Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 631 632 [633] 634 635 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2105445 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #9480 on: December 16, 2015, 11:58:52 pm »

He drank a hammer.

Well, that's one way to get hammered. Most literal way short of a visit from the fortress executioner.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9481 on: December 17, 2015, 12:04:57 am »

oh so that's how elves consume corpses they drink them whole.
Apparently.

We got mugged shortly after this, like 9 or 10 bandits vs me and my 17 necrodancepires, three of whom are hopped up on balms of strength to boot.

After a short orgy of violence and one of my own getting her neck mangled I wrote a poem to heal her up and when we got re-ambushed the survivors RAN.

Wise move, my little bardgirl there was getting pretty close to just drinking all of their milkshakes.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #9482 on: December 17, 2015, 12:05:42 am »

Apparently.

We got mugged shortly after this, like 9 or 10 bandits vs me and my 17 necrodancepires, three of whom are hopped up on balms of strength to boot.

After a short orgy of violence and one of my own getting her neck mangled I wrote a poem to heal her up and when we got re-ambushed the survivors RAN.

Wise move, my little bardgirl there was getting pretty close to just drinking all of their milkshakes.

Bandits in this version are a lot more active.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9483 on: December 17, 2015, 12:10:14 am »

Now if only we had a reaction to turn NPCs into edible vermin... o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9484 on: December 17, 2015, 01:16:17 am »

Apparently.

Bandits in this version are a lot more active.
Proactive even, since you notice them accosting other people rather than waiting around for you like they did in 40.24.

Of all the people to pick out of my troupe though... I mean, they should probably have a sanity check in the first place:

if target.armor.steel.(full)==true
then if target.resemblance.prize_fighter >= .75 do
function:check(target,allies,number)
for k,v in ipairs(your.ass.is.grass) do
 fuck.it.all.just.run.away.fools

I mean, damn guys.

At least they decided that losing four or five of their number and doing nothing but bashing one of their foe in the neck before it got healed through the power of poetry... discretion is indeed the best part of valor.

I have to be careful though, with 17 allies and several of them approaching my own speedbuff level we can freeze the game really easily if we all focus on the same target.

I have to kinda move out of the pile and pick someone to avoid this.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9485 on: December 17, 2015, 08:05:39 am »

I was still spooked after that zombie giant tiger when I snuck into the nearby camp, but it turned out to be just typical bandit's who don't do any banditry. I found a nice book and chatted with the boss. I recited her a ribald little ditty I had composed, and she was so aroused by it that nothing I could do or say after would change her mood. I told her some stories and she still kept repeating how aroused she was.

You: How's life here?
Heju Mothroraquov, leader: Well, let's see...  we've got the fighting.
You: Tell me about the fighting.
Heju Mothroraquov, leader: I saw Nine Cageslid the Fingers of Age recite The Free Charcoal.  I am very aroused!
You: Goodbye.

But the next camp over, I smelt the dominant stench of Brimstone. I snuck into there to see a Squirrel Fiend in the trees. I had a chat with her for awhile, but no matter what I said she remained discontent about the nice items she had just equipped. Since she wasn't making a move toward me, I climbed up a few branches, and she started attacking me uselessly with her goblin nail earring, but before I could get my shield out she scratched one of my toes completely off. I should go back and get it; I don't think it can be re-attached, but it would make a nice trophy.  I dodged backward and let myself drop a few zlvls down, then sprinted the hell out of there.

But the attack gave me her true name so I could tell stories of her history, which included the location of her vault.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9486 on: December 17, 2015, 09:15:03 am »

so you fought squirrel girl and lost?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9487 on: December 17, 2015, 10:41:53 am »

so you fought squirrel girl and lost?
If you put it that way, then I'm in good company. And like a Marvel villain, I live to fight another day.

Comito

• Bay Watcher
  • Barrens chat scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9488 on: December 17, 2015, 11:09:18 am »

I made a roc man adventurer, as seen in the 'Largest flying animal man?' thread.

Had quite a bit of fun with him. Despite being, well, a roc, he wasn't insanely overpowered and was still fun to play.

Using the DF Wanderer mod, I managed to give him some armor appropriate for his size, as well as a steel greataxe which I decorated with alligator and griffin bone.

It was all going well, until I made the mistake of helping a human lasher fight a night freak. One lucky lash to the spine, and I realized what terrifying foes lashers are.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Needless to say, it wasn't going well for our feathered friend. Barely able to move, and with only the ability to bite left.
But that was all he needed.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

He managed to get the last laugh right before dying of suffocation. Not the most noble end, but at least he took away the lasher's chance to gloat.

Does that always happen, though? If you see someone getting attacked by a monster and go to help them, will they attack you too?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9489 on: December 17, 2015, 11:27:00 am »

Does that always happen, though? If you see someone getting attacked by a monster and go to help them, will they attack you too?

Given lashers are used exclusively by human and goblin civs, there's a 50% chance that you tried to help a goblin-raised bandit, who rewarded your assistance the same way that all dark fortress natives do. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #9490 on: December 17, 2015, 11:30:45 am »

People drinking anything you put in a mug is the greatest thing I've ever seen. I'm going to make a fort, make some gnomeblight, retire it, get the gnomeblight with an adventurer, find a gnome, feed it to the gnome, and laugh.

Or just find an evil biome with nasty rain and use that.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9491 on: December 17, 2015, 11:42:01 am »

Huehuehue. I think I'm going to test a thing then...

EDIT: Halp. I gave the local lord and guards mugs of barbed haze, but the mugs went straight to their coin pouches and/or quivers, and they aren't drinking it. ;w;
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 12:27:56 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9492 on: December 17, 2015, 12:49:05 pm »

so I got a game crash from trying to resurrect the human skeleton people, thus proves my point on the game spawning in Blank NPC bits.
found a woodcutter human skeleton lady resurrected her and ask her stuff.
shown her wonderful dance and now I got a skeleton lass that could have been a mummy in my band.
also I could retire there.
before all that I beat up a night troll and notice holly shit can this zombie knock folks around with punching.
so I punch the troll enough to scoop up a chest full of blood, and a mug.
oh crud the skeleton lady POOFS on me.
dang it I'm not having another TIPI on my hands.

nevermind she Literally Gone, I loaded up the save again and the skeleton lady is gone.

glad I took this screencap of the mummy but she vanished.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 12:51:42 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9493 on: December 17, 2015, 12:53:48 pm »

Well...derp. I changed the material template for barbed haze from plant extract to plant alcohol, and they immediately drank it on load.

Guess I gotta see what token specifically does this. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #9494 on: December 17, 2015, 01:15:32 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 631 632 [633] 634 635 ... 1104