Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 622 623 [624] 625 626 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095517 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #9345 on: December 12, 2015, 01:33:33 pm »

(every so often it hits me, we can just bust out sick dance moves in inappropriate situations, Toady, when will funeral processions be a thing?)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9346 on: December 12, 2015, 01:41:34 pm »

The best kind of dance is a war dance made prior to murdering the audience. o3o

EDIT: And I continue to giggle at asking the local lord for permission to stay overnight, then immediately nodding off mid-conversation.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 01:53:41 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #9347 on: December 12, 2015, 03:22:15 pm »

My guy is  a bard by profession, who has spent weeks as an entertainer for the local lord... then some bandits decide to try to rob me at night in the streets..they made a terrible mistake

(same char ive been playing for awhile)

I was the "official performer" for a village (as I stated a couple days ago), however, I decided I wanted to hit the big time, so I left, with a guard to go to the nearest city, we were ambushed by bandits on the way there, and this happened. They killed my guard.

I was able to defeat them and scare off the last one..and now off to play music.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 03:45:41 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9348 on: December 12, 2015, 03:26:26 pm »

Well. I'm sadbold now. Can't recruit some local kobold bandits to follow me. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9349 on: December 12, 2015, 04:04:05 pm »

I started an adventure in my modded world. There isn't really much fighting in this world so the towns are huge, and have surprisingly very little lag, I decide to conquer the town and rule over it, after killing whoever was in charge and the soldiers who attacked me I decided to make whoever didn't hate me my hearthpersons, quite a few of them ended up turning on me but I did get a few who still like me.

Unsurprisingly a majority of the people living in the town hate me, a few even decided to attack me, I cannot tolerate this so I kill them. A few days later there was an insurrection against me, over 2 dozen soldiers come in one after the other attempting to kill me eventually they all died. Occasionally another insurrection will come along but none of them have been as big as the first one.

I saw a bit of a conversation between two people, one was talking about when I rose to power and the person he was talking to who I assume is one of my hearthpersons said "We are right in all that matters." I liked that. c:
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #9350 on: December 12, 2015, 04:06:42 pm »

I started an adventure in my modded world. There isn't really much fighting in this world so the towns are huge, and have surprisingly very little lag, I decide to conquer the town and rule over it, after killing whoever was in charge and the soldiers who attacked me I decided to make whoever didn't hate me my hearthpersons, quite a few of them ended up turning on me but I did get a few who still like me.

Unsurprisingly a majority of the people living in the town hate me, a few even decided to attack me, I cannot tolerate this so I kill them. A few days later there was an insurrection against me, over 2 dozen soldiers come in one after the other attempting to kill me eventually they all died. Occasionally another insurrection will come along but none of them have been as big as the first one.

I saw a bit of a conversation between two people, one was talking about when I rose to power and the person he was talking to who I assume is one of my hearthpersons said "We are right in all that matters." I liked that. c:

Give that guy a reward!
Like some gold coins.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9351 on: December 12, 2015, 04:37:14 pm »

Whee. Dingos fucked me up while trying to sleep. Made it out fine, but one hand is now scarred to the point of losing the ability to grasp.

EDIT: Became a vamp, trying to sort out the location of the tower. A goblin bandit and dwarven recruit ambushed me right outside a mead hall, leading to the lady consort and two poets running outside after I "dealt" with them.

Also, dare I ask WHY is the elven poet naked?

EDIT 2: Okay, the lady consort was also naked. Must've been one hell of a party.

EDIT 3: One hell of a party where two more humans and a goblin dancer (who's gone no-quarter on seeing me) are also cavorting about in the nude.

EDIT 4: Nothing but human and elven poets, only 2 of which were clothed, one naked lady consort, a hostile naked goblin dancer, and one hostile human swordsman. Did barter a couple useless books from them though.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 07:20:51 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9352 on: December 12, 2015, 07:41:26 pm »

Whee. Dingos fucked me up while trying to sleep. Made it out fine, but one hand is now scarred to the point of losing the ability to grasp.

EDIT: Became a vamp, trying to sort out the location of the tower. A goblin bandit and dwarven recruit ambushed me right outside a mead hall, leading to the lady consort and two poets running outside after I "dealt" with them.

Also, dare I ask WHY is the elven poet naked?

EDIT 2: Okay, the lady consort was also naked. Must've been one hell of a party.

EDIT 3: One hell of a party where two more humans and a goblin dancer (who's gone no-quarter on seeing me) are also cavorting about in the nude.

EDIT 4: Nothing but human and elven poets, only 2 of which were clothed, one naked lady consort, a hostile naked goblin dancer, and one hostile human swordsman. Did barter a couple useless books from them though.
Someone else mentioned a troupe of naked Elven performers. I wonder what's up with that.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9353 on: December 12, 2015, 07:44:41 pm »

Someone else mentioned a troupe of naked Elven performers. I wonder what's up with that.

They are elves. What do you expect of them...

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9354 on: December 12, 2015, 08:02:28 pm »

You walk into a room, piles and piles of bodies everywhere, all nude, writhing around and stabbing each other.

Mostly scholars and poets and historians, there are several children playing make-believe, and a decapitated goblin... sorry, two decapitated goblins.

Smells like a library!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9355 on: December 12, 2015, 08:09:53 pm »

So. Are necromancers supposed to not be hostile to vampire kobolds? Because I suspect I can fucking join these guys.

EDIT: I could become a performer for them, but not join them. I'll have to test whether I can claim ownership of the tower. Also? muahahah.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 08:16:56 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9356 on: December 12, 2015, 08:24:55 pm »

You're not living anymore. One of my megabeast buffs does that too and then I can just stroll in and chat with necromancers in a pile of zombies.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9357 on: December 12, 2015, 08:44:58 pm »

I expected the zombies to no longer hate me, but the necromancers ignoring me was unexpected. >.<
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Bloodl1ke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9358 on: December 12, 2015, 08:57:54 pm »

I got ambushed by a human with a lash. Managed to spear stab him until he fell on the ground. Afterwards I wrestled his lash away and broke his nose. I left him to flee after he refused to surrender his socks to me.

Then I got myself into a No Quarter fight with a dwarven lord. I think it was the fact I had my weapons drawn when I approached him. Though I did try to put them away, as well as yield. It was a good fist fight with him until he got so tired and fell down. I broke his shoulder. It seems like a good non-lethal way to end a fight.

Afterwards I watched a dwarf markswoman shoot some goblin in a tavern. I asked her if she wants to join me on an adventure, but she laughed at my proposal. Apparently beating someone up helps persuade them into adventuring. Now I can finally sleep outside of towns and could perhaps travel further.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #9359 on: December 12, 2015, 09:51:21 pm »

So. Are necromancers supposed to not be hostile to vampire kobolds? Because I suspect I can fucking join these guys.

EDIT: I could become a performer for them, but not join them. I'll have to test whether I can claim ownership of the tower. Also? muahahah.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Necros seem so lonely now. All those friends and nobody to talk to. ;__;
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 622 623 [624] 625 626 ... 1104