Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 612 613 [614] 615 616 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095875 times)

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #9195 on: December 08, 2015, 08:38:07 am »

I'm with a demigod swordman adventurer. This world I genned in 0.42.01 is pretty fun and these new versions are the first that made me want to play in a single world, instread of genning a new one every play.

There are few towers in the world but in the part I am there is one very active. A fortress of mine already felled to it and my adventurer reached another that was overrun by then. There are still some dwarves alive but they are too stupid to run for safety and are being killed by the undead. I am trying to clean the undead to see if the fortress will change from ruin to active. Didn't find the necromancer yet (if he is still there).

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9196 on: December 08, 2015, 10:31:03 am »

Omg, such a cool story... My last super-strong warrior died from trying to pass a frozen sea and the water thawed on his feet.

Ah, my last vampire warrior died shamefully as well... Killed by boogeymans.

Ah, no worries, it always happens. Hell, I think my first adventurers universally died to bandits, wolves, pissing off townspeople, or not learning how to swim.

Though that is why I tend to disable boogymen in advanced worldgen. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Anonymax

• Bay Watcher
  • Rated "D" For Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9197 on: December 08, 2015, 11:33:56 am »

i stopped playing an adventurer because he was OP, a human vampire lasher wearing a mithril (mod) armor (which basically made you invincible)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9198 on: December 08, 2015, 11:59:38 am »

Made a world with the humans having knowledge values/dorfs not valuing it to see more libraries right?

Checked legends, there are two towns, figured it was likely that there would be one after a couple hundred years right?

The True Vault huh, in Rinsedflies... that's an odd name for a human town.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Best library ever.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9199 on: December 08, 2015, 01:52:32 pm »

So, I made myself a Monster Island. Soon discovered I accidentally gave minotaurs teeth made out of nothing, and dragon scales are Scale for some reason. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

YHVH

• Bay Watcher
  • Batshit Insane God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9200 on: December 08, 2015, 01:57:23 pm »

Swimming in the sewers. I hate the sewers.
So, now I have a moat filled with magma AND patrolled by ghosts. It is quite nice actually.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #9201 on: December 08, 2015, 02:10:54 pm »

I still have to find a library in a town. Seen a few in Fortresses for the few seconds I could stand being there, due to ludicrous lag.

Still, had some nice moments recently.

I want to make a separate adventurer named Donald Trump who only fights with coins.

Brutality! Kotal Kahn wins! Flawless Victory! "Your sacrifice honors me!"

I killed an ettin on and later on recounted the story to some people at a tavern...for whatever reason my adventurer was stumbling over the details of his own killing. I think they might have ADD- oh hey a housefly.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9202 on: December 08, 2015, 02:13:30 pm »

Iron macuahuitl. Such derp. o3o

So, hmm. If I added a knowledge definition to humans, without removing the "randomize all values" token, would it randomize everything EXCEPT knowledge?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #9203 on: December 08, 2015, 02:25:15 pm »

So, hmm. If I added a knowledge definition to humans, without removing the "randomize all values" token, would it randomize everything EXCEPT knowledge?

Aside from obsidian ones I can't have them out of multiple materials, unfortunately, due to how weapon raws work right now. Just imagine it's the same general shape but made wholly out of a metal.

Also what token is that? Wasn't aware their values were fully randomized.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9204 on: December 08, 2015, 04:05:29 pm »

So, I made myself a Monster Island. Soon discovered I accidentally gave minotaurs teeth made out of nothing, and dragon scales are Scale for some reason. :V
That reminds me, it turned out that the region I was adventuring in yesterday, with hordes of night creatures marauding across the land, was actually an island. Quite a small one, actually, compared to the mainland which IIRC was at least ten times or more the size of it.

