riddled probably undead-riddled shell of a fortress. So far, there have been many bogeymen.
"Come on, you sons of elves, do you want to live forever?"

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10285 on: January 19, 2016, 11:12:16 am »

I was content to let the Failed Evils be because they weren't that hostile to me, but breaking my taverns is something I shall not abide. I'm going to wipe them out from one end of the island to the other, and my final stop will be back at the master, sheltered by my civ's clemency in his own tower while he masterminds the brutal violation of innocent taverns.

I recruited a bunch of dumb muscle and they're turning out to be a solid harem squad: a Hammer, a Lasher, and a vampire Axe. Currently I'm on a grand tour of the camps, eliminating the ones held by the Failed Evils, and letting everyone get practice on the wildlife while I turn my blank scrolls into shoddy poetry.  Then back to the evil undead land to kill more critters. If they can handle all of this, the next region is filled with moon horrors.

My adventurer is greeting everyone in the meadhall I wandered into with 'I have nothing for you' rather than the usual 'praise murder!' or whatever religious greeting.
They say that if you have a reputation for robbery. Mug anyone lately?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #10286 on: January 19, 2016, 02:58:34 pm »

I'm introducing my friend to DF. He used my adventurer to kill some bogeymen.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10287 on: January 19, 2016, 04:35:45 pm »

With the 42.05 update, I genned a new world. Switched from Medium Region to Medium Island. It's been a while in that regard.

This time around the swordsdwarf, Bim Fieldpebble, is a traveling monster hunter and possibly a future writer. He's a peasant with only strength and toughness at high, everything else is average. He began like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is where he ended up after 2 giants and 1 ettin:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I recall making Bim <<private, so he hasn't told anyone about whatever's been going on out in the wilds. Conversationally he's just asked how someone's been feeling to figure out their traits and little else.

He made his way south to Safetyclearings which was a town # when the world was first made, but somehow downgraded to + by the time Bim arrives. He was hoping to find a library, but instead there was a most awful lag. This lag was due to the fact that he was being trailed by a troll recruit (who fled) and a human spearwoman (who had to be killed). Once they where gone, the lag improved. Not sure what he'll be doing now. Bim will probably walk around town before heading west to a town that hopefully remained a #.

Other things: Toady mentioned here that "Neck gets same combat chance adjustment as head." In the last 4 fights every time the neck was available as a good (white/green) target, the throat was always listed as tricky. That seems to have changed as before targeting chances appeared to be the same for both. A thing that would be great to change as well would have been to alter combat chance for feet and cause any swing to induce a defensive penalty. I've read that in the Middle Ages, attacks to the foot would put the attacker in a bad position so this wasn't a go to move as it has been here in DF. My character's gamey combat routines are still foot/leg (kill speed/charge), then whatever's good, though preferring of course shots disrupt attacks, shots to the neck (kill fight capacity) or shots to the belly (to cause nausea).

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10288 on: January 19, 2016, 04:50:56 pm »

They say that if you have a reputation for robbery. Mug anyone lately?
I'm saying it to them. So as I thought, it's because they're bandits. My adventurer didn't need to check legends viewer to know what's going on. Smart guy. :)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10289 on: January 19, 2016, 05:27:06 pm »

Loving nerfed zombies. Towers have gone from absolute absurdity to be circumvented to legitimate and satisfying challenges. Wading through hords of mindless undead just a little faster than necromancers can raise them and trying to manage your stamina to outlast the horde is pretty badass. 
Pages: 1 ... 684 685 [686] 687 688 ... 1104