Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 640 641 [642] 643 644 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2105129 times)

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #9615 on: December 19, 2015, 07:24:46 pm »

Huehuehue. How do you so easily figure out their sizes? :V
First, weigh their bodies. Then weigh their heads and/or any other dismembered parts.

EDIT: I think it was too late to back up the first time I toured the hamlet, since it was practically adjacent to the vault. If the map is going to fuck up, it'll happen the first time the site offloads after generating. I know this has been bug-reported, because I reported it last version.

EDIT: Empty meadhall with a set of masterwork iron greaves. History shows about a decade of thefts from this meadhall, all of them minor crafts, mostly bonecraft. These were left behind.

Turns out these small clothes fit dwarves, so I bequeathed my first hearthdwarf of The Wretched Tenacity a jagged rusted metal halberd and a frilly liquid darkness cloak.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 09:38:54 am by Uzu Bash »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9616 on: December 20, 2015, 09:37:23 am »

FINALLY!

Set up a macro to just spam the long wait key and hung out, they started doing dances I had shown them.

The little spinning around partner dance we're doing here is fun, periodically you have to move around the room to the x, and while we're dancing we kinda move around in a circle as we're spinning.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9617 on: December 20, 2015, 09:49:22 am »

I've never seen this many vampires in one place.
http://www.hongfire.com/cg/data/12/vamparmy.jpg

If they were actually organized, they could be a serious threat, but they immediately began attacking each other and fleeing from us. I managed 6 six out of this encounter, my companion got 4.

Btw, I've found the best way to learn new forms from taverns is to fast travel in repeatedly. Or you could wait 1 hour at a time, to be sure you're in place when the site loads. You'll almost always catch the middle of any performance, which is enough to learn it. However, if you perform any of these yourself, you'll more likely to see them repeating it.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9618 on: December 20, 2015, 11:12:12 am »

Oh jesus, I couldnt' figure out what I was looking at in that shot, not used to the tileset at all, then I noticed the big clump army at the top.

So out of two libraries in this world so far, the awful oubliette with no room and like a hundred people packed into less than a dozen squares was utterly peaceful... the big open elf library with no walls at all is full of blood and people stabbing each other in the head.

I didn't try to keep waiting in the tavern, actually, good tip!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #9620 on: December 20, 2015, 12:28:29 pm »

CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9621 on: December 20, 2015, 12:50:02 pm »

So far this version, and I think last version, no tomb under town chapels have had waking mummies, only in tombs away from settlements. One way to tell if a mummy will wake is if the loot is markedly better than anything else you find in the region. It's schmuck bait; you'll always find something irresistible to pick up. Not picking up anything is probably a wise suggestion if you're not tomb raiding -- otherwise, wtf is the point of even going in? Just on tour or something?

It's best to get a disposable companion to walk beside the tile while you go for relative safety, or at least a position you're not surrounded. After casting it's curse, the mummy isn't any more dangerous than another necromancer.

Max's suggestion to save/reload isn't foolproof; if you triggered the mummy but evaded the curse, the mummy may stop hunting you, but if you stumble across him and he has a line of sight on you, no matter how distant, you will get hit. I found this last version when I absconded with my loot, then bumped into him while trying to clear a necromancer's raiding zombies from a hamlet.

So out of two libraries in this world so far, the awful oubliette with no room and like a hundred people packed into less than a dozen squares was utterly peaceful... the big open elf library with no walls at all is full of blood and people stabbing each other in the head.
How do you locate a library? Is it displayed on the map in some color? Is there a sign?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9622 on: December 20, 2015, 02:21:06 pm »

oh man you can make a demon drink their own slab that has their name on it.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9623 on: December 20, 2015, 02:28:49 pm »

oh man you can make a demon drink their own slab that has their name on it.

Would they disappear if the slab is destroyed?

They should.

So far this version, and I think last version, no tomb under town chapels have had waking mummies, only in tombs away from settlements. One way to tell if a mummy will wake is if the loot is markedly better than anything else you find in the region. It's schmuck bait; you'll always find something irresistible to pick up. Not picking up anything is probably a wise suggestion if you're not tomb raiding -- otherwise, wtf is the point of even going in? Just on tour or something?
Uh, I've definitely had mummies under towns in both versions, not as often as the tomb mummies, more like the older rate, maybe 1 or 2 in 10 rather than 5~7 in 10 from my experiences with tombs.

It definitely happens though, I mentioned it in the worst thing you've done thread, wake a mummy with a companion, lead the undead to the surface.
Max's suggestion to save/reload isn't foolproof; if you triggered the mummy but evaded the curse, the mummy may stop hunting you, but if you stumble across him and he has a line of sight on you, no matter how distant, you will get hit. I found this last version when I absconded with my loot, then bumped into him while trying to clear a necromancer's raiding zombies from a hamlet.
Yeah, I found one killing bandits in a camp! It's definitely !!Fun!! though.
How do you locate a library? Is it displayed on the map in some color? Is there a sign?
I track down libraries in legends, Structures, then just note the town name, you can see the names in the little list thing on the right.

YHVH

• Bay Watcher
  • Batshit Insane God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9624 on: December 20, 2015, 02:29:23 pm »

Oh jesus, I couldnt' figure out what I was looking at in that shot, not used to the tileset at all, then I noticed the big clump army at the top.

I didn't try to keep waiting in the tavern, actually, good tip!

Are you sure those aren't dwarves in disguise?
So, now I have a moat filled with magma AND patrolled by ghosts. It is quite nice actually.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9625 on: December 20, 2015, 02:38:15 pm »

Sure who is, the elves? There are dorfs and humans and stuff at that library, but it's in a forest retreat.

Also, a surefire way to confirm you found a library is the game slows to a crawl and it sounds like there's a siege or something going on from all the scholars killing each other.

I love it.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #9626 on: December 20, 2015, 03:41:16 pm »

1. Find vampire blood, mug
2. Find cyclops
3. Blind cyclops
4. Talk to cyclops
5. Give cyclops mug
6. Vampire cyclops

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9627 on: December 20, 2015, 03:46:12 pm »

muthafuck, there was a library in my home town and I didn't find it! My adopted hometown, but all the same I've been all over it hunting. When you cross it on the travel map, is labelled like the rest of the structures? Is there a color that should stand out, or does it share the same color as another structure type? Do you have to visually identify it by combing block by fucking block?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9628 on: December 20, 2015, 03:48:58 pm »

Ardor the Tigerman and mercenary: Inadvertently assisted a combined human and dwarven force in sacking a goblin holding when he went on a murderous goblin-slaying rampage. After leaving the place, he went to cross a fish infested river.

He was then encased in ice.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9629 on: December 20, 2015, 05:34:26 pm »

muthafuck, there was a library in my home town and I didn't find it! My adopted hometown, but all the same I've been all over it hunting. When you cross it on the travel map, is labelled like the rest of the structures? Is there a color that should stand out, or does it share the same color as another structure type? Do you have to visually identify it by combing block by fucking block?
White-ish, yes it shows on the buildings lists.
Pages: 1 ... 640 641 [642] 643 644 ... 1104