Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 611 612 [613] 614 615 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095945 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #9180 on: December 07, 2015, 09:09:56 pm »

Finally got a world to gen, took a look through Legends, and I just discovered the most badass god I can remember seeing, ever.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I definitely intend to make an adventurer worshipping her.
Shame there aren't many ways of spreading disease... maybe I can stab people in the extremities then rub dung in their wounds.
1. Stab people in the guts.
2. Stagnation also praises Ukla. Destroy books and places of learning.
3. Spread horrible syndromes gathered from evil biomes.
If you could create a venomous animal man adventurer that would be even better.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9181 on: December 07, 2015, 09:11:41 pm »

Finally got a world to gen, took a look through Legends, and I just discovered the most badass god I can remember seeing, ever.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I definitely intend to make an adventurer worshipping her.
Shame there aren't many ways of spreading disease... maybe I can stab people in the extremities then rub dung in their wounds.

Use the Adventurecraft method of extracting venom into contact poison? X3
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9182 on: December 07, 2015, 09:17:56 pm »

1. Stab people in the guts.
2. Stagnation also praises Ukla. Destroy books and places of learning.
3. Spread horrible syndromes gathered from evil biomes.
If you could create a venomous animal man adventurer that would be even better.
I will certainly take these ideas on board! (Except maybe the books, since I might want to dump those in a fortress later on.)

Use the Adventurecraft method of extracting venom into contact poison? X3
That does sound pretty nifty... how much of a pain in the rear is it to install that mod?

So far all I've done is recruited a couple of elves with dancing skills whilst running around in circles "dancing".
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

YHVH

• Bay Watcher
  • Batshit Insane God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9183 on: December 07, 2015, 09:18:08 pm »

I'm still with my human vampire swordsman. 98 notable kills and counting. No injuries thus far.
So, now I have a moat filled with magma AND patrolled by ghosts. It is quite nice actually.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9184 on: December 07, 2015, 09:25:23 pm »

That does sound pretty nifty... how much of a pain in the rear is it to install that mod?

If you're using it with other mods, a clusterfuck. You've have to run through every venomous monster monster and add the required changes (adds a "venom sac" tool as an EBO, defines the material to use for the venom sac, adds a contact version of the venom).

Just the mod by itself is literally just a raw folder replacement. :V

I'm still with my human vampire swordsman. 98 notable kills and counting. No injuries thus far.

Same deal with my kobold vampire swordswoman. >_>
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9185 on: December 07, 2015, 10:02:23 pm »

For all their bizarre habits and murderous impulses (one of my companions was brutally murdered by a commander in the fortress I started my adventure in, who I then stabbed in the head), the elves of Heavyecho are excellent musicians.

I will have a great little troupe in no time! Now, to write some songs in praise of Ukla...
Booze is Life for Yoink

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9186 on: December 08, 2015, 01:30:05 am »

Dude! I didn't even exist until like a minute ago, what did I do to deserve this treatment?! ;_;
to be fair the game states your character lived in that site for quite some time and knows most of the people as long as they were born.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9187 on: December 08, 2015, 02:14:23 am »

Yeah, it's just the first time I've seen this.
I'm always discovering more cool things that came in with DF2015. :)
Also for some reason my current adventurer is pretty badass, despite me splitting his skills and attributes between peace and war.
I've killed a few of the many marauding night creatures so far, and haven't even lost any members of my troupe- although two are crippled. Ugh. No more dancing for them I suppose. Maybe they can learn to dance on their hands, or we can interpret a trapeze act into our performances...
Booze is Life for Yoink

Luizx_

• Bay Watcher
  • Totally normal person...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9188 on: December 08, 2015, 03:29:56 am »

First time I ever cut a vampire in half. Damn son...

Btw this is my first post so, hi guys!  :D
Shut up Mom! I'm trying to decapitate some goblins here!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9189 on: December 08, 2015, 03:52:57 am »

Welcome!

...Anyway, my rather-quite-successful adventure died in most unfortunate circumstances.
I was travelling through a human hamlet, telling the tale of the night creatures I had slain recently, when I came upon a group of elven soldiers seemingly stationed there. I greeted one of them and had a brief chat, then launched into a musical number of my own composition. Shockingly, these barbaric types (most likely bandits or somesuch, I suppose) decided to attack my troupe!

