Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 630 631 [632] 633 634 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2105442 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #9465 on: December 16, 2015, 11:06:47 am »

THEY STRAIGHT UP FUCKING DRANK THE BLOOD!

Well. Time to find some vomit to fill those mugs with, and see if they'll drink that.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9466 on: December 16, 2015, 11:11:13 am »

Might need to mix it with another drink, I didn't try full blood and sadly I ran out of blood since I was passing it out and the pool I had got all smeared everywhere.

I did pick up some probable vampire soldiers, a bard, and a tavern keeper though!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9467 on: December 16, 2015, 11:16:55 am »

Maybe. They did happily drink the blood straight, but you can also drink blood as-is without issue, because a waterskin full of dragon blood is manly as it gets.

So since I don't think you can drink vomit, it might prevent NPCs from drinking it too.

You can drink shoggoth slime though... X3
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #9468 on: December 16, 2015, 11:27:33 am »

Solon Dreammountain is dead. I was adventuring through a human hamlet and heard a band of criminals were harassing people on the road outside the hamlet. So I go over there to pick a fight, being the lawful chief medical dwarf that I am.

It was a band of ~6 orcs. They weren't immediately hostile, but kept hanging around me and moving to surround me, so I ran ahead of them and took a swing at one of the orcs on the fringe of the group. That got them all pissed at me, and I decided to make a run for it.

...but I quickly got tired and they caught up to me. I tried making a stand but one of them struck my foot and knocked me to the ground. I tried crawling away before asking for a cease to the hostilities. An orc hammerman replied "Never!" before splattering me head all over the grass with his warhammer.

Apparently according to legends I became chief medical dwarf of the fortress I started in in the same year I started playing him. Meaning I somehow got assigned the position while wandering through the fortress, I guess. I'm pretty sure I started out as a macedwarf profession.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9469 on: December 16, 2015, 11:50:27 am »

I seen companions straight up drink frozen blood.
so uhh my ressurection mod seems to hit a weird point in this goblin resident dwarf fort.
where goblin children keep getting murdered and springing back to life minding their own business.
so back into the main character body with knowledge that death just means playing a short game of quantum leap I go out in hopes of starting a trade of selling blood and bloodwater gonna grab some mugs and start bashing folks around with them till they crack open like a wine keg and scoop up a supply.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9470 on: December 16, 2015, 11:54:17 am »

So what happens if you kill someone more than once? Will they hate you even more for it? Or hell, can they hate you for killing them, or only for the hostilities they were aware of while still alive? o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9471 on: December 16, 2015, 12:12:08 pm »

So what happens if you kill someone more than once? Will they hate you even more for it? Or hell, can they hate you for killing them, or only for the hostilities they were aware of while still alive? o3o
yes
double yes
in the old days when you can resurrect folks those who died are the biggest quest givers of revenge.
they will mark down every time you assault them adding on top of the whole you just kill them bit.

when you get 2 resurrecting having units attack each other it's going to break out into a multi animated part war where they break each other apart.
it doesn't help that I set it up so that the reanimated units also can resurrect folks. good thing the solution to this is Magma, or butchering the body before anyone get any good ideas of resurrecting the person whole so they just become sentient skin or hair cells.
before I got the mugs this happen
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"body swapping and YOU!"

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9472 on: December 16, 2015, 02:07:09 pm »

Ah, you just had the resurrection interaction with the full restore huh.

So I got the urge to trim up the @ symbol I use for the recruits, with the adventurers switching to the racial graphics after getting a skill of some sort. Smoothed the corners and dammit, I'm proud of it because that shit looks good.

The Tavern Keeper there isn't my vampire dance buddy btw, that's the one who was working at this bar when we got here.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9473 on: December 16, 2015, 03:03:31 pm »

no full restore just resurrection with a mix of zombism, like you can take a beating up until the body gives out but then someone can prop you back up again.
though this means is anyone coming back is going to be alot stronger so more like I turn a dwarf into a Lich-singer

oh yeah the body you used to get your old body to join will still technically be apart of the group but as the leader so you can't ask them to leave or to join you end up with the adventure saying
"uhh I forgot what I Was going to say."

also you know that bit about when you kill someone all their clothes drop into a neat pile for you to pick up, and reanimating/resurrecting folks ignore all their items on the floor.
yeah that will be a problem. make sure to pick those up to give back to yourself.
I don't know if all the folks you body swap end up on the list of characters to play as in this version or not yet.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9474 on: December 16, 2015, 03:35:37 pm »

Hah, I'll let you play with that then.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9475 on: December 16, 2015, 06:33:53 pm »

Maximum derp. And...

Ahah. I found some painful workarounds for making skulls do stuff without completely fucking stuff up. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9476 on: December 16, 2015, 10:16:23 pm »

A zombie giant tiger was not something I had prepared for. I was approaching a bandit camp, and should have known better, but didn't quite connect the smell of death with it. My elvish guide had been pretty badass up to now, getting all the kills while I toyed around wrestling. Her iron spear didn't serve her for long, and as an elf she had probably had no experience fighting any animals, and it pawed her head off half a minute after she congratulated herself for getting better at fighting.

My best weapon skill was high master swordsman, but an iron shortsword still couldn't make any progress against it. Fortunately I had a masterwork silver pike that I snatched away from warlord, literally, but I'd only used it against him. I had to learn to use it quickly, because I'd been taking sleep in 3-hour doses and wasn't sure how long before drowsy again. I felt like a matador, dodging around it and poking at it until I finally broke off one of it's legs. It switched to grabbing, but it wasn't as good at that as I was at dodging, and I could at least get some breather distance every time I got Tired.

I didn't have to learn that much pike; enough skull stabbings and I got one lucky shot in the eye to take him down. This necro-bandit is pretty brilliant; zombies are already marathon battles, and small army of these are enough to wreck any settlement short of a fortress.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9477 on: December 16, 2015, 10:20:17 pm »

Ok the Necrodancepire army scares me shitless. Just watched them fucking mangle an Ettin, went to upgrade the pikeman to a better weapon but he wouldn't take it for his spear by itself so I tossed in some jewelry... still no go?

Ok, how about a yeti skull goblet?

Damn, really, ok, what about one of the steel toys I grabbed for the kids? Oh, good... it worked!

Now to wait for him to drop the extra...

...wait... I didn't read that right did I? It looked like it said he drank the toy, my eyes must be fucking with me...

Oh god I did read it right... well that's silly, but I guess that's just the message you get when they drop stuff alongside a goblet?

...but uh... where did it go?

He doesn't have it in his inventory... it isn't laying on the ground.

He actually drank a fucking steel toy hammer.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

...I am in stunned.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9478 on: December 16, 2015, 11:16:49 pm »

Heh, I wanted to see if they actually ate it or just glitched out and it disappeared.

Since we all just ripped an Ettin apart and there are 3 extra chunks of heart laying there besides the two I need (one to eat, one for the combined balm of power) I gave them to some of the group.

They were average in size before, and now are incredibly muscular after "drinking" those balms of strength... so, that's a thing you can do now guys.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9479 on: December 16, 2015, 11:17:52 pm »

oh so that's how elves consume corpses they drink them whole.
"body swapping and YOU!"
Pages: 1 ... 630 631 [632] 633 634 ... 1104