Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 676 677 [678] 679 680 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2104187 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #10155 on: January 07, 2016, 05:04:15 pm »

so poking around with animal people raws I notice something neat about them
the Copy from raw token can be altered post world gen.
and allow you to say swap from say Fluffywambler to a phantom spider body type.
the downside from this is the game will crash if you try to look at your character's detail if you shift from the original copy raw to the next.
but you have to have the animal person raw in the same file as the other creatures raws so you can't just separate the raw into it's own.
I guess due to Descriptor is broken from copying from one creature raws but not able to get the same descriptors from the other.
now I wonder if holding 6 things can I switch back and the not-fluffywambler-man will continue holding those weapons in hand or just have them be set to haul/or dropped?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
going to see if it's possible to set different attacks to different Skills like Writing, poetry, and dancing but I really don't have the correct skill names for those.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

connick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10156 on: January 07, 2016, 06:03:12 pm »

Found a dark tower and as soon as I arrived three dozen zombies poured out of the front gate. I soon realized these were the kind of zombies that can sprint faster than Usain Bolt. I thought "I'm a brown recluse spider man. I have six arms, wield four shields, a boning knife and a slicing knife. I'm a legendary fighter with a venomous bite. If I can't outrun them I'll have to stand my ground." Turns out they were also armored zombies and armed with knives of their own. I tried in futility to slash their heads from their bodies as my shield arms deflected hundreds and hundreds of blows but my body was pressed to the ground by the clamoring zombies. After a couple of hours my stamina gave out and one by one I dropped my shields due to exhaustion. In the end they beat me to a messy pile of chitin and brown recluse spider man ichor. I had FUN! The silver lining of all of this is that when I went to finish the game it froze and thereby kicked my save back to a week before - long before I went anywhere near that damned dark tower. I'm going to just pretend it was a dream and continue the adventures of Kumil Shadycrafts, slayer of Snuko Vigorlearn the Esteemed Periwinkle the ettin.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10157 on: January 07, 2016, 07:04:15 pm »

Good 42.0x post, also these zombies also can have crossbows so if they can't catch you you might end up a bolt in the leg and then beaten to death.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10158 on: January 07, 2016, 07:19:01 pm »

Found a dark tower and as soon as I arrived three dozen zombies poured out of the front gate. I soon realized these were the kind of zombies that can sprint faster than Usain Bolt. I thought "I'm a brown recluse spider man. I have six arms, wield four shields, a boning knife and a slicing knife. I'm a legendary fighter with a venomous bite. If I can't outrun them I'll have to stand my ground." Turns out they were also armored zombies and armed with knives of their own. I tried in futility to slash their heads from their bodies as my shield arms deflected hundreds and hundreds of blows but my body was pressed to the ground by the clamoring zombies. After a couple of hours my stamina gave out and one by one I dropped my shields due to exhaustion. In the end they beat me to a messy pile of chitin and brown recluse spider man ichor. I had FUN! The silver lining of all of this is that when I went to finish the game it froze and thereby kicked my save back to a week before - long before I went anywhere near that damned dark tower. I'm going to just pretend it was a dream and continue the adventures of Kumil Shadycrafts, slayer of Snuko Vigorlearn the Esteemed Periwinkle the ettin.
Spider men are smaller then dwarves, necromancer towers contain hundreds of these overpowered monsters called zombies, in other words, spider men are kinda garbage (barring NOFEAR) while zombies are absolutely insane
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10159 on: January 07, 2016, 07:38:42 pm »

Spider men are smaller then dwarves, necromancer towers contain hundreds of these overpowered monsters called zombies, in other words, spider men are kinda garbage (barring NOFEAR) while zombies are absolutely insane
you have one thing that would save you... bogeymen back up.
just wait out for the night and call in an army of even smaller critters to help you fight the incoming zombie horde. if you pull this off you could thin the horde of zombies to your favor... or watch a bunch of undead pummel 5 near legendary bogiemen to death while you hope you got them all out so when you do a mad dash to the book.
I haven't tested out climbing the tower to see if zombies could reach you there or the chance to say kick zombies off the tower and have them deal with fall damage.
either way Zombies being OP is kinda a double edge sword because getting Necromancy gonna feel like a huge let down when you end up with zombies dying to a single cat tame cat when you wander into town. leading to "dang it I lost my entire army to peasants because I just wanted to sit in a bar." threads
hmm If I get inspired enough I could make a spider-people Bogiemancy mod where you can target bogeymen and bound them to your will or summon them out of the cackling. but on the other hand I could just mod brown recluse spiders with Greeting webbing again and deal with Web-pocalypse 2.0 this time it filled with Fear opposing inch men.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10160 on: January 07, 2016, 08:10:17 pm »

