Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 638 639 [640] 641 642 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2105196 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #9585 on: December 19, 2015, 12:53:15 pm »

oh wait you probably want your leader to stay alive as well.... get your leader to drink vampire blood. that should keep the undead at bay. thought any other folks might be doomed to get mauled unless you do the same.

Give EVERYBODY mugs of vampire blood, then the whole town can peacefully enjoy the undead guardians.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9586 on: December 19, 2015, 12:56:44 pm »

No, no, no and no. That's not how an adventurer does things.

Out of 4 tombs, only one had a waking mummy. There was only one way in, or so I thought at the time. I had to cross the chamber along the side, then sprint back from the center, kiting my companion across the forbidden tiles. Not fast enough to pass the zombies, but I was able to bash through them the rest of the way while my poor sidekick was torn open by the mummy.

I thought I could hem them at the entrance, but they started pouring down the trapdoor that one of the bodies had been concealing, swamping the room I thought I could escape through. Trying to go back, I wound up getting squeezed between both hordes and trying to hack my way through to the passage deeper into the tomb, while the mummy drew closer, reanimating the bits I'd lopped off. Worn out from blocking and getting bashed around, I finally got far enough that only a few zombies and parts followed, along with the mummy. That was much more manageable, so I was able to sit down and get a rest.

To play it safe with my stamina I took a 1 hour rest. When I went to deal with the rest of them, they were all gone, including the mutilated corpse of my friend of the hour. Now I'm smelling death when I hadn't before, so they may be wandering the countryside, wreaking terror.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9587 on: December 19, 2015, 12:58:42 pm »

That how proper villains adventurers do things. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Comito

• Bay Watcher
  • Barrens chat scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9588 on: December 19, 2015, 01:55:43 pm »

One of my traveling companions is classified as a spearman, but in all our battles she's only bashed enemies with a tower shield, never once using her spear. It's surprisingly deadly.

If I give her another tower shield and take the spear away, will she dual-wield them?

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9589 on: December 19, 2015, 02:07:35 pm »

I'm not a villain, that's why I don't burn people alive capriciously. I do it to demonstrate to everyone the kind of behaviour I would penalize with immolation.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9590 on: December 19, 2015, 02:29:17 pm »

besides your main goal is getting the slab so you can marry a demon any way.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9591 on: December 19, 2015, 02:33:24 pm »

Hmm. Dumb thought. Does dosing a well with vampire mode in adventure mod result in villagers getting vamped? Never noticed whether or not NPCs visiting the well actually get a drink.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9592 on: December 19, 2015, 02:40:41 pm »

Haven't seen them drink from a well either.

Also, the mummy that you saved/reloaded on?

Yeah, they're a roaming army on the map now... so, be careful who you bump into, not sure if they'll curse you after doing it to your sacrificial lamb, but they can definitely curse after you use it to poof them safely out of the tomb and then find them a day later beating up bandits in a camp.

Also found a group of 4 bandits, walked up to beat them up... turns out they're all weapon lords, glad I was already buffed up and that this hamlet wasn't right near where I started, woulda gotten my shit pushed in if I wasn't able to run away fast enough. Swordmaster+Mace Lord+2 Elite Wrestlers=Toady seems to have dealt with the "bandits are all low skilled mooks" problem.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9593 on: December 19, 2015, 02:46:49 pm »

besides your main goal is getting the slab so you can marry a demon any way.
Who told you?!

This isn't her slab anyway. Sorry, her slab is in another Vault.

Also, the mummy that you saved/reloaded on?
I didn't savescum this; I came prepared. Not that I'm admitting to savescumming.

I figured I'd run into them eventually, but the locals are little tougher now, at least when they aren't on the same map as me.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 02:51:54 pm by Uzu Bash »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9594 on: December 19, 2015, 02:50:53 pm »

Yess, if you get the slab, your demon senpai will finally notice you? o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9595 on: December 19, 2015, 02:56:27 pm »

Yess, if you get the slab, your demon senpai will finally notice you? o3o
You know, I did go back to challenge her again, but she was way too quick. I couldn't land a hit, and no matter how I multi-dodged, she kept knocking me down. That's when I decided she shall be mine! I'd also like to recover my toe, if possible.

I wonder if she's wearing it as a necklace and thinking of me...
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 02:59:23 pm by Uzu Bash »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9596 on: December 19, 2015, 02:59:27 pm »

So now Dwarf Fortress has become Yandere Fortress.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9597 on: December 19, 2015, 03:21:03 pm »

Made a backup before approaching the vault, fortunately. It was easy all the way in, but hit a dead end before the vault. I don't even know who's slab it is, but I will not be denied.

These guys were way too easy. Workers and Angels were small, 90-95u, so no charging hazard. Plus they still have the habit of facing the opposite direction from where any intruder would enter. Switched to steel pick, never used before, and still snuffed them out so easily that I could engage in debates on the merits of truth with one of them, which scratched my itch to argue and cause trouble. The Guardian was 12.2ku, but only had eyeballs for the wall in front of him. One pick to the neck severed his spinal column, so no charging from him, either.

Those clothes never would have fit me, but they would have been nice and tight on a chorus of elvish backup dancers. Sleek liquid darkness!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9598 on: December 19, 2015, 03:30:21 pm »

Huehuehue. How do you so easily figure out their sizes? :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9599 on: December 19, 2015, 03:59:20 pm »

I didn't mean save/reload, but it's the same effect, wake a mummy and do something that prevents them from coming after you immediately, write a poem, lose sight and wait an hour, save/reload your game. They disappear and you can loot the tomb freely.

You will bump into them later on the travel map though, so be careful.

So after doing a tavern crawl in the other world with no luck I got annoyed and set things up so dorfs and humans make towns, goblins make regular fortresses, elves still hump trees, set up my world-gen and let it go for a while.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
62k dorfs, 28k humans, 26k elves, 704 goblins.

I'm going to eradicate the entire goblin race from this world.

In the meantime I found lots of fun stuff, before I started the purge of the fort my goblin slaying goblin is from I went upstairs to find a dead dragon, telling stories about them revealed that they were... a tavern keeper?

Huh...

So I headed to some other sites and got myself all buffed up before finding the bandit weaponlord squad I mentioned above. I was strong enough to punch one of them across the screen into another, which made the other two decide to take the wounds they had suffered and call it a day... so I started telling a "ribald poem intended to teach a moral lesson" and a bunch of kids come running up?

Ok look, it is past midnight, there are professional murderers up here murdering each other, AND one of them paused to tell a dirty poem after killing one and gruesomely wounding the other three.

This is not the appropriate time to let your kids go running around the hamlet people.

...anyway, I also found my first non-murderfilled library in the northwesternmost town, just south of that tower up on the glacier in the corner!

I kinda wish they were killing each other so I wouldn't have to think about the ones trapped behind the ramp pillar, or even the ones on the wrong sides of the ramps, they could climb out if they could stand up and have a hand free... easier said than done.
Pages: 1 ... 638 639 [640] 641 642 ... 1104