Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 654 655 [656] 657 658 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2104698 times)

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #9825 on: December 26, 2015, 10:45:46 pm »

I have one musical form that I just bomb at every time. It's an improvisational form that requires an agitated speaker over fast paced and dissonant music. My speaking and singing are fine, never have any critical review of either of those, except in this form. I tried performing it as one of the instruments and actually got better response, but the current speaker was panned. Perhaps the real purpose of this form is to mercilessly heckle the speaker.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9826 on: December 26, 2015, 10:47:35 pm »

Remember when I mentioned bumping into 4 weaponlord bandits in a hamlet?

Yeah... I was running around barechested, barefoot, barehanded, beating up bandits as a bearded badass elf.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I had a set of steel armor from a tomb in my backpack, and I was all buffed up too... I still put the armor on when I realized there were 60 weaponlords hanging around robbing people.

...sadly on further inspection they all had crap wooden weapons from the crapelves (I belong to a dwarven civ, like a proper elf should) so it was a real letdown compared to the chaos I was expecting... still scared the crap out of me.

Edit: been talking with the 3 year old girl standing by the well playing pretend the whole time, convincing her the value of power and glory of war. She wasn't sure at first but now she is.

Also been lingering here since the blood will go away if I leave, waiting for the bandits to come check for more people to rob, then lining up so they paint an uncovered section as they fly.

There's still a dozen or so hanging around further out I think.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 11:16:48 pm by Max™ »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9827 on: December 26, 2015, 11:24:43 pm »

elephant men I didn't even dip into striking as much.
All the kobolds were facing to the left so it kinda allowed me to chain one punch them.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9828 on: December 27, 2015, 12:15:19 am »

We can become fox people now. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

SlothPajamas

• Bay Watcher
  • Hear eloquence : Strong Need
    • View Profile
« Reply #9829 on: December 27, 2015, 12:56:13 am »

Trying adventure mode out in the newest version, no moose men in the world i'm using apparently, so it's time to see how effective beetle men are. So begins the possibly bewildering story of "Randy Savage" Clapjoked, the beetle man wrassler!
Lurking since 2013, i think.
Likes axolotls for their resemblance to a shining sun.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9830 on: December 27, 2015, 01:07:42 am »

Booonesaw is reeaaady.! o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9831 on: December 27, 2015, 01:25:14 am »

All the kobolds were facing to the left so it kinda allowed me to chain one punch them.

How far did they fly?

Most of the dead bodies in the image I posted with the street of blood were punched from where I'm standing or right around there (depending on how I had to line them up to properly paint the spots that hadn't yet been covered in blood) though I did start trying to aim them at buildings when I lost the ability to get some of them in the same shot when they flew way off to the top left.
King Shatterfist is not a gentle friend of trees or bandits.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 01:29:26 am by Max™ »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9832 on: December 27, 2015, 01:48:22 am »

How far did they fly?

Most of the dead bodies in the image I posted with the street of blood were punched from where I'm standing or right around there (depending on how I had to line them up to properly paint the spots that hadn't yet been covered in blood) though I did start trying to aim them at buildings when I lost the ability to get some of them in the same shot when they flew way off to the top left.
King Shatterfist is not a gentle friend of trees or bandits.
1 to 3 tiles at most.
so far the elephant lady is now ruling over a ruined hamlet carrying most of the bags and chests of the kobold camp.
"body swapping and YOU!"

SlothPajamas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9833 on: December 27, 2015, 02:04:54 am »

I never knew what the uses of wild attacks were, but it turns out they are really powerful when used on a defenseless enemy, like an unconscious mook, or in this case a turtle that's gone into it's shell. Randy Savage beetle was able to take down seven giant tortoise with his bare hands by chipping away at them using wild punches and kicks until their shells literally flew off their backs.

It's time for the !!Macho Madness!!

(Unfortunately it seems Randy does have a weakness though, in that he can't swim despite being adequate at it. And for whatever reason i don't think animal people can gain swimming skill?)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 02:16:16 am by SlothPajamas »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9834 on: December 27, 2015, 02:14:01 am »

(Unfortunately it seems Randy does have a weakness though, in that he can't swim despite being adequate at it. And for whatever reason i don't think animal people can gain swimming skill?)

Insect-based animal people in general tend to be unable to swim. Spiracles are Fun.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

SlothPajamas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9835 on: December 27, 2015, 04:27:14 am »

I was able to defeat some bowbolds through the use of the one true ranged weapon hard counter : jumping repeatedly towards the shooter. This removed their only advantage as Macho Beetle trampled right over them with his supreme leaping attacks.

After his fight with a bunch of sweaty kobolds, Randy went to the town well and recited some poetry. Unfortunately after having his guts torn by a swordsbold he was retching after every word.

As of this time Randy has defeated some bandits in a fairly unspectacular manner, and recruited a rather apathetic human wrestler from said bandits. Welcome to the team, Hulk Hogan. And with that i'll just retire this tale for the moment as iv'e probably been posting too much tonight.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9836 on: December 27, 2015, 05:33:36 am »

oh yeah was bears playable before because you can totally be grizzly?
"body swapping and YOU!"

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9837 on: December 27, 2015, 05:45:32 am »

Some of the new animal people are completely overpowered. Just killed a titan with my bare hands playing as a rhinoceros man. He is able to send dwarves flying with its punches and to one hit kill with punches to the head. And I didn't even try to gore with its horns yet.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9838 on: December 27, 2015, 06:47:59 am »

oh shoot you could totally be Bebop and rocksteady now.
okay I wonder if hippo people can bite folks to death.
"body swapping and YOU!"

olopi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9839 on: December 27, 2015, 10:01:33 am »

So I'm playing an Elephant Seal Man Wrestler
My first encounter was a vampire, I quickly wrestled him downb and started throwing and punching him until he died, and became a vampire myself.
Pretty much right after that i ran into an Eyelss Freak, who managed to destroy my lungs (jokes on you!), and destroy my middle spine. So no standing or grasping.
However, since I'm a vampire I can always scramble, giving me a base speed of about 1600 anyways. Now, even though the only thing I can do is bite, I'm essentially invunerable (atelast to everything i've faced so far, bad luck with finding actual beasts). 12 Humans ambush me? Quickly bite all of them. Trolls have satrted just running away if they see me.
At some point i got bored and found a 12 z Level waterfall. Nope, still kicking it just fine.
So I just went off to explore the world and saw a bunch of encounter markers in the ocean. As it turns out:

This can happen. I tried talking with a bunch of them and they immediately drowned (as expected).
Dwarves use their beards to influence the adamantite to change form. A dwarves beard is specialized in his job, therefore a legendary miner has a much better mining beard then a legendary weaponsmith, who has a beard that influences metals to make armor much more.
This also explains why dwarves can have a city on just a soap pillar, the beard of the soapmaking dwarf causes the soap to become rigid.
Pages: 1 ... 654 655 [656] 657 658 ... 1104