I thought I had imagined this before, but it looks like criminal and bandit groups will vanish after the leader is dead. The members will still be there, but they'll have no membership, no allegiance. But this also extends post-mortem. If you kill a raider, regardless of circumstances, then well done to you, hero. But if you struck first against a raider who ambushed you, or executed one who yielded, then after their leader is slain you become a murderer.

EDIT: I wasn't going to kill this guy. Well, actually I was if he didn't pay me tribute, and I hoped he wouldn't. But as soon as I grabbed his shoulder, he yielded. So I asked again, and he immediately agreed. I expected a bandit covered in that much masterwork to be a little tougher. Anyway, I traded him a few masterwork trinkets for his masterwork bow, and bid him farewell.

I didn't notice until I was in the next room that my companions had stayed behind to work him over. I got back in time to see the maceman put a scourge straight through his brain. So I took a few more masterworks, but it didn't feel honorable to take back what I had rightfully traded to him. That clutter was slowing me down anyway.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 08:20:40 pm by Uzu Bash »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #10161 on: January 07, 2016, 08:46:46 pm »

I'm now a master of the hammer and now I'm working on the lash. I got one from the vault that's pretty much worthless, so it's good for training. I'm also working on crutch walking, since I'm a cripple now.

I got my demon lady an iron two-handed sword and now she wrecks shit. Her favorite thing is spraying dust all over the place while she fights, slamming people into walls, floors, and ceilings. I don't know if the dust does anything, but I'm covered in it 24/7 since this is the north and there's no rain or rivers or what have you. I should take a bath in a cavern lake.

Wispycloak isn't undead like I am, so when we visited a dwarven tower, the zombies came out and attacked her. I can move at a maximum of 0.5 speed since I haven't gotten good at crutch walking yet, but I helped where I could. Her primary method of combat is throwing everyone into the air with her dust and slamming them into the ground while being a whirlwind of blades and claws. The slamming took care of the skeletons, the blade and claws and I took care of everything else. I drained two of the necromancers and used the rest to train my lash. I left the demon slab in the tower and moved on.

Having made it to dwarven lands, I finally got some sweet, sweet booze! I was all the way down to distracted after what was probably a month of enforced sobriety. I have to leave Wispycloak outside when I visit fortresses and such, since she kills everyone otherwise.

Speaking of Wispycloak, here's her description:

I'm going to take 'bloated' + 'skinny' to be 'shapely' because I'm a sick bastard. But I'm not kidding when I say she's a whirlwind with that sword. We went to a dwarven fortress with a hydra in it, where the hydra was hiding behind a door. I opened the door, ran like hell, and watched as Wispycloak charged the hydra. After a few turns, I peeked in the door and the hydra came flying in on a cloud of dust, missing a head and a foot.

It bled to death soon after. And that's just with an iron two-handed sword. Imagine what she could do with an adamantine one!

And now we're going to go kill a forgotten beast in the next fortress over!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10162 on: January 07, 2016, 09:55:04 pm »

I'm going to take 'bloated' + 'skinny' to be 'shapely' because I'm a sick bastard.

Well that puts hilarious mental images in ones head. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Blue_J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10163 on: January 07, 2016, 10:25:05 pm »

I just encountered a sworddwarf in the human town of Gorgeponder. A sworddwarf that belongs to an elven civilization, and is carrying a wooden sword.

My legendary human adventurer has been increasingly horrified at the extent to which a local elven civilization has conquered the surrounding region. He's found a large number of hamlets and dark pits abandoned or occupied by bandits, and more half-abandoned hamlets populated by elven puppet governments, but the scene he found at Gorgeponder was the thing that may finally make him abandon his wandering storyteller gig and get involved in politics. In Gorgeponder,  when he stopped to visit the local ruler, he found an elven administrator, and an army of literally hundreds of elves occupying the city. None of the taverns in this once great city have any booze whatsoever, which was bad enough by itself. When he saw that poor sworddwarf in the tavern, though, listlessly staring at his wooden sword with dead eyes, standing ready to defend with his life the tree dwellers that had twisted him into something so pathetic...it was then that Gustem Coastalstances knew that had to get involved, somehow, and that his body count was about to rise considerably.

