Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 683 684 [685] 686 687 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2104011 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #10260 on: January 16, 2016, 11:14:33 am »

Decided to start up and new adventure and go on a killing spree. Disemboweled a house full of people.
Doesn't everyone start their adventures this way?

*looks left*
*looks right*
No? J-just me?

Well, um...

I treat my adventures like my vault full of priceless treasures. I only share them with a select few, and those few are always comically dismembered immediately afterwards.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10261 on: January 16, 2016, 02:49:39 pm »

An interesting thing: in vanilla DF, camps only have human size clothing and armor. I don't remember ever finding anything that would fit a dwarf, elf or gobbo. In this new world, elves live in towns and hamlets instead of trees. The bandit camps my dwarf has visited have a mixture of human and dwarf-sized clothing. It seems item generation for camps may be based on an entity having town/hamlet.

This new dwarf, who was on his way to have tea with an ettin, hasn't done a thing except visit 3-4 bandit camps and fight one alligator:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here he's read a book called Before the Hamlet:

Apparently pretty poor, but it piques some interest:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I guess he's off in search of other, better books.

Luizx_

• Bay Watcher
  • Totally normal person...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10262 on: January 16, 2016, 06:19:42 pm »

First gig in a tavern, I wanted something new so I created a choreography while Blueforded was talking with the people. I called Combats and the Festive Tower. My dance was so cool, all the people was singin' along (except the goblin tavern keeper, meh). Blueforded was chanting well, she was doing good after some training. A dwarf bard joined our band, while I play the stredac, that is basicaly a guitar, he plays the locun, that is basicaly a bass with twelve strings. His name was Olin Syrupsack. Wow, my guitar have only two strings, wtf... After the gig, I ordered some free wine for me and my two buddies. Wow, I never drink wine from a gold mug.
Shut up Mom! I'm trying to decapitate some goblins here!

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10263 on: January 16, 2016, 08:14:57 pm »

When I joined this troubadour group, the Spires of Hell, I gave up membership in all other groups, including civs. And I found that's what everyone who joined did; this Poet wasn't goblinized, she abandoned her civ at the end of the 1st century, along with 1 other elf and 14 goblins and a human. I'm the only new member since then. They were based out of the Failed Evils' Spire, I suppose just for inspiration because they never became members of the civilization. Unfortunately the few surviving members I've met were hostile to everyone, so they didn't remain surviving members for long.

I'm plotting a course to the human capitol and the last library on this island, far enough north to touch the tropics, and I want to reach it by the start of summer. Things are starting to thaw around here, but it's still not hot enough for me. I wish for warm sands before I have to cross icecap again.

Feniks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10264 on: January 16, 2016, 09:22:36 pm »

My lates adventurer killed 3 cyclops, 2 minktaurs and 2 ettins to then die during ordinary river crossing when whole water frozen as he was in it.

Stafted with new dwarven adventurer dedicated to god of death and peace. He is curently on a mission to destry any undead creature who resist grasp of his god

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10265 on: January 17, 2016, 03:38:40 pm »

Another town and another insurrection has broken all the taverns. Maybe there's really nothing I need in any of these keeps, and I should just give them a pass. Also another goblin attack, but I might have stirred this up myself by preemptively hunting down anyone who might interrupt my performance. Then again, the kobolds wandering down there probably would've become a petty annoyance to them, and chased them back to the keep.

At Skilled Musician, I can finally play an instrument. Yes. I can hold an instrument in a hand that contains nothing else, and when I play a piece that calls for it, I can play that instead of making mouth noises like a brat. But I don't think I want to carry the extra weight; singing is much more portable. And giving these to companions is just going to be a combat cluster-F. The Poet is pretty good at swinging a book, but she can't do that and shield herself and swing a divine blade.

