Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 637 638 [639] 640 641 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2105191 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #9570 on: December 18, 2015, 05:19:11 pm »

I'm now disappointed in myself for not thinking of calling it skullduggery. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #9571 on: December 18, 2015, 06:02:58 pm »

And then I told him the story about how he drank the cursed blood.

Plus I found this gem in legends mode:

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9572 on: December 18, 2015, 06:04:44 pm »

Now if only you could give children mugs...vampire children?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #9573 on: December 18, 2015, 06:20:53 pm »

Nah, can't trade with children. That's the first thing I tried.

EDIT: A night creature bride attacked me in a town. I killed it in front of some merchants and now they like me. They say I'm brave for killing it. Is this 0.34 all over again?

EDIT2: I JUST MADE A GUY DRINK A THOUSAND COINS THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 08:03:19 pm by TheFlame52 »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9574 on: December 18, 2015, 08:06:09 pm »

I know. Lament eternally the fact that you can't dose children with mugs of vampire blood.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9575 on: December 18, 2015, 09:33:21 pm »

Oh wow, I didn't know you could induce people to drink out of mugs that you give them, this is great!

Does this work on your followers as well as random guys in bars?  If you make a vamp adventuring party, will they not go aggro on you when they see you drink blood?

This is awesome, must try it out.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9576 on: December 18, 2015, 09:41:33 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The center of a hamlet. I expected to be approached by the typical bandits. These guys are soldiers.

Someone is shit serious about taking me out. I'm about to find out if my armor is up to this.

EDIT: damn, how do I thumbnail that?

EDIT: Jeez, didn't realize I was still in Stroll pace, which I sometimes do while hanging around taverns. When I let them get a free hit, they got more than their share, and though they missed them all, I was already Tired. I bodyslammed through the only direction that had only one guy standing there and managed to get up a tree. They didn't follow. They drifted off after awhile, I took a 1 hour nap, then snuck down and to the nearby meadhall, where I already had permission to night. No one prevented me from sleeping to dawn, everyone was still friendly in the morning.

On my way back to have another word with them, but coincidentally I found I'm being tailed by a smaller squad who I assumed was the nearby town guard. I've seen them while beast-hunting pretty often, and always stopped to share a story and some dirty jokes, learned all their names. They're still friendly now, but why would they be this far north? Maybe just getting paranoid.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 10:11:35 pm by Uzu Bash »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9577 on: December 18, 2015, 10:06:22 pm »

Bandits show up as soldiers, or do you mean they're more skilled?

Use img width=800 or so inside the spoilers and it'll be sized better.

I have found a group of soldiers that were in a hamlet which had just been reclaimed and they were hanging out near the well/running off on patrols.

Also just had a guy drink vomit[100] and felt bad so I gave someone else booze[100] but to my dismay they did not keel over dead from alchohol poisoning.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9578 on: December 18, 2015, 10:15:35 pm »

Bandits show up as soldiers, or do you mean they're more skilled?
I don't know if they're more skilled, but they aren't bandits. When I asked their profession, they simply said, "I am a soldier." Also, they didn't ask me to disarm much less hand over anything, they just jumped.

EDIT: When I went back, they were all just standing in this formation, far from the hamlet center, where bandits typically wait. And I just walked right through them, introduced to all of them, and worked the crowd:

http://www.hongfire.com/cg/data/12/USO.jpg

Told them a funny poem, then a wry one, then regaled them with the story of how Wonderedhag the squirrel fiend was imprisoned by the Ivy Nations. They were eating out of my hand.

And then, when I returned to the mead hall, one of the guys who had been following me ran up and told me a local warlord's bandits were harassing people. And I know this warlord, she really does look like she's running a military operation. Like they're getting funding from a foreign interest. And I know a story to tell them that is sure to piss them off, because when I told it at her camp, 5 wrestlers and an axeman immediately jumped me -- so it's true, NPC's are paying attention to the content! The warlord didn't seem the slightest perturbed. I fought them all off barehanded and let them live with their dislocated joints.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 10:45:49 pm by Uzu Bash »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9579 on: December 18, 2015, 11:07:13 pm »

Would you do me a favor? If you don't know off-hand, go ask the soldiers if the site was recently reclaimed, or tell a story about the site and see if it is an option, I'm curious if the guarding soldier groups like that are a regular thing with reclaims or whatnot.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9580 on: December 18, 2015, 11:49:33 pm »

Would you do me a favor? If you don't know off-hand, go ask the soldiers if the site was recently reclaimed, or tell a story about the site and see if it is an option, I'm curious if the guarding soldier groups like that are a regular thing with reclaims or whatnot.
It's not in their site history, at least within the decade. My stories that pissed off the rest of their gang didn't piss them off, so they must not have known the guys it was about. None of them were in Legends from my last retire, which was only 4 days earlier. So I can't help thinking the ambush was set up for me.

