Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 680 681 [682] 683 684 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2104122 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #10215 on: January 11, 2016, 04:01:14 pm »

so in a small hope of recruiting bogeymen this happens.
I got like several bogeymen turn spider people hanging out in the same spot spitting webs everywhere.
so now I'm pondering should I go do another spider fort but this time have guest turn into giant cave spiders for spider people to use and or tame.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #10216 on: January 11, 2016, 07:50:18 pm »

Me and a lot of peasants managed to kill a different zombie ogre. Many people died in the process.

Also, I have some reactions that can turn anything into anything else. Is aluminum good for anything besides being expensive? A shield, maybe?

EDIT: A maceman just shattered my foot. BUT JOKE'S ON HIM I HAVE NO FEELING IN MY LEFT FOOT

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10217 on: January 12, 2016, 04:51:12 am »

I hope someone will draw Wispy being banished, or Wispy killing everyone, or Wispy with cloud of dust around.

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10218 on: January 12, 2016, 07:06:29 am »

welp hopefully I can get 2 rattlesnake people to hook up in a dwarf fort soon.
Kinda relevant, but are adventurers even interested in relationships?
I recall seeing somewhere that the adventurers you retire to forts will be essentially uninterested in any romance or a family, but I might be mixing it up with something else.
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10219 on: January 12, 2016, 07:49:11 am »

This one goblin vampire killed 13 people during my first 2 days at the library. That's more than anything else combined. If there was a papermaker when I got here, there isn't now, so the stationary kit won't be replenished. I grabbed everything in it, wrote letters with all the scrolls and I'm saving the quires for when I feel inspired. Maybe I can pray to my goddess for a nightmare and write a new form from it. She is the goddess of nightmares, after all.

I thought about killing this vampire before leaving, but I decided to go one better and recruit him. That's a certain death sentence. If he survives, then well done, and I'll have a companion who survives. But I doubt he'll make it past the Vault, and if he does he'll be lizard-chow next full moon.

EDIT: The rodent men didn't actually kill anyone, even though they no doubt had targets already weakened by other combats. The forgotten beast killed 24, but that was over a period of years. This vampire has 13 kills on his blade, and no prior record. More baffling, he's desperately thirsty, which means he didn't feed on a single kill. What a waste.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 07:55:34 am by Uzu Bash »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10220 on: January 12, 2016, 03:45:31 pm »

I hope someone will draw Wispy being banished, or Wispy killing everyone, or Wispy with cloud of dust around.
Me too.

I found a platinum statue in some catacombs! I'm gonna turn it into a war hammer!

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10221 on: January 12, 2016, 03:46:29 pm »

Warring Angels, composed of snow, so fragile that I can dismember them with their rectangular pale metal shields. I could decapitate them with a kick to the neck. And they conveniently melt into water after death. The elites probably would have been dangerous if they hadn't chosen to specialize in mace. Clothes sized for me and the goblin -- wearable angel clothes! It's very rare to find angel clothes that fit any of the main races. They must lose a lot of mass to melting after death, because their corpses only weight ~60u. The Axemen yet again loaded two shields and zero axes, and that they're always standard quality, in contrast to everyone elses superior or better. All he has is shields and those aren't even particularly desirable.

War's Helpers, fluffy-feathered warthogs in humanoid form. These were fairly sturdy for their light weight (~80u,) not very accurate attackers but surprisingly good wrestlers. With that little mass they managed to break my holds and stun me with their charge, even managed a knock-down. That could be dangerous with one of these glass-canon angels in striking distance.

Zon's Catastrophe, a giant eyeless spider, ~12ku (about my size when in wereform), with clear yet leathery carapace. Too many legs to hobble, so it got to charge to its content. Fortunately these arthropods have their brains in the most easily hit part, and if I weren't intent on developing knife skill I probably could have ended the fight before it took of one of the gobbo's legs and disabled both arms. And he was getting so good with his shield! He followed me for awhile, failing to bleed to death, until he jumped on a thin pale metal pike. If only I had socialized with him one last time. These angels are good for an argument, but as willing as they are to join me on adventure, they remain hostile.

The slab belonged to the demon master who led the Failed Evils, killed in battle by a giant cheetah in the 3rd century. Usually they have their vaults much further away from their spires; were she alive she could've been easily banished or exploited. Hm, this human civ has tame cheetahs. Their culture is kind of a puzzling amalgam of elven, dwarven and goblin cultures, so perhaps they have discovered secrets thought exclusive to elves.

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10222 on: January 12, 2016, 04:02:25 pm »

Say... couldn't you get a reaction out of people before when you sold them butchered parts of their race? Or was that only butchered parts of people they liked? Because nowadays, I can't get people to freak out when I'm selling them meat or bones of the fellow members of their race.
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10223 on: January 12, 2016, 04:16:11 pm »

hhheeheheheheheh

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10224 on: January 12, 2016, 08:38:55 pm »

Going to sleep in a fortress is like crossing into an alternate dimension. Ooo, I'm on the roof, and the tavern is in the opposite corner, and the people are all different, and even the ones who are familiar don't know anything about me. They're probably just as confused ("Who the shit is this cat? How do I even know him?!")