About to brave more evil lands; there's a single human camp in an evil forest I'm curious about. I wonder how their looting is coming along, and whether they'll survive my visit.

nullBolt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10266 on: January 17, 2016, 03:41:41 pm »

minktaurs

I'm pretty certain that's not what you meant but it sounds great.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10267 on: January 17, 2016, 03:46:50 pm »

minktaurs

I'm pretty certain that's not what you meant but it sounds great.
The RAW Travesties are invading! There is no hope!
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10268 on: January 17, 2016, 07:54:23 pm »

The forest was evil, but not very savage. The toughest fight I saw was an undead pack of gray langurs, and as outnumbered as my companions were, they weren't having any problems. So I left them to practice while I practiced how quickly I could set up a sheltered carpenter shop in the rain. It's not worth it; much quicker to dig, then use that as a foundation if you decide to expand. I would've left my companions training longer if I hadn't spotted a glumprong and remembered there was one tile of good hills that may have featherwood. After checking the camp, which was doing well in loot and wasn't threatened at all by the zombie critters, I headed back over.

I couldn't find the place in the dark, so I sheltered in a keep I had previously cleared of bandits. The new companion was a Pike Goblin, the only merc in town who looked fit enough, and was actually more muscular than I. I got them both drunk before going into an overnight poetry slam to develop Speaker. They were both loving it, but during an extended riddle the Goblin suddenly started brawling the Poet, who is still weak but extremely quick. I thought I would let them duke it out, there were already teeth on the floor when I interrupted my poem, but when the Goblin charged me, I decided this unit needed more discipline. I tried to get her to yield, which she did after a kick to the chest left her winded, but the Elf was still swinging on her, and the Goblin immediately became enraged. Now I had to knock her out in order to end this, but in doing so I shattered her spinal column. They both finally cooled down after they became tired, but now that she was dead weight, I had to kick the paraplegic Goblin out of the party.

I went back and finished that poem, and continued until the sun came up, when a vengeful bandit Spearman came after me. Before I could react, the Poet blocked him once and stabbed him in the head twice and came back to listen to the rest of the poem. I asked her how she was doing: "I feel so good!"

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10269 on: January 17, 2016, 08:40:50 pm »

Made a bard in 42.05, went to check out how the new bandit behavior works, they stop chasing you at the little fourway intersection under a keep, neat!

I pushed my luck and got trapped and killed though, but I had dropped off gear which I intended to skill-up until I could wear, so I made an elf bard and went to grab it and go wrestle wolves until I wasn't slowed down by my armor.

Been jamming out making a name for myself as a bard now.

Skribbblie

• Bay Watcher
  • Dlaglunkis slugutalbis!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10270 on: January 17, 2016, 08:41:51 pm »

GET ON THE TOWER.
I'm not really sure that maiming someone and forcing them to live with a crippling disability for your amusement can really be considered "merciful." Just sayin'.
Dwarven mercy.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #10271 on: January 17, 2016, 08:42:09 pm »

Made a bard in 42.05, went to check out how the new bandit behavior works, they stop chasing you at the little fourway intersection under a keep, neat!

I pushed my luck and got trapped and killed though, but I had dropped off gear which I intended to skill-up until I could wear, so I made an elf bard and went to grab it and go wrestle wolves until I wasn't slowed down by my armor.

You can get kill quests from lords now if you are a hearth!
:D
and you seem to ALWAYS get one.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Skribbblie

• Bay Watcher
  • Dlaglunkis slugutalbis!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10272 on: January 17, 2016, 08:56:58 pm »

I think there's a pill for that...
I'm not really sure that maiming someone and forcing them to live with a crippling disability for your amusement can really be considered "merciful." Just sayin'.
Dwarven mercy.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10273 on: January 17, 2016, 09:07:41 pm »

GET ON THE TOWER.
GET TO DA TOWAH!

I think dorf towns are buggy because they don't seem to have regular hearthpeople that they give orders to for some reason.

That reminds me I should generate a world to see if dorf forts are still lagfests or not. I have them making towns/hamlets right now.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #10274 on: January 17, 2016, 09:52:08 pm »

GET ON THE TOWER.
GET TO DA TOWAH!

I think dorf towns are buggy because they don't seem to have regular hearthpeople that they give orders to for some reason.

That reminds me I should generate a world to see if dorf forts are still lagfests or not. I have them making towns/hamlets right now.
I wonder if it is possible to join the millitia by talking to the millitia captain in hillocks?
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com
Pages: 1 ... 683 684 [685] 686 687 ... 1104