Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 639 640 [641] 642 643 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2105187 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #9600 on: December 19, 2015, 04:03:11 pm »

Strange because literally every DF2014 tomb I've raided has given me no trouble at all. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9601 on: December 19, 2015, 04:44:13 pm »

No trouble as in no mummies?

Cause someone else said that before, and I don't know how you guys wouldn't be getting them unless you only raid a few tombs and just got lucky.

I went through a tomb with 6 buildings in it between my telling of the dragon tavern keeper story and finding the weaponlord bandits and only two didn't have a mummy laying in the coffin. That's been pretty consistent, and like I've said before, there are small sized steel armor pieces in these, plus random books and stuff... I don't skip them.

I could see bumping into two tombs and having a run of no mummies between 8 or 9 coffins and thinking that they were uncommon, but then you go through half a dozen tombs with 5 or 6 or more individual buildings each and only get 8 empty coffins out of 30 or 40 checked. It's way more than the 50% rate I guesstimated before, probably closer to 75% if anything.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9602 on: December 19, 2015, 04:45:54 pm »

Yeah. No mummies. Thing is, I tend to go in stealthy, so I can't tell if it's literally NO mummies or if sneaking in (and not bashing down the door) is merely 100% effective at preventing detection.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9603 on: December 19, 2015, 04:51:59 pm »

I bash doors down, stomp around, the only thing that wakes them is getting within 1 tile of the coffin and picking something up. I usually go in and beeline for wherever the coffin is... even though the layouts are randomly generated I'm pretty good at telling where they'll be except for the occasional massive ones the size of 3 world-gen dorf fortress surface boxes stacked on top of each other. Those ones you either get the absurdity of there being two rooms, the coffin room, and a hallway with the rest being completely empty, or a winding twisting crosslinked mess of stairs and tunnels and doors everydamnwhere.

My favorite is when you open the door and there are bodies laying right there inside it, you step just inside the doorway and there is a coffin sitting right beside you... had that happen twice now.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 04:53:37 pm by Max™ »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9604 on: December 19, 2015, 04:55:00 pm »

Butbutbut...I've looted the tomb and even sat right on the coffin without issue. Even organized a dance inside the tomb room, after toppling all the statues to make space.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9605 on: December 19, 2015, 04:59:59 pm »

Did you make sure there was a mummy in the coffin before trying that?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9606 on: December 19, 2015, 05:04:34 pm »

Did you make sure there was a mummy in the coffin before trying that?

Every coffin I've examined has shown as empty. Even in temple tombs and goblin bone hoards. I always assumed that they didn't show their contents correctly.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9607 on: December 19, 2015, 05:19:18 pm »

not only does picking the lock means no rising mummies, but not picking anything up on the way to the mummy also works.
I kinda notice this the hard way when I walk into the room with an already awaken mummy, and panic raise all the skeletons to prevent her from doing that...
then the game crash because I resurrect not raise the dead and skeletons in tombs with no names are those with no history thus game can't handle it.

(I might later attempt to cram god souls into these skeletons and try to raise them that way if possible)
that said grabbing the demon vault slab = Marriage when robisoe murdered his entire zombie army for saving his newlywed demon lizard kaiju. when he could have just let them kill her and raise the corpse. in doing so has proven his love to the demon and prove the path of killing angels to get the slab basically this comic.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9608 on: December 19, 2015, 05:31:03 pm »

Well that was derp. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9609 on: December 19, 2015, 05:43:18 pm »

Oh lord, the little "ch-chk" *wink* is great.

Picking the lock or bashing the door down doesn't matter at all.

Picked the lock, went inside and checked some rooms, found the coffin room, went over and grabbed the *steel breastplate* I saw earlier, the green ! is the sense creature class tile from the mummy standing up.
Killed the process, reloaded the save.

Bashed the door down, went over and looked in the coffin room since I knew where it was now, then picked up the breastplate again.

Incidentally that was the second building I checked, the first one was empty. I think there's 8 or 9 more in this cluster, wanna take bets on how many more mummies I find? I'm gonna go with 6 more for a total of 7 counting this one.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9610 on: December 19, 2015, 05:46:27 pm »

That is extremely weird. And yet I seem to get mummy-less tombs. You sure that maybe just being in sneak mode doesn't nullify it, and that the coffin's contents can be viewed? ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9611 on: December 19, 2015, 06:07:46 pm »

Naturally since I guess 7 I only got 4 this time outta these, the three in the spoiler and the one from the bash/pick experiment just now.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9612 on: December 19, 2015, 06:13:57 pm »

Aw hell. I love that this time I'm the one with the sorcerous anomaly in my favor, and yet I'm STILL the one stumped by it. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9613 on: December 19, 2015, 06:20:43 pm »

Just checked because I wasn't actually sure if sneaking would matter, and it don't seem like it do.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9614 on: December 19, 2015, 06:36:30 pm »

Odd. ._.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 ... 639 640 [641] 642 643 ... 1104