Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 606 607 [608] 609 610 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2096104 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #9105 on: December 07, 2015, 12:05:02 am »

No, I've seen in a lot of places that necrotowers don't seem to show up recently, and they can be fairly rare to begin with.

Where should I start lookin'?

(North, East, South, West)

As far as I can tell, any towers that exist will always be visible as an "I" on the map-screen you have there.  They're just not very common.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Earwig

• Bay Watcher
  • the Awe-Inspiring Distraction
    • View Profile
« Reply #9106 on: December 07, 2015, 02:12:51 am »

So are children signified as blinking pink quotation marks? Because I totally mistook a kid for a night creature and didn't believe her when she swore she wasn't. I bit her a bunch (brown recluse spider man) before she punched me into submission and ran away. I am good with children.
Like my story of Vanod wandering through Monster Island?

Please vote for it to be included in the Hall of Legends!

And please enjoy my grumpy guest appearance (Enir Twigappears) in the awesome The Littlest Cheesemaker story by evictedSaint!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9107 on: December 07, 2015, 02:19:14 am »

So are children signified as blinking pink quotation marks? Because I totally mistook a kid for a night creature and didn't believe her when she swore she wasn't. I bit her a bunch (brown recluse spider man) before she punched me into submission and ran away. I am good with children.

It means they're playing make-believe. A similar effect you'll sometimes see is a blue quote mark when someone's doing storytelling.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Earwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9108 on: December 07, 2015, 02:33:46 am »

I figured once I was on another adventurer, yeah. Maybe my character just doesn't like imagination.

And please enjoy my grumpy guest appearance (Enir Twigappears) in the awesome The Littlest Cheesemaker story by evictedSaint!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9109 on: December 07, 2015, 02:57:51 am »

An evil brown recluse spider man who attacks children who play make-believe? I'd believe it.

I started another elf adventurer, and after a couple kills, and losing the use of his right hand, I came to a tavern to recuperate and found that everything is free. I am, of course a hearthperson of the lady of the town, but a handful of dangerous beasts under your belt can't be anything less than impressive.

So then while waiting in the inn, an asterisk approaches. It's a human spearwoman come to rob people, I guess. She interrupted my party time, so I walk outside and confront her. She attacks me, the fight being lethal form the get-go. I take one swing at her neck, pulverizing it, and as she lay there slowly suffocating I interrogated her. She's a lieutenant of Kisath, the new master of the Fatal Obstacles, the bandit group my previous adventurer had largely slaughtered. Since she STILL wanted a fight, I beat her up while she suffocated.

Tomorrow, we set out for Climaxblotted and put the rest of these bastards in the grave.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9110 on: December 07, 2015, 03:40:55 am »

so you can throw and spit at folks while performing. also sleep, and talk.
amused at the idea of being in a slowdance and passing out in the middle of it.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Earwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9111 on: December 07, 2015, 04:55:29 am »

I love that you can perform while in combat. I grabbed a bandit leader by the leg while I told him the story of how I rose to power and took his site from him. He couldn't break my deathgrip on his leg, so he punched me through my entire performance before pausing and going, "It was very interesting." about my story. Thanks, guy.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9112 on: December 07, 2015, 05:26:14 am »

gonna try putting someone in a headlock then recite a poem about someone next.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Nullsrc

• Bay Watcher
  • A Euclidean Plane Crash
    • View Profile
« Reply #9113 on: December 07, 2015, 07:48:26 am »

I managed to kill a Minotaur. Got lucky in the first few seconds of the fight and stabbed him in the neck. He fell down (apparently on top of my companion) and I spent another thirty or so attacks trying to actually kill him. Emerged with a pair of Minotaur horns.

I also prefer to imagine that my adventurer was making Link sounds while he did the killing.
*Distant sound of truly frantic slashing and stabbing* "Hah ha yeeaaah! Hah heh yeeaaah!"

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9114 on: December 07, 2015, 09:27:21 am »

I love that you can perform while in combat. I grabbed a bandit leader by the leg while I told him the story of how I rose to power and took his site from him. He couldn't break my deathgrip on his leg, so he punched me through my entire performance before pausing and going, "It was very interesting." about my story. Thanks, guy.
I kept having a kid chasing me while I was dancing, and it was one of those partner ones like:

X
-- X
|
V
__X
X

So then the kid gets in the way
||
v
__X
U X <- me

So rather than punch them to death I just ran a loop around the room briefly and came back to dance.

If I approached from the right direction then the kid just kinda followed us around as we spun before we overtook them and I had to repeat the loop.

Ended up with a human bowman and a dorf spearman chasing me before I finished the dance.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9115 on: December 07, 2015, 09:46:29 am »

also you can take any item out, do any adventure mode reactions as well so...
if you have any custom fireball spells you want to activate.
though this means one could carry a bunch of corpses get into a dance then before the coda kicks in resurrect everyone in your backpack for a surprise.
sadly I think the zombies would murder everyone and not join in the dance unless you modded them to do so.
"body swapping and YOU!"

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #9116 on: December 07, 2015, 10:45:51 am »

I don't think zombies can join in if they can't speak.

I made zombies that could speak in the previous version, but they can't seem to talk anymore in this version.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9117 on: December 07, 2015, 10:59:48 am »

so uhh in a test to get my spider-lady/necromancer registered to a dwarf fort I found out the main reason the place is loaded with named citizen crundles.
some how during my fort mode build of the site there was a cave in underground. which I guess open up a bunch of cavern people and lead to some crundles to kill off drone ant people.
doing so lead to them getting famous and citizenship.
so now I got a single spider lady trying to join a fort that a bunch of crundles did before her.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9118 on: December 07, 2015, 11:01:14 am »

I assume her method of making a good first impression was riding a !!minecart!! over a hillside while singing a song about how much better spiders are than crundles?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9119 on: December 07, 2015, 11:09:25 am »

I assume her method of making a good first impression was riding a !!minecart!! over a hillside while singing a song about how much better spiders are than crundles?

Either that, or selling them *cave spider meat biscuits* like a singing spider SHOULD. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 606 607 [608] 609 610 ... 1104