They didn't attack me personally, but I couldn't let such horridness go unanswered.
So out came my sword and shield and I lunged at the nearest of them, but even as I did so an arrow struck me in the chest.
As I had not found any fitting armour- alas, despite my civilization consisting mostly of elves, it seems we exclusively craft armour in human sizes- it struck deep, puncturing my heart.

Knowing I was mortally wounded I went into a frenzy of battle.
The axeman I had already crippled with the first strike of my sword was swiftly beheaded, and then I moved onto a crossbowman as my (somewhat) battle-hardened troupe struck down two more. I stabbed him in the chest and one of my companions lopped off his head whilst he was distracted. I managed to disembowel the last of them, the very bowman who had shot me, and then decapitate him as well.

After that, feeling panic as my life sapped away, I spent my last moments dancing my favourite jig.
At least now I am reunited with Ukla.

Thus ended the adventures of Zosi Shamsigbekat Hehan Nubi, "Zosi Sicknessfells the Emerald of Allegiance".
Booze is Life for Yoink

Luizx_

• Bay Watcher
  • Totally normal person...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9190 on: December 08, 2015, 04:11:22 am »

Omg, such a cool story... My last super-strong warrior died from trying to pass a frozen sea and the water thawed on his feet.

Ah, my last vampire warrior died shamefully as well... Killed by boogeymans.
Shut up Mom! I'm trying to decapitate some goblins here!

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9191 on: December 08, 2015, 04:34:43 am »

-good story snip-

I actually had something very similar happen to me in... 0.40.16, I think. I was travelling at night, and had succeeded in getting all my companions killed, so the boogeymen were after me. Somehow managed to get into a village in realtime-travel mode without being badly injured, found the first house, slammed the door, and find the building is, in addition to the normal populace, full of elven weapon masters.
 I greeted them, asked why the devil they're sitting around in a human town, talk to the locals, and then they randomly start murdering everybody.  Being a whip sawnoff-railgun-wielding vampire in metal armor, I proceeded to kill most of them, allowing a few to escape, and, having slept through the night, walk outside to encounter the last remaining member of the group, who greets me politely, allows a pleasant conversation, and runs off into the wilderness.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9192 on: December 08, 2015, 06:33:33 am »

Omg, such a cool story... My last super-strong warrior died from trying to pass a frozen sea and the water thawed on his feet.

Ah, my last vampire warrior died shamefully as well... Killed by boogeymans.
Oh, believe me, I know how that feels, haha. I was glad this guy actually died to something cool!

Now I have created another worshipper of Ukla, tasked with retrieving Zosi's longsword from where he fell that it might be kept and treasured.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9193 on: December 08, 2015, 07:03:19 am »

My musicain scorpionman was stop by to perform at local tavern in human town, I was doing quite well and everyone were enjoying themself, the goblin bar keeper even comment that "it is good wheb everyone get along"

Suddenly, 8 human skelatons just casually walk into the tavern and start killing everybody. :o

I try to run away, but turn out wielding 3 swords and 4 shields wasn't the best idea after all.  ::)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9194 on: December 08, 2015, 07:51:30 am »

Now I have created another worshipper of Ukla, tasked with retrieving Zosi's longsword from where he fell that it might be kept and treasured.
It took a few attempts, with the less strong or devout falling to the many perils as they attempted to follow Zosi's path, but finally we have succeeded.
Now Bakal Disgustclouted has taken up the sacred blade and is working to wipe out the remaining members of the bandit gang that slew Zosi.
...Actually I have no idea if they're part of the same group, but there are new bandits in the same hamlet. Apparently they are a patrol from a larger group- I learned this from Zosi's old troupe, who are still taking shelter in a nearby house and who allowed Bakal to officially join the Buttery Bushels. (Yeah, if I'd thought of it at the time I probably would have savescummed 'til I got a name that was more plague-related... >.>))

Might as well kill 'em anyway! Or I guess I could check legends to see if they are the same group. Hmm.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 611 612 [613] 614 615 ... 1104