Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 646 647 [648] 649 650 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2104886 times)

Shalderave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #9705 on: December 22, 2015, 03:34:04 pm »

Oh man, this grab-n'-jump stuff is great, it's like a flying knee from a fighting game or something. I just saved my hammerman from getting his head ripped apart by a zombie by kneeing it in the face and sending it flying so hard it lost its foot.

I really wish zombies died faster though, like geeze.

EDIT: HAH! I say that, and the first strike I get after kneeing the zombie again is a head strike while it's prone, dead instantly. Thank you +silver flail+
When the adventurer is told there is no more need for them, when there are no more targets to kill, why do they act surprised when our "hero" turns towards them and says "No"?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9706 on: December 22, 2015, 03:45:57 pm »

That said I'm kinda glad toady made a race of creatures immune to bogeymen because now if someone has trouble with them I just point to a spider and say go play that and have FUN.

So what's the essential tag, NOFEAR? Makes sense I guess. owo
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9707 on: December 22, 2015, 05:02:28 pm »

That said I'm kinda glad toady made a race of creatures immune to bogeymen because now if someone has trouble with them I just point to a spider and say go play that and have FUN.

So what's the essential tag, NOFEAR? Makes sense I guess. owo
yeah their like zombies but with fear than if you're living.
not having it just makes them ignore you.
That said attacking them gives them more than enough reason to attack you.
just that NOFEAR will just make them give up and walk off, to their doom.
I think the two spider creatures are made from a vermin creature who has NOFEAR included in the raws which gets transferred over.

Code: [Select]
[NOPAIN][EXTRAVISION][NOSTUN][NOFEAR]
[NOBONES]
jumping spiders people should also have no stun, extra vision, no bones ,and no pain.
so you can avoid waking up stunned in adventure mode.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9708 on: December 22, 2015, 06:32:56 pm »

Oh man, this grab-n'-jump stuff is great, it's like a flying knee from a fighting game or something. I just saved my hammerman from getting his head ripped apart by a zombie by kneeing it in the face and sending it flying so hard it lost its foot.

I really wish zombies died faster though, like geeze.

EDIT: HAH! I say that, and the first strike I get after kneeing the zombie again is a head strike while it's prone, dead instantly. Thank you +silver flail+
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7567446/HostedOrDepended/dwarven-martial-arts.rst

Incidentally, they are Hawkwrath (Aknunakith) for the non-grapple version, Cave-In Strike (Korumid Abod) for the standing/short run+grapple version, and Dragonfall (Mamgozumid) for the full speed sprint+grapple version.

Along with the most dangerous of all for you, Skyhammer (Anriznil), where you get someone to climb up a building after you, grab them, aim a take-down, then just let go of the wall.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9709 on: December 22, 2015, 06:52:26 pm »

Along with the most dangerous of all for you, Skyhammer (Anriznil), where you get someone to climb up a building after you, grab them, aim a take-down, then just let go of the wall.

You sure that isn't basically just a climbing-assisted atomic leg drop?

Whacha gonna do when dorfamania runs wild on you, brotherrrr? o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9710 on: December 22, 2015, 07:44:50 pm »

Well, there was no word for bomb or atomic, I would have happily gone with Powerbomb but couldn't get close with it sounding right, Skyhammer works though.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9711 on: December 22, 2015, 07:46:18 pm »

True, guess that's close enough. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9712 on: December 22, 2015, 08:01:05 pm »

Lions attacked and went straight for the elf -- wtf? I thought animals never attacked elves, iirc they never bothered me when I played an elf, and ignored elvish companions. I think she's got a taste for animal blood now. During a dingo ambush, she crushed one of their heads in with her own book. That's only 4u of sphalerite, imagine how deadly she could be if I gave her this platinum book.

Shalderave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9713 on: December 22, 2015, 10:39:14 pm »

Incidentally, they are Hawkwrath (Aknunakith) for the non-grapple version, Cave-In Strike (Korumid Abod) for the standing/short run+grapple version, and Dragonfall (Mamgozumid) for the full speed sprint+grapple version.

These are great, thanks! Disembowling someone by jumping on them, what a terrible fate. Truly, we are slaves to the God of Blood.

EDIT: Started fighting the necro-tower earlier today, comrades lasted a bit longer than usual, gave them stuff, and the maceman I gave the Exceptional bronze flail killed a couple. The hammerman wasn't so lucky, but he got paralyzed early and then started tearing zombies apart with his teeth and took forever to die. Currently I'm fighting about, I dunno 30 zombies? It's going rather well.

