Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 672 673 [674] 675 676 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2104336 times)

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #10095 on: January 03, 2016, 12:40:06 pm »

"The Fated Funeral is a solemn poetic form intended to amuse the audience concerning death." I'm getting mixed signals from this.

But I can work with grave humor:
"The Sun Sets on Axes [...] has no particular subject. The writing is a comedy treasure trove and it artfully indulges the author's fancies. Overall, the poetry is great."

Black humor with sexual innuendo? For extra irony I should compose a ribald work with 'a very serious tone'.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10096 on: January 03, 2016, 12:41:15 pm »

This thing is still generating. With 7500 years to go.

I'm unsure whether I should stop it and hope somebody's still alive, or leave it for the keks.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10097 on: January 03, 2016, 12:48:17 pm »

I'm unsure whether I should stop it and hope somebody's still alive, or leave it for the keks.
You should see a tally of total historical figures and dead historical figures. In this version, new characters will be generated to populate settlements, so you won't get an empty world. Also, new historical figures will be created from recovery expeditions after sites have been destroyed.

I'd be surprised if generation didn't crash before another 7500 years.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10098 on: January 03, 2016, 12:50:53 pm »

Not sure why I didn't check survivors. ~10,000 histfigs still exist, though I imagine quite a few are notable zombies, what with the ~16 necrotowers.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10099 on: January 03, 2016, 01:33:41 pm »

I notice necrotowers pop up alot around goblin sites... must be the demon teaches bit.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #10100 on: January 03, 2016, 01:37:30 pm »

Nah, I think it's more because goblin wars kill a lot of people, so there's where the necromancers go to get their zombies. I've never seen a demon teach someone necromancy.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #10101 on: January 03, 2016, 01:42:33 pm »

Okay something weird - I went to a tower and there were no necromancers there (or rather biomancers, mods), only zombies. I did find the mangled corpse of a random goblin on the topmost floor of the tower - as I found out in legends he was a regular, mundane, plain, generic, goblin. No active interactions or whatever - he just happened to settle in the tower and got dead when I came in. Still, it disappointed me - literally no books, no slab, nothing.

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #10102 on: January 03, 2016, 02:19:40 pm »

Welp, looks like web-shooting titans can indeed fire their webs straight upwards, as my now dead firefly man can attest. I also found out that you can actually gain a need for alcohol if you drink too much of the stuff. Wonder if going cold turkey does anything to remove that..

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10103 on: January 03, 2016, 02:58:27 pm »

No, it's if you get emotionally scarred, by say killing a lot of sentient creatures.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10104 on: January 03, 2016, 03:12:14 pm »

Progress is being made. Veeery slowly. It's super neat to watch, though.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10105 on: January 03, 2016, 03:32:08 pm »

No, it's if you get emotionally scarred, by say killing a lot of sentient creatures.
I think it might be both.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10106 on: January 03, 2016, 04:16:14 pm »

A Goblin Dancer I spoke with in the keep told me about her abducted son. I had the dialog option to bring her to rescue him, but it was far in the opposite direction from my planned itinerary. Plus, she wouldn't give me any dances, so screw her. I don't have to be altruistic with this character, I've already experienced how thankless it is in this world.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10107 on: January 03, 2016, 04:24:14 pm »

I'm down to four companions out of six and now I'm going to fight a lair full of 11 night trolls. Oh boy.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10108 on: January 03, 2016, 05:15:26 pm »

FUck, this game is already fucked by a unit corruption. I haven't used a single hack or tool, haven't modified anything but the graphics and tiles. I can't even figure out which unit it is, but any I delete is going to cause a nemesis load error later unless I delete the world entry with dfhack. Can I get a fucking game on, goddamit?

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10109 on: January 03, 2016, 06:13:12 pm »

I was forced by the threat of overheating to stop worldgen at year 3010, but things look pretty neat anyway.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 672 673 [674] 675 676 ... 1104