I think the warlord started sending me hit squads because I kicked over one of her camps, one that was right on the edge of city limits, equipped with tents and a permanent campfire. Bandits don't set camps like that, invasion forces do.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9581 on: December 19, 2015, 12:07:01 am »

Did they periodically run off around the buildings in the hamlet and return like they were doing patrols?

WatcherAM

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9582 on: December 19, 2015, 12:18:07 am »

Alright, I started as a human demigod hearthperson in hamlet of Beescovers and I had to do a double take at how pathetcally small the local lady's mead hall was. At first I thought it was optical illusion due to the fact that I didn't have any graphic sets installed, but no, this place is basically a walk in closet with a jagged hallway that leads to nowhere. It doesn't help that there's about a dozen other hearthpersons crowding the place. Though I was pleased that they were having conversations amougst themselves, makes the world feel more alive.

So I had a chat with the lady and only thing rememberable about her was the she's fat and she's loaded down with jewely. I guess we've found out where the construction budget went.

I decided to start small and take a quest to kill some bandits that were a days travel to the northwest. Now to gather up some companions. I recruited a  human lasher, then tried to get human maceman, turns out he was a dick. When I asked him to join me on my adventures, he laughed at me and said. "Such enthusiasm from one such as you." What the hell is that suppose to mean?

It takes me a minute to realize that was his way of rejecting my offer. I had to be sure so I asked how he was feeling. He says, "Sometimes I just don't like somebody." Okay, this passive aggressive asshole is going on my blacklist. I wrote down his name which is Rostfen, sounds like a jerk name. I'll be seeing him latter. I recruited the other nearby maceman and a swordsman. The we were off.

The journey was uneventful and the rivers were easily navigable. I was low on water so I stopped by the well in the hamlet of Hipmagic. A friendly poet named Osush greeted me. I spent some time talking to her and was in good mood after the conversation. I was about to head out when the thought occurred to me to make a visit at the mead hall.

This one was a lot more impressive. Hipmagic is ruled by The Wise Council which sounds a lot better than the The Disemboweled Coalition of Beescovers. After talking to the lord, I decided to change my alliegience. I asked to lord to become a hearth person and he said I was not worthy of the honor. So I inquired about the groups troubles. One of them is a bandit camp half a days travel to the south. My current plan is to kill some bandits for this lord, become his hearth person, the go back to Bees covers and punch Rostfen in the face.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 12:19:46 am by WatcherAM »

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9583 on: December 19, 2015, 02:02:12 am »

Did they periodically run off around the buildings in the hamlet and return like they were doing patrols?
No, I didn't stake them out, so that's among the things I didn't investigate because I had dragons to slay. But I wish I'd followed the warlord when she went off on her own into the desert. In that direction was at least 2 days to any civilization or camp. She was 'on a mission' she said.

EDIT: I can't believe there's a Vault right here, this soon in the game, just 2 tiles away from an isolated hamlet I've been using as a temp base. I think I'm ready for the Angels, but dunno about the Guardian. You can never be sure about the Guardians anyway, they're a mixed bag like the demons. If I don't get the slab in one go, there's the risk that the place reshuffles to make the path inaccessible.

But for now, I'm collecting Red Shirts to go tomb raiding. Who will defend this poor hamlet from bandits after I've used up all it's hearthfolk?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 11:43:44 am by Uzu Bash »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9584 on: December 19, 2015, 12:25:27 pm »

No, I didn't stake them out, so that's among the things I didn't investigate because I had dragons to slay. But I wish I'd followed the warlord when she went off on her own into the desert. In that direction was at least 2 days to any civilization or camp. She was 'on a mission' she said.

EDIT: I can't believe there's a Vault right here, this soon in the game, just 2 tiles away from an isolated hamlet I've been using as a temp base. I think I'm ready for the Angels, but dunno about the Guardian. You can never be sure about the Guardians anyway, they're a mixed bag like the demons. If I don't get the slab in one go, there's the risk that the place reshuffles to make the path inaccessible.

But for now, I'm collecting Red Shirts to go tomb raiding. Who will defend this poor hamlet from bandits after I've used up all it's hearthfolk?
zombies, get a bunch and tell them to wait inside. they will attack anyone who wanders in so they work perfectly as watchers.
oh wait you probably want your leader to stay alive as well.... get your leader to drink vampire blood. that should keep the undead at bay. thought any other folks might be doomed to get mauled unless you do the same.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 637 638 [639] 640 641 ... 1104