Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 678 679 [680] 681 682 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2104119 times)

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #10185 on: January 09, 2016, 02:40:31 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I now plague this thread with incidental music.
I haven't genned a world with bogeymen in three years. If it's gotten this easy to deal with them it might be time to change that.

I encountered a weird bug with DFtool and/or dfhack wherein using Dftool's teleport function in adventure mode bodyswaps you to a nearby unit. I found this out while trying to speed up a dark fortress raid. Tried to teleport to the spire's front door to get around the lag and instead found myself in control of one of the prisoners below. Trying to teleport back put me in control of a different prisoner, my original adventurer is as good as lost.
Rather than get upset, I'm going to roll with it. Breaking into a dark fortress is easy, Breaking out is a new kind of Fun.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10186 on: January 09, 2016, 02:56:32 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I now plague this thread with incidental music.
I haven't genned a world with bogeymen in three years.

I think you mean BOOGIE men, amirite?

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10187 on: January 09, 2016, 05:57:46 pm »

The days are longer when you're a werecreature. I'd wiped out all 21 of the local peasants and had time to run across 6 ocean tiles to kill a colossus and got back around sunrise. Then I ran 8  region tiles to another city to slaughter all their werecritters and almost made it back before noon. And I do mean I ran, not fast-traveled, there's no way I would've made it in that time. And I was sneaking and crutchwalking the whole way, so I wasn't even moving full rate.

Werelizards have a good bundle of perks. Lower toughness but they have protective scales, a good climb rate, a great crawl rate so you can skitter stealthily, and 4 scratch attacks per turn to increase Striking faster. It surprised me when two werelizards who I already knew were non-hostile to me, to the point of joining a song. The ones I didn't know were still hostile and non-communicative, as were other weretypes who knew me.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #10188 on: January 09, 2016, 09:08:37 pm »

Max how do you make macros

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10189 on: January 09, 2016, 09:14:49 pm »

I make Macross by putting two little aircraft carriers on my arms and finding tiny japanese pop singers to live and sing and dance inside me.

I make macros by hitting whatever the shortcut is (I think I changed it to ctrl+r but that might actually be default?) then I enter the keys I want recorded and hit it again to stop recording, then I hit ctrl+z to save it, which also might be the default keys.

Then I hit alt+y to load it (definitely not default) and shift+alt+f to play it (again, not default) but if it's to spam asking about beasts go check out the dfhack quest gather script 1337G4mer wrote because it is fucking amazing.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10190 on: January 09, 2016, 09:24:08 pm »

I make Macross by putting two little aircraft carriers on my arms and finding tiny japanese pop singers to live and sing and dance inside me.

You need jets that transform, too.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10191 on: January 09, 2016, 10:17:30 pm »

That's a given, everyone needs jets that transform.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10192 on: January 09, 2016, 11:52:39 pm »

Another keep with goblins flowing out of the basement. At least this time they're named, so I only have to kill them once. Or so I think, but I have no intention of returning there again to find out. I wasn't even going to stay a whole day here, but now that the gobbos wiped out my whole party, I'll need at least one person for the road. It's a straight shot to the nearest fortress, and from there ~1/2 day run to the first Vault.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10193 on: January 10, 2016, 12:01:03 pm »

I make macros by hitting whatever the shortcut is (I think I changed it to ctrl+r but that might actually be default?) then I enter the keys I want recorded and hit it again to stop recording, then I hit ctrl+z to save it, which also might be the default keys.

Then I hit alt+y to load it (definitely not default) and shift+alt+f to play it (again, not default) but if it's to spam asking about beasts go check out the dfhack quest gather script 1337G4mer wrote because it is fucking amazing.
Thanks.

I'm done with this adventurer. I'm going back to the capitol.

I'm making my last performance in a tavern. Wispy joins in. She's very good, too bad we never found her a tapstren.

I banish her afterwards. So she doesn't get into any trouble when I'm gone.

And I settle back, and prepare to play another song.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #10194 on: January 10, 2016, 12:54:30 pm »

This kinda makes me sad...don't like seeing lovers separated ;_;

Wispy best DF waifu.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10195 on: January 10, 2016, 12:58:20 pm »

I'll certainly remember her. No other enslaved demon master will ever live up to her.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10196 on: January 10, 2016, 01:21:11 pm »

Thanks.

I'm done with this adventurer. I'm going back to the capitol.

I'm making my last performance in a tavern. Wispy joins in. She's very good, too bad we never found her a tapstren.

And I settle back, and prepare to play another song.

you killed her.
you could have told her to wait in a fort site and retired in a castle/fortsite, and she totally will wait there until you need her again.
but instead you killed her.
banishing in dwarf fortress is basically the cackling kill switch on units so you bogeyman killed your demon wife,
now your adventurer is going to be alone in his/her older years and die alone.

god these stories really makes it hard for me to DO the slab demon quest. Robisoe pulled off great feats to save that demon, and the ending for Zotho is too sad.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 01:32:49 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10197 on: January 10, 2016, 01:35:07 pm »

That reminds me, need to gm-edit myself an orientation before I retire. I wish I could become a lord consort before then. They have such an easy job, hanging out in taverns all day.  And I'd rather not let the asshat AI pick my family while I'm retired.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10198 on: January 10, 2016, 02:18:08 pm »

oh I figured out what killed cacame the elephantman who died in thob the snakelady's room
also what the fort did to his body afterwards

welp hopefully I can get 2 rattlesnake people to hook up in a dwarf fort soon.
edit: okay now I'm starting to ponder recruiting Bird men to attack Birds  so I can start collecting bones and meat for future meat eating only adventurers.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 03:14:34 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10199 on: January 10, 2016, 03:16:10 pm »

"Hey Urist... big dead elephant guy in this room over here, what should we do with it?"
'Stick it on a spear, Reg!'
Pages: 1 ... 678 679 [680] 681 682 ... 1104