Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 610 611 [612] 613 614 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2096008 times)

Omniao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #9165 on: December 07, 2015, 06:02:39 pm »

ugh,  tried playing as a sentient animal-man, for some reason i always die instantly, no matter what skills I have invested in. Either they're frailer than humans or dwarves, or they probably just spawn with weaker equipment. Either way, I gotta  practice a bit before I do an animal run.

Also, anyone figure out a way to see the relationships between you and others? I keep going to the log, but it doesnt tell me if I'm related  biologically or ancestrally to the farmer I spawned next to who i've "known my entire life."

They are usually MUCH MUCH smaller then their human counterparts and therefore easy to kill, for example according to the raws, adult rodent men are the size of a dwarven baby.
It is extremely tiny.

That probably explains it.

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9166 on: December 07, 2015, 06:22:12 pm »

Since all I did was a little bit of brawling everyone is on my side. :D

Sometimes, even if you kill someone, this doesn't lead to mayhem.
Travelled to a library in a human town.
Read a book about the phases of the moon.
And afterwards told a story about said book.
Amidst the recitation four scholars drew their knives and attacked me (scientific discourse in the world of DF really is a matter of life and death, it seems).

One of them never reached me, as a chemist stabbed him in his head and killed him outright (this chemist probably supported the idea written down).
The other ones engaged me and I dodged their attacks out of the building.
A lady consort joined the fray from a tavern (all of them were "no-quarter" and happily tried to kill me).
To avoid slashing them I tried to wrestle and gain their weapons to punch them unconscious afterwards.
In one case I succeeded, but as soon as one of them cut my arm (and therefore lost the ability to grab something with my right hand), I thought "Fuck it!" and drew my sword.
I beheaded an astronom, while strangling the lady consort who passed out; severed the left hand and right arm of a scholar who soon bled to death (this bugger kept biting me until he dropped) and crushed the upper spine of the mathematician. He fell unconscious.

As soon as the lady consort and the remaining white-haired scholar awoke I forced them to yield and the harsh debate about moon phases was over.
Two dead scholars - and all of the people in the library didn't even thought that I was a murderer or troublemaker. They were pleased to talk to me.

On the contrary:
As I attacked a vampire in this library (he didn't give something about being accused - the old bug since 0.40) all of the scholars turned "lethal" and happily jumped on me. Maybe they thought this vampire to be their little laboratory rat which they wanted to examine? Weird folks.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9167 on: December 07, 2015, 06:53:18 pm »

I'm not picking a fight in a library, too many people targeting the same thing as I do has a nasty habit of freezing the game... plus, these motherfuckers are hardcore.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I didn't do anything there btw, they were just murdering each other when I got there. Fucking bodies raining down the ramps and slamming into ones below, people dodging the falling bodies and falling on other people, a rolling mass of tumbling barfing bleeding limbs and knives and books and sweat.

I love it so much.

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9168 on: December 07, 2015, 06:58:01 pm »

I'm not picking a fight in a library, too many people targeting the same thing as I do has a nasty habit of freezing the game... plus, these motherfuckers are hardcore.

I didn't do anything there btw, they were just murdering each other when I got there. Fucking bodies raining down the ramps and slamming into ones below, people dodging the falling bodies and falling on other people, a rolling mass of tumbling barfing bleeding limbs and knives and books and sweat.

I love it so much.
That seems like a refreshing change from 40.24.
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #9169 on: December 07, 2015, 07:00:00 pm »

I love it so much.
That seems like a refreshing change from 40.24.

Yeah morale is alot better and peopel are more aggressive, also sieges pathfinding is fixed.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9170 on: December 07, 2015, 07:06:08 pm »

I just can't die, it seems. -w-
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9171 on: December 07, 2015, 07:13:38 pm »

This one I thought endless times in various runs.
Until I met a zombie kea...

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #9172 on: December 07, 2015, 07:15:13 pm »

So I think I've become a metal cover.
I started off by toppling a statue, causing a god to transform me into my modded wrath demon (giant, grotesquely muscular humanoid with magma for blood).

I went to the local forest retreat, started grabbing people with all of my limbs. Due to my body temperature being, well, incredibly hot, it resulted in quick death.

Then it started raining. Each step I took resulted in a "you're caught in a burst/cloud of steam".

Picture this in your mind. An incredibly muscular, naked giant is walking through the woods, magma glowing from his bulging veins, during a heavy downpour at night, covered in a perpetual cloud of steam.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9173 on: December 07, 2015, 07:18:56 pm »

This one I thought endless times in various runs.
Until I met a zombie kea...

Sadly there are no necromancers in my realm, it seems. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #9174 on: December 07, 2015, 07:40:43 pm »

cross posting from 42.02 adventure thread

In a hillocks I was in, killed the mayor and was then elected mayor :P
(sadly i was killed very shortly afterwards by this jerk "erol" (who I later assassinated with another adventurer... so i am not sure what being the mayor *actually* entails other then a cool title.

The deathangels are a group i created in that hillocks with another adventurer if you are curious.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9175 on: December 07, 2015, 08:45:44 pm »

Finally got a world to gen, took a look through Legends, and I just discovered the most badass god I can remember seeing, ever.

I definitely intend to make an adventurer worshipping her.
Shame there aren't many ways of spreading disease... maybe I can stab people in the extremities then rub dung in their wounds.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9176 on: December 07, 2015, 08:53:08 pm »

Finally got a world to gen, took a look through Legends, and I just discovered the most badass god I can remember seeing, ever.

I definitely intend to make an adventurer worshipping her.
Shame there aren't many ways of spreading disease... maybe I can stab people in the extremities then rub dung in their wounds.
find a EVIL biome walk in that become a UKla champion. mama Ukla loves all.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9177 on: December 07, 2015, 09:02:16 pm »

Yesss... excellent idea.

This civilization is already turning out to be very strange, though. It's a human civ, but I couldn't start as a human, only an elf. I have only seen one human so far a lawgiver, and just now a hammerlord (which is in itself a rare sight!) spat at the elven lady in the same fort... I'm not sure what's going on here.

Edit: Oh, and whenever I ask for directions people direct me to some goblin in the sewers. Helpful. -_-
Booze is Life for Yoink

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9178 on: December 07, 2015, 09:02:54 pm »

mama Ukla loves all.

I see what you did there...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9179 on: December 07, 2015, 09:05:11 pm »

Dude! I didn't even exist until like a minute ago, what did I do to deserve this treatment?! ;_;
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 610 611 [612] 613 614 ... 1104