EDIT2: So after a couple hours of watching vinesauce and fighting the zombie horde, I figured out if you smash their foot, they fall down and their heads seem to crush faster. Also I started as a uhh...competent maceman I think. I am now Great. After a while I started knocking their hands off, I should've done that at the start to get rid of their knives. So far, I've only been hurt a bit, though I did make the mistake of charging a zombie. He somehow got up first and then bit my side open. I'm okay though, except for a couple rounds of "moderate pain"
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 02:13:25 am by Shalderave »
When the adventurer is told there is no more need for them, when there are no more targets to kill, why do they act surprised when our "hero" turns towards them and says "No"?

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9714 on: December 23, 2015, 09:27:35 am »

The titan was a little anti-climactic. When I saw webs across the shrine I assumed they were the titan's, but it was a tarantula; they don't spin webs, but they do have a venomous bite. No one got bit, or even injured. I killed it with the second hit to the thorax, which apparently contained its brain.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #9715 on: December 23, 2015, 12:37:13 pm »

I'm not sure where to put this, so I'm putting it here.

I've found a world. An amazing world.

Some features include Rossu Daleplum, who is basically Joan of Arc and conquered the goblins, a hyena brute who lives as a bandit, a camp with OVER A THOUSAND GOBLINS, a cave dragon with the second-most kills of any creature, an elven nation that went full Yonali Smithwings on the dwarves except with 4 different generals, and all the dwarves being dead except a couple hundred.

AND NOW I'M GONNA WRITE STORIES ABOUT IT.

Shalderave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9716 on: December 23, 2015, 01:20:47 pm »

I wish I knew how to read Legends mode so I could find wacky things like that.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9717 on: December 23, 2015, 01:59:16 pm »

This hunter has been a very persistent survivor, and I'm almost starting to like him. He always topples to the floor, but even with his crutch in his pack he keeps pace, and I've seen him sprint after enemies. He's getting good at one-armed unarmed, which is all he can do, because he won't put his damn pouch inside his quiver, and any weapons I try to give him just goes into one or the other. The only thing of value of mine that he has is a crutch, which I've replaced since, so maybe he doesn't need to die after all.

The axedwarf I picked up does handy work with his steel battle axe. I wish I had a divine metal halberd to give him, but I left those in a weapon cache long ago. Also, he actually wears the armor I give him, so he hasn't been crippled yet. I really admire how cleanly the axe slices; body parts that fly off still land in a neat pile along with the corpse, for quicker butchering.

My elvish bard is now my embedded biographer, collecting the stories and witnessing first hand. She's also getting good at making her string instrument sound like a slightly different stringed instrument. I try to keep her out of the fire, but her instrument has one dingo kill on it, as does her book.

a hyena brute who lives as a bandit
I always get this once per game, a demon master deposed by a warring nation, forced to take refuge in a camp. There's several in my current world, and I ran into one a little early.

Shûl-nak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9718 on: December 23, 2015, 02:00:38 pm »

I wish I knew how to read Legends mode so I could find wacky things like that.

Get Legends Viewer. I've spent more time evaluating new worlds in it than playing the game lately. There's a feature that shows you the wars going on year-by-year in the world map, so you get a real feel for the rise and fall of sites and civs.

My favourite world (that I subsequently lost) was one with humans, elves, dwarves and goblins all duking it out in the heartland. Wars raged for hundreds of years with backstabbings and opportunistic armies dogpiling every weakened enemy.

Then around year 200, things began to slow down, but sites kept dropping off the map from the north. A dragon and hill titan were, it seemed, systematically destroying everything on their way to the southern coast, while the cheeky eastern human kingdom was capitalising on the misfortune of the other civs by then conquering whatever was left.

There was a goblin-owned fortress in the heart of nearly every conflict which had something like 30%+ of all the world's casualties attributed to its site. By year 250 it was held by about 200 of the most hardcore soldiers in the entire world. There were so many skeletons and corpses around the place it would've put a Bay12 succession fort to shame.

Even my illustrious dwarven slayer styled adventurer and his band of similarly epic warriors had no hope.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 02:05:38 pm by Shûl-nak »

Shalderave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9719 on: December 23, 2015, 02:52:04 pm »

I'll look into it, thanks!

So from when I started my assault on the necro tower, to its conclusion, killing all the zombies anyway, the sun was far in the eastern sky and it is now noon. That's a pretty great kite-war. Also this one elf corpse will not die. It's head, skull, and brain are complete paste. The world I'm currently playing in looked pretty neat in default legends, I wonder what I'll find with viewer.

EDIT: After turning his entire head into meat sauce for about an hour straight, I accidentally punch the zombie in the upper body and he dies.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 03:13:04 pm by Shalderave »
Pages: 1 ... 646 647 [648] 649 650 ... 1104