In other news, despite having played adventure mode on and off for five years, this character is the first one who gave in and became a vampire. It's pretty great. So far he's been able to adhere to his moral code and not feed on any sentients, but I'm assuming that he'll cave eventually. The centuries are long, and temptation gets you in the end. For now, though, he's actually been living more in harmony with nature than he ever did when he had to eat food. Now, he'll usually go out in the wilds where no-one can see him, and chase down a large animal like a camel or elephant. As a legendary striker who had superhuman strength before he underwent the change, he's able to knock out a large animal with a couple blows to the head without any other damage. Once it's unconscious, he'll feed and slink off into the night, leaving the critter a little dizzy and with a splitting headache, but otherwise none the worse for wear.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10164 on: January 07, 2016, 11:04:16 pm »

This next city I visited had two spouses of the twilight brute. Both with elven names, so they couldn't have been from anywhere around here. I looked up their populations and saw that there were brute spouses in major human cities all over the world. The twilight brutes, all 220 of them, lived cramped around an elven civilization on a landmass so narrow that it only had room for one civilization. And every single lair surrounding them had at least one and up to 34 brutes in one lair, except for one Cyclops on the fringe of this little peninsula.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10165 on: January 07, 2016, 11:13:58 pm »

Blast and damn, I was able to make necrodancers a thing, but I can't figure out what I did to make the zombies talk/dance/etc, was that one of the changes people were complaining about that I skimmed over earlier in the 42.xx bustle?

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10166 on: January 08, 2016, 02:08:40 am »

I just encountered a sworddwarf in the human town of Gorgeponder. A sworddwarf that belongs to an elven civilization, and is carrying a wooden sword.

My legendary human adventurer has been increasingly horrified at the extent to which a local elven civilization has conquered the surrounding region. He's found a large number of hamlets and dark pits abandoned or occupied by bandits, and more half-abandoned hamlets populated by elven puppet governments, but the scene he found at Gorgeponder was the thing that may finally make him abandon his wandering storyteller gig and get involved in politics. In Gorgeponder,  when he stopped to visit the local ruler, he found an elven administrator, and an army of literally hundreds of elves occupying the city. None of the taverns in this once great city have any booze whatsoever, which was bad enough by itself. When he saw that poor sworddwarf in the tavern, though, listlessly staring at his wooden sword with dead eyes, standing ready to defend with his life the tree dwellers that had twisted him into something so pathetic...it was then that Gustem Coastalstances knew that had to get involved, somehow, and that his body count was about to rise considerably.

In other news, despite having played adventure mode on and off for five years, this character is the first one who gave in and became a vampire. It's pretty great. So far he's been able to adhere to his moral code and not feed on any sentients, but I'm assuming that he'll cave eventually. The centuries are long, and temptation gets you in the end. For now, though, he's actually been living more in harmony with nature than he ever did when he had to eat food. Now, he'll usually go out in the wilds where no-one can see him, and chase down a large animal like a camel or elephant. As a legendary striker who had superhuman strength before he underwent the change, he's able to knock out a large animal with a couple blows to the head without any other damage. Once it's unconscious, he'll feed and slink off into the night, leaving the critter a little dizzy and with a splitting headache, but otherwise none the worse for wear.
Are elves better warriors in the current version? I've had at least two worlds in which they've conquered goblin civs.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10167 on: January 08, 2016, 03:41:09 am »

In worldgen, the attackers almost always win. So if mice had a civilization, and got an aggressive leader, they could take over the world.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #10168 on: January 08, 2016, 05:32:18 am »

I'm going to take 'bloated' + 'skinny' to be 'shapely' because I'm a sick bastard.

So is that like a humanoid lizard succubus?

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10169 on: January 08, 2016, 06:31:14 am »

Whose special ability is to explode.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com
Pages: 1 ... 676 677 [678] 679 680 ... 1104