Speaking of cats, I don't think the big ones will attack me. I haven't met a giant one yet, but the standard cats don't react when I walk up in their line of site and say hello. I could walk across their tile from all directions and they won't do a thing. Not even talk back.

EDIT: When I started, I scoffed at all these poetic forms about immortality; hinting at it in riddles, describing it in narratives, forms that extoll it, bemoan it, and even reject it. Now that I'm 'cursed' with agelessness, I've started to use these, but in an ironic way. I've killed enough immortals that immortality means something different to me. It just means that you live until you're dead, like everyone else.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 10:55:09 am by Uzu Bash »

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10225 on: January 13, 2016, 03:43:28 pm »

My vampire Goblin adventurer lost her foot, and now she's looking towards the lair (Kinda far away), probably to get killed inevitably.
EDIT: The thing in the lair was an ettin, argued with it a bit then crippled and mutilated the thing, was fun, however.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 04:57:10 pm by Nep Nep »
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #10226 on: January 13, 2016, 05:12:17 pm »

Going to sleep in a fortress is like crossing into an alternate dimension. Ooo, I'm on the roof, and the tavern is in the opposite corner, and the people are all different, and even the ones who are familiar don't know anything about me. They're probably just as confused ("Who the shit is this cat? How do I even know him?!")

Speaking of cats, I don't think the big ones will attack me. I haven't met a giant one yet, but the standard cats don't react when I walk up in their line of site and say hello. I could walk across their tile from all directions and they won't do a thing. Not even talk back.

EDIT: When I started, I scoffed at all these poetic forms about immortality; hinting at it in riddles, describing it in narratives, forms that extoll it, bemoan it, and even reject it. Now that I'm 'cursed' with agelessness, I've started to use these, but in an ironic way. I've killed enough immortals that immortality means something different to me. It just means that you live until you're dead, like everyone else.

the explanation for the new people is that we have world activation so the people from yesterday are likely off somewhere else.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10227 on: January 13, 2016, 05:21:15 pm »

Abandoned fortress with only ~30 dwarves, but recurring lag spikes due to the forgotten beast buffeting itself around with blasts of its own extract. I could've escaped that if I managed to one-shot him; after hitting him once I sprinted down the hall and successfully outran the blast range. But it came at me with that advantage gone, and we bounced off the walls together until I finally picked his brains. Until I could get to the cavern to bathe, I kept randomly falling unconscious and coming to stunned. I would've been fucked if that took effect while I was still fighting it.

After a full moon romp across glaciers and permafrost peat, I came to the Spire, nestled in evil tundra that snowed foul sludge along with the usual blinding snow. Just the thing to decay my brand new divine clothing. The Dark Fortress should have hosted a great library, but I didn't expect to find it, and it met my expectations. The site offloaded and regenned when I mistakenly passed it in the dark, so I had to carve my own stairway to hell.

Grey Devils and Soot Fiends, made of ash. Banshee of Snow, made of snow. Pumpkin Fiend, not made of pumpkin. It has a nasty habit of belching frozen extract, mostly disorienting itself with it. I decided not to hazard it this time, and fortunately they have such poor vision that I could converse with them while hiding outside their immediate cone of view. I preached the value of harmony, truth and fairness (not my values), and the Fiend was surprisingly acquiescent. The Ladybug Devils were a challenge I could handle; massive six-legged moderately quick chargers with hard carapaces. Fighting two at once gave my Dodge a good workout.

While plotting a future course I couldn't help notice that my current location had become a ruin. Shit, all I did was go to hell! "Nice job breaking it, hero." Actually it wasn't my fault; a vampire killed all the goblins who freaked out at my presence including, I was surprised to learn, the administrator.  The vampire vanished without a trace; the only footprints were of the victim's. The master is nowhere to be found, either (could they be the same goblin?) No one was left except an elvish poet, which is two kinds of rare breed in these parts. She seemed to be the only surviving member of the troupe that created most of my performance forms. I asked her to dance and join me in braving this disgusting weather until I can reach the river beyond, with the hope that it has thawed.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10228 on: January 13, 2016, 05:42:40 pm »

I'm currently conquering a vault. This time I'm not a vampire, so a single blow will almost certainly kill me. And if I fall off anything, I'm dead. High stakes for some nice materials, though I am going to walk out of here with a full set of heavy cloth clothes, a set of rusted metal armor, and a new sword and shield. All masterwork, of course.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #10229 on: January 13, 2016, 06:00:03 pm »

the explanation for the new people is that we have world activation so the people from yesterday are likely off somewhere else.
No, Uzu Bash is reffering to a bug where fortresses literally restructure magic-labyrinth style every time the site is reloaded. It's why noone likes worldgen fortresses much(on top of them being difficult to navigate, and not having much interesting happening in them). With Elves there's not much going on either, but at the least you can jump off the tree.

I discovered that some of the new temples are pretty metal. Most of them are just spirally structures upward around a water basin, but I've found one where the basin was filled with magma. When I started stonesense to take a picture, I also saw that there was a lady in an inaccesible sewer room, so maybe the site was a tad bit bugged.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!
Pages: 1 ... 680 681 [682] 683 684 ... 1104