Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 644 645 [646] 647 648 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2104976 times)

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #9675 on: December 21, 2015, 10:57:54 pm »

omg, I think I've gotten all the newbie mistakes behind me, so the *facepalm* moments I do have aren't terminal. At least not to me, but I'm glad I didn't give my Crossbowman any of my good weapons.

I wanted to explore the Magma Forges, but as per usual they're built up against the only way in. So I jumped across the magma to look around. When I came back, all of my companions were butting up against the wall, like they do when they hit a river I'm crossing. The Crossbowman just stood directly in my jump path, and I waited for him to move, and when he didn't, I took the leap figuring he'd either jump out of the way or get knocked back and I'd have to apologize.

He jumped directly toward my flight path instead, and turned into a Lava Mist so quickly that no one noticed. I didn't even have a moment of grief for him. Poof. I can't even tell stories about his death, they don't show up in his or the site's history.

Let's just leave the dwarves to build him a slab after they figure it out.

EDIT: Are all fortress taverns this cramped? It's like a vertical drinking establishment; it doesn't even have room for elbows, so you better drink it quick before someone  knocks it all over you.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 11:32:13 pm by Uzu Bash »

Shalderave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9676 on: December 21, 2015, 11:30:57 pm »

Instead we must settle for ye olde DFHack.

Or...wait. Minecarts can dump contents and create a full tile of water, right?

Is it possible to, as a flying creature, dump a minecart of water and one of magma, fast enough to create a floating block of obsidian?

It would surely kill you stone dead (pun intended) in the process, but it'd also be exploitable by future adventurers.

If I knew where to find a minecart reliably, I would un-retire my raven man and experiment.
When the adventurer is told there is no more need for them, when there are no more targets to kill, why do they act surprised when our "hero" turns towards them and says "No"?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9677 on: December 21, 2015, 11:32:13 pm »

If I knew where to find a minecart reliably, I would un-retire my raven man and experiment.

Best option is to mod a reaction to just make a minecraft out of nothing.

EDIT: I murdered a tavern keeper, using grab-and-jumps to disrobe her AND send her sailing about, then snapping her neck upon realizing I somehow escalated from brawl to no quarter doing that.

I'm now hauling a barrel of wine I stole, intending to raid a bandit-claimed tomb and party with whoever or whatever I find.

EDIT 2: Oh hey, THIS one has a mummy in it! Time for !!SCIENCE!! it seems.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 11:40:16 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Shalderave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9678 on: December 21, 2015, 11:51:24 pm »

So I was testing that grab-n'-jump thing with my Statue of Liberty, and it works great. Hopefully controlled direction throwing will be part of the game eventually, because throwing an enemy *into* yourself and dying/mutilating yourself while hilarious, doesn't make any sense. I made my own nose explode into gore once because of that.
When the adventurer is told there is no more need for them, when there are no more targets to kill, why do they act surprised when our "hero" turns towards them and says "No"?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9679 on: December 21, 2015, 11:58:58 pm »

So I was testing that grab-n'-jump thing with my Statue of Liberty, and it works great. Hopefully controlled direction throwing will be part of the game eventually, because throwing an enemy *into* yourself and dying/mutilating yourself while hilarious, doesn't make any sense. I made my own nose explode into gore once because of that.

Yesss. Glad it helped.

So, this seems to confirm that my other tombs all lacked mummies.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9680 on: December 22, 2015, 12:02:06 am »

Every time Max is right, an angel gets her wings. The same angel... she's just a horrific ass of wings and mewling flesh at this point.

"Horrific ass of wings" wtf, that's very df but I did mean mass, firefox aurora has been lagging pretty badly lately.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 12:03:44 am by Max™ »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9681 on: December 22, 2015, 12:03:35 am »

Every time Max is right, an angel gets her wings. The same angel... she's just a horrific ass of wings and mewling flesh at this point.

You'd get more wings if I knew WHY the fuck this has been the only DF2014 mummy I've encountered. ;_;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9682 on: December 22, 2015, 12:14:48 am »

I heard somewhere that they only have a 1/6 chance to spawn now.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9683 on: December 22, 2015, 12:16:35 am »

I heard somewhere that they only have a 1/6 chance to spawn now.

Fuuuck, that explains it.

That, and a few builds of Adventurecraft that broke necromancy. Maybe broke mummies too?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Shalderave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9684 on: December 22, 2015, 12:36:18 am »

"Horrific ass of wings" wtf, that's very df but I did mean mass, firefox aurora has been lagging pretty badly lately.

I thought they started out that way.

Funny story by the way,

I love this stupid game so much.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9685 on: December 22, 2015, 12:39:45 am »

Yeah, actually, I noticed that. Couldn't seem to get strangling to work.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Comito

• Bay Watcher
  • Barrens chat scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9686 on: December 22, 2015, 12:46:07 am »

Press shift+A and wrestle, grab with either upper arm and aim for the throat.

Press enter or period, whichever button makes it advance a turn, and if it works it'll say you grabbed them.

Shift+A again and wrestle again, wrestle with upper arm and choke throat.

Advance another turn and it'll say you placed a chokehold on them. Press a movement key like you're going toward them and it'll start strangling them.

Continue moving into them until they are unconscious or suffocate. If they are diagonal to you, use the numpad and press the button corresponding to their position.

Shalderave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9687 on: December 22, 2015, 12:49:21 am »

Citizen snips.

I remember all that, the option to choke just doesn't seem to appear. Let me try something.

EDIT: here we go

no choke. Hmm, strange.

EDIT 2: Wait, was there always literally a throat? I think what gets me, is I don't know DF's difference between Head, Neck, and Throat. I kind of get it, but it seems odd I can't strangle the neck.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 12:55:41 am by Shalderave »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9688 on: December 22, 2015, 12:53:33 am »

Citizen snips.

I remember all that, the option to choke just doesn't seem to appear. Let me try something.

It goes grab, establish chokehold, chooooke.

Only works if you grab the throat, not the neck.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Shalderave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9689 on: December 22, 2015, 12:57:31 am »

Woopsie. Seems odd to me that 'Throat' is on the next page, and 'Head' and 'Neck' are right next to each other.
Pages: 1 ... 644 645 [646] 647 648 ... 1104