Probably explains why there were so many night creatures and vampires just running about everywhere!
Crazy to think how isolated that place was, when it seemed so large- and of course my adventurers had no knowledge of the outside world so I kinda just thought it was the entire map, haha. I must have had size on medium at least when I genned it...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9205 on: December 08, 2015, 05:01:59 pm »

Just imagine it's the same general shape but made wholly out of a metal.

Sort of like a miniature Kanabō then?  Except with blades instead of spikes?

If you have access to metallurgy, the weapons made in that formfactor are usually swords or maces.  But hey, its fantasy.  why not.

Nullsrc

• Bay Watcher
  • A Euclidean Plane Crash
    • View Profile
« Reply #9206 on: December 08, 2015, 05:14:57 pm »

You guys are doing all of these awesome things... and all I managed to do was kill a jaguar. :/

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9207 on: December 08, 2015, 05:46:46 pm »

Seems that way.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9208 on: December 08, 2015, 06:06:15 pm »

Elephant Seal Man starts life in a large hamlet, and performs some truly awful songs.  He masses 1500 kilos, so no one says anything negative about the performance.  Neither does anyone point out any problems of him wearing socks and sandals at the same time.  The local bard politely declines to join a performing group with ESM.

After getting a little drunk and shouting out a quick prayer to his god, ESM takes a walk through the local temple and encounters some sort of Goblin 'Master' starting fights.  ESM gut-punches him once and then tries to talk him down, but a spearman runs the goblin through while he is vomiting and ends the scuffle.

Spearman mentions a group of bandits whom have taken over some hillocks, so ESM enlists his aid and that of a local speardwarf to go end the bandits.

Long journey short, SM and ESM arrive at the hillocks alive, though SM is missing some minor parts. 

ESM is not very good at chasing down fleeing Gobbos, as his sprint speed is more of a sprint-schlump, or exactly what you would expect from an elephant seal.  Eventually, ESM and SM clean out the place, including a Dwarven metalsmith who was leading the Goblins.

Immediately after killing the metalsmith, the spearman declares herself to be Baroness of the hillocks.  It was a sort of double-reveal, as I had not realized spearman was a spearwoman until that moment.

Not entirely sure how that worked out, we were not in a formal group and had not laid claim... Maybe SM brought the place up in conversation initially, because of a hereditary tie?

YHVH

• Bay Watcher
  • Batshit Insane God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9209 on: December 08, 2015, 06:18:28 pm »

Elephant Seal Man starts life in a large hamlet, and performs some truly awful songs.  He masses 1500 kilos, so no one says anything negative about the performance.  Neither does anyone point out any problems of him wearing socks and sandals at the same time.  The local bard politely declines to join a performing group with ESM.

After getting a little drunk and shouting out a quick prayer to his god, ESM takes a walk through the local temple and encounters some sort of Goblin 'Master' starting fights.  ESM gut-punches him once and then tries to talk him down, but a spearman runs the goblin through while he is vomiting and ends the scuffle.

Spearman mentions a group of bandits whom have taken over some hillocks, so ESM enlists his aid and that of a local speardwarf to go end the bandits.

Long journey short, SM and ESM arrive at the hillocks alive, though SM is missing some minor parts. 

ESM is not very good at chasing down fleeing Gobbos, as his sprint speed is more of a sprint-schlump, or exactly what you would expect from an elephant seal.  Eventually, ESM and SM clean out the place, including a Dwarven metalsmith who was leading the Goblins.

Immediately after killing the metalsmith, the spearman declares herself to be Baroness of the hillocks.  It was a sort of double-reveal, as I had not realized spearman was a spearwoman until that moment.

Not entirely sure how that worked out, we were not in a formal group and had not laid claim... Maybe SM brought the place up in conversation initially, because of a hereditary tie?
Reminds me of the guy on r/dwarffortress who had a giant tortoise man which specialized in wrestling. Said GTM became a vampire.
So, now I have a moat filled with magma AND patrolled by ghosts. It is quite nice actually.
Pages: 1 ... 612 613 [614] 615 616 ... 1104