Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 666 667 [668] 669 670 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2104486 times)

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #10005 on: December 31, 2015, 04:40:46 pm »

so snake lady Thob Imagearches has made 2 friends in the fort, one who kinda didn't think of her as a friend and one that does.
she has a room all to her self and currently getting drunk on maize liquor.
I have 2 goals for thob if she completes it, one is get married, bonus objective of having some horrible half dwarf half snake offspring.
two if one doesn't work crop a separate save to see if ghost adventurers exist if you retire a fort if an adventurer isn't buried.
One doesn't work.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #10006 on: December 31, 2015, 04:56:32 pm »

I'll see ya in hell, Rummydearest.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Fixed your images. Also, what causes 'died in a cage' besides being drunk? Any time a cage is destroyed? Usually that frees the creature. Maybe when you drop cages onto the SMR?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #10007 on: December 31, 2015, 05:05:32 pm »

God damn, that's pretty hardcore.

Also, wow, the Bible knew it's shit. Decided to do the David approach and spec into thrower and dodger.

Easy win, killed all of the vrykul (the majority of whom had titles) by throwing coins and bolts at them then strangling them.

What really weirded me out is that, aside from the absolutely massive amount of bodies on the first two floors of the keep, there were a bunch in the dungeon as well - not just right near the stairs, but also in a place where you'd normally expect the criminal leader to be, atleast in the previous version - I found the chieftess later after she decided to come up for whatever reason, killed her with a hammer in two swift clouts. The dungeon connected to the nearby temple as well, where there were yet more dead bodies.

That confirmed for me that they killed LITERALLY everyone of note. Murloc, orc, dwarf and two-human mercenaries, original human inhabitants, poets of various races. All dead. Hope the janitor is being paid overtime.

The David of this story, Anlar Groupcrux the Squeezing Plain Brew of Ferrying, I've decided had seen enough carnage for a lifetime.
So off the tree he leapt.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10008 on: December 31, 2015, 05:14:08 pm »

After losing the third hearthguy, I decided to try another meadhall. Made my introduction, told my stories. Hm, that guy's flashing. Human nail crown. Fat and graying. Tough call, but I think I have my vampire. I won't know for sure until I meet a mummy.

I didn't find a mummy. The next tomb turned out to be the last one, and still no mummy. My companion avoided every single other trap so gracefully that I had to compliment him. After checking the last bag, I turned to leave, and my suspected vampire companion's head exploded from the impact of a spinning axe trap. So the mystery dies with him.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10009 on: December 31, 2015, 05:19:15 pm »

Clearly you need to get and drink his blood.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10010 on: December 31, 2015, 05:21:06 pm »

Fixed your images. Also, what causes 'died in a cage' besides being drunk? Any time a cage is destroyed? Usually that frees the creature. Maybe when you drop cages onto the SMR?
The images worked on my end, and yeah, I haven't seen much died in a cage message besides being drunk. I guess since the container is being destroyed by the unholy maw which is a dorf gullet that it just includes the caged unit as a write-off.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10011 on: December 31, 2015, 05:21:49 pm »

Clearly you need to get and drink his blood.
I guess I could have kept it in a spare waterskin just in case, but didn't think about it. Not everyone is obsessed with living forever.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #10012 on: December 31, 2015, 05:34:00 pm »

Man, that town is so screwed. Made a bard and noticed duplicates of the same person.

Talk to said dude in the keep...then in the tavern. Somehow there's two of him.

This must be the DF equivalent of Glitch City.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10013 on: December 31, 2015, 05:36:58 pm »

My last character's composition was consistently compassionate and/or forceful. This character runs the extreme from very serious to comedy goldmine.
This must be the DF equivalent of Glitch City.
It's temporary. Ignore him and he'll go away.

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #10014 on: December 31, 2015, 05:52:44 pm »

so uhh remember that cat stunt I did a few hours ago I jump into fort mode to check on the legendary woodcraftdwarf who drank the cats relationship and found this.
yup I love this game.

What am I supposed to be looking at here? I really don't understand...

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #10015 on: December 31, 2015, 06:05:02 pm »

It's temporary. Ignore him and he'll go away.

They were still there - this wasn't the companion glitch where you have two copies of the same person on the same tile. It was like two people in two different places.

Anyway, I had enough of this place; went on a rampage, got some unrelated dwarf to join my insurrection to finally stop the legends spam. Causing loyalty cascades is pretty fun, since everyone just starts brawling.

The dead now litter the streets.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10016 on: December 31, 2015, 06:50:22 pm »

so uhh remember that cat stunt I did a few hours ago I jump into fort mode to check on the legendary woodcraftdwarf who drank the cats relationship and found this.
yup I love this game.

What am I supposed to be looking at here? I really don't understand...
probably should have link the post I did where I fed a cat to said woodcrafter dwarf because the name I'm highlighted was the name of my adventurer. 
so uhh I moved in a barn scorpion man who was a part  of the same civ but not the same group to the fort that has the snake lady and that character is fort playable.
hmm I wonder if toady fix the whole retire bit or I'm getting some false positives.
going to see if I can move some elephant men over and create a militia of War elephantmen and women.
oh one more thing about the whole duplicate people bit you could end up having the game remove those companions.
so far retiring and unretiring the site seem to benefit than hurt.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10017 on: December 31, 2015, 07:44:02 pm »

It seems like this should feel wrong, but with the writhing tendril grass and sludge raining from the sky it might be construed as a weird sort of mercy?

Wanted to have the princess inherit the position of queen by drinking the old one, but caging the old one bumps the princess up a notch right away, and they were too far apart to haul her over there without risking a crash.

Forest retreats tend to be kinda buggy and crashy in my experience as is, not super bad, but I just kinda expect it now and then.

A forest retreat draped across the foothills of a super evil mountain range? Yeah, a little too much going on for it to be well behaved.

Still, fed two queens and an acolyte to Etar, not sure who the next one is so she'll live unless I bump into her as we leave.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10018 on: December 31, 2015, 08:29:30 pm »

It seems like this should feel wrong, but with the writhing tendril grass and sludge raining from the sky it might be construed as a weird sort of mercy?

See? I told you elves are delicious.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Shalderave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10019 on: December 31, 2015, 08:32:19 pm »

Hope the janitor is being paid overtime.

I now want to play Viscera Cleanup Detail: Dworf Fortress Edition
When the adventurer is told there is no more need for them, when there are no more targets to kill, why do they act surprised when our "hero" turns towards them and says "No"?
Pages: 1 ... 666 667 [668] 669 670 ... 1104