Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 592 593 [594] 595 596 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2096555 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #8895 on: October 29, 2015, 10:23:13 am »

decent metal gear

And then you'll nuke the elves?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8896 on: October 29, 2015, 11:44:07 am »

Hmmm.

"The bandit gang led by the necromancer someguy are harassing people on the streets."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

*deconstruct a forge, make a better axe, head upstairs*

Well, shit. Maybe it isn't as bad as it looks?

Oh bloodgod it is so much worse.

That's ok, maybe I can still...

Oh, ok then.

Hmmm, may as well ghost myself and see how this plays out... wait, what am I dragging?

Well, that's amazing. Happy Halloween!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #8897 on: October 29, 2015, 01:50:26 pm »

"Ghostly guts"
Totally spooked out of my *elf leather trousers*.

Also, wait, necromancers can harass people in towns like bandits do? First time I've ever seen this.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #8898 on: October 29, 2015, 01:57:22 pm »

A corpse's guts are called animated guts, so I'm not surprised.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8899 on: October 29, 2015, 05:24:45 pm »

"Ghostly guts"
Totally spooked out of my *elf leather trousers*.

Also, wait, necromancers can harass people in towns like bandits do? First time I've ever seen this.
Forts no less!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8900 on: October 29, 2015, 05:26:51 pm »

I've had a necromancer tower reclaim a town before. They only left the leader and his zombies back at the tower, the rest were in the town.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8901 on: October 29, 2015, 11:06:35 pm »

I've had a necromancer tower reclaim a town before. They only left the leader and his zombies back at the tower, the rest were in the town.

You should mod plump helmet men to be playable as outsiders, then go on a rampage. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8902 on: October 30, 2015, 02:43:37 pm »

You should mod plump helmet men to be playable as outsiders, then go on a rampage. :V
1. Entity modifications are impossible post-gen.
2. This was in the Killing Spree succession game, so I already did. Not one necromancer or zombie was left alive.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #8903 on: October 30, 2015, 08:39:05 pm »

I was playing 34.11 as a human swordsman, Conar Bunniessomething, who, after killing several vampires, raised an army capable of taking on bandit groups. After several marches on human bandits we were assigned by a noble to kill some goblin bandits. Upon attacking them, I engaged their leader, a master crossbowgoblin. He killed me almost instantly.

However, my army looked to be doing pretty well. I hit the enter key over and over until the bastard who killed me was dead. The bandits survived, apparently, because they stuck my body on a stick, but they're leaderless now. At least I repaid them for their efforts.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8904 on: October 31, 2015, 10:30:26 pm »

But...but...I could've sworn dropping the indiv_controllable token into the animalpeople civ, then adding creatures to their species list, would work in a pre-genned world. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8905 on: October 31, 2015, 11:48:14 pm »

But...but...I could've sworn dropping the indiv_controllable token into the animalpeople civ, then adding creatures to their species list, would work in a pre-genned world. ;w;
Entity modifications do not work post world gen, as civilisations are created using the raws as templates at the beginning of history, and from then on exist separate from the raw entries.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8906 on: November 01, 2015, 03:10:49 am »

Entity modifications do not work post world gen, as civilisations are created using the raws as templates at the beginning of history, and from then on exist separate from the raw entries.

*facepalms*

Put the changes in the raw folder for the world. That is the first thing anyone doing world-shattering tweaks learns the hard way.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8907 on: November 01, 2015, 03:48:10 am »

I am aware of that distinction. The fact remains that a few things will always require a new world gen. Entity modifications are one of them.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8908 on: November 01, 2015, 10:59:57 am »

Sorry, but no. I have done this before. Now to demonstrate, by testing the character creation screen both before and after adding INDIV_CONTROLLABLE to the animal people entity, as well as adding plump helmet men to their creature list...

Long image is long:

While there are many tokens that won't work right post worldgen, these aren't among them. You can in fact become Marloss Man in that already-made world. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8909 on: November 01, 2015, 11:14:50 am »

Sorry, but no. I have done this before. Now to demonstrate, by testing the character creation screen both before and after adding INDIV_CONTROLLABLE to the animal people entity, as well as adding plump helmet men to their creature list...

While there are many tokens that won't work right post worldgen, these aren't among them. You can in fact become Marloss Man in that already-made world. :V
Maybe make plump helmet tissue a little stronger, plus give it the ability to heal, and there you go!
Pages: 1 ... 592 593 [594] 595 596 ... 1104