Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 635 636 [637] 638 639 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2105245 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #9540 on: December 18, 2015, 10:34:58 am »

I just realize we can serve vermin in cups to people.
Live Vermin to people.
Living rats, Spiders, modded in leperchans.

OH SURE, BECAUSE GIVING SOMEONE A GLASS OF CAGES AND SKELETONS AND MUGS AND CLOTHING WASN'T COOL ENOUGH, YOU JUST HAVE TO ONE-UP ME BY POINTING OUT I AM TOO NICE TO THINK OF TRYING TO STICK A RAT IN THE MIX...

You know, you try so hard to do something really fucked up to a little npc and this is the thanks you get?

*runs off sobbing*
as a person who was there for the evil thread. this is kinda the norm.
getting rats too tricky and they will naw out of containers best grab a barrel full of BEES and scoop some BEES out for people.

then I wonder if vermins fall under the item requirements for webber.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9541 on: December 18, 2015, 10:51:38 am »

Very well, I'll forgive ya because you're cool... this time.

Also, even if you prefer a vanilla game, you really should go swap the [BUILDS_OUTDOOR_TOMBS] tag from humans to dorfs:

Start as a goblin, head out of the fort (btw, Toady, if you are reading this and it was deliberate, thanks for making goblin adventurers spawn closer to the edge of their sites than the center, so you can head out fast or take the long trek inward if you choose), head south to the nearest tomb, ???, profit!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9542 on: December 18, 2015, 11:51:19 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
what stop me from playing a spiderfort was the fact their way too small to hold tools.

also tombs give me bad memories of losing that woodcutter mummy lady due to Temporal screwery and I can't get her back, I'm gave up trying to get her back.
"body swapping and YOU!"

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #9543 on: December 18, 2015, 12:02:33 pm »

Maybe I missed something, but have none of you tried to get people to drink magma? That's like the go-to for experimentation.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9544 on: December 18, 2015, 12:06:19 pm »

Maybe I missed something, but have none of you tried to get people to drink magma? That's like the go-to for experimentation.
oh that's mostly because you can drink magma in adventure mode by yourself so that's a given.
like you can always drink magma in like most of the updates.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9545 on: December 18, 2015, 12:07:49 pm »

Mummies teleport around.

I haven't tried magma yet because I haven't found any handy yet, was playing with settings for a 65x65 and had to reset a lot of stuff to get them to generate with the higher civ numbers I like so they aren't covered in evil volcanoglaciers like my 33x33 worlds are.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9546 on: December 18, 2015, 12:20:21 pm »

true but then again I didn't turn her into a mummy... then again this might be a case of resurrection and my adventure is by proxy a mummy.

like you can hold magma in a minecart and not worry about melting to death(if said minecart is made of literal nothing)

you can drink enough magma to the point of vomit.
but that's the only new thing about drinking magma.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9547 on: December 18, 2015, 12:35:28 pm »

Finally witnessed a dance form, and the first time I tried it, I danced 'flawlessly, like someone out of a legend!' Woot, I'm ready for my pop star career now! Unfortunately, you kill one marsh titan and they never let you live it down. Can I not be appreciated for my talent?

Is it possible to compose or choreograph new dances? Do I need a practice partner for that? I lost the dingo couple long ago, they wisely stopped following when I crossed the dark pits.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #9548 on: December 18, 2015, 12:44:04 pm »

Finally witnessed a dance form, and the first time I tried it, I danced 'flawlessly, like someone out of a legend!' Woot, I'm ready for my pop star career now! Unfortunately, you kill one marsh titan and they never let you live it down. Can I not be appreciated for my talent?

Is it possible to compose or choreograph new dances? Do I need a practice partner for that? I lost the dingo couple long ago, they wisely stopped following when I crossed the dark pits.

Yes you can choreograph dances, but it depends on your skill/civ.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9549 on: December 18, 2015, 12:50:24 pm »

yes you can choreograph new dances but man I think only dwarves and slapping like points into just about all the bard skills out side of instrument skills will give you "choreograph" craft option.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9550 on: December 18, 2015, 01:24:40 pm »

Uh?

Goblin dances are the best in my experience, lots of interesting movements, lots of the fun "chase the X" minigames.

Wait, you saw npcs dancing?

Were they in a tavern? Lots of them, just a few? What type of site, was there a lot of room, what races?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9551 on: December 18, 2015, 01:31:30 pm »

yeah elven taverns are known to be large enough to throw a hoedown or a square dance or two.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9552 on: December 18, 2015, 01:39:21 pm »

yes you can choreograph new dances but man I think only dwarves and slapping like points into just about all the bard skills out side of instrument skills will give you "choreograph" craft option.

I started as an outsider with no forms, and have been able to compose poetry and music. Possibly all I'm missing is Novice Dancer at least; I'm still at Dabbling now.

Wait, you saw npcs dancing?

Were they in a tavern? Lots of them, just a few? What type of site, was there a lot of room, what races?
This was in a human tavern, one that had only been sparsely populated before, so it surprised me to catch it in time to learn. It was kind of a narrow tavern, but there was enough floor space for 2 dancers, 3 musicians. I tried doing it in a packed keep with the lady, and jostling through to the next X without laying down on it was a struggle.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9553 on: December 18, 2015, 01:52:06 pm »

Hmmm, I can't figure out why I never find any dancing.

Though, has anyone had the experience where certain taverns seem to have certain activities going on more consistently than others at the same site?

I went into a big forest retreat capital and learned a new song and song type at one tavern, went over another tavern and grabbed a different song/same type, then a third tavern and learned a new song/type there, crashed while leaving.

Reloaded and went back to the first tavern, got the same song/type, went to the third tavern first and got the song/type I had learned before there, then the other one and got that song back, saved, and then traveled away without a crash that time.

Perhaps I need to hit every tavern in a town?

Only towns make taverns right, not hamlets?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9554 on: December 18, 2015, 01:56:44 pm »

funny thing about taverns I think they can pop up anywhere even in Fortress entrances like cish died right next to one.
or that I modded them so hard that they now pop up anywhere?
"body swapping and YOU!"
Pages: 1 ... 635 636 [637] 638 639 ... 1104