Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 590 591 [592] 593 594 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2096711 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #8865 on: October 15, 2015, 12:40:59 pm »

I'm walking slowly toward the shop area, when I start getting battle reports. zombies are coming from every which way. I quickly run to the castle, leaving the poor merchants to their fate, since I am a newly minted character(with a mortal wound), and no match for a horde of zombies. I figured the lords guards could help me defend myself. when I get to the castle, I walk inside only to find a group of zombies already streaming from inside the castle.

I had something similar happen when I went after my retired sorcerer-necromancer-pyromancer-psychic adventurer. While I was still playing him I raised a bunch of zombies, including some giant jaguars, giant dingoes and a behemoth. Took over a mildly ruined town, raised all non-mangled inhabitants, retired, then tried to get to him as other adventurers. One of them had almost gotten to the keep, when the zombies rushed from the inside. As they were retreating, the behemoth zombie came out of inbetween some buildings along with a few other undead and charged the adventurer. Dead in 1 hit. It was cool though, in a L4D-ish way.

forfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8866 on: October 16, 2015, 02:13:47 pm »

an amusing thing that's happened so far was that I retired an adventurer in one of my forts, turned the fort back on and after a little while my adventurer died of dehydration standing in the same spot that I retired them in. It was also the spot where I dropped hundreds of pounds of butchered dingo products, so it was impossible to even find the guys corpse in the list cause it was so long. I never did figure out where the corpse actually went.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #8867 on: October 16, 2015, 04:24:44 pm »

an amusing thing that's happened so far was that I retired an adventurer in one of my forts, turned the fort back on and after a little while my adventurer died of dehydration standing in the same spot that I retired them in. It was also the spot where I dropped hundreds of pounds of butchered dingo products, so it was impossible to even find the guys corpse in the list cause it was so long. I never did figure out where the corpse actually went.

that makes no sense, he should be under AI control after you retire him.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Anonymax

• Bay Watcher
  • Rated "D" For Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8868 on: October 16, 2015, 04:27:37 pm »

I'm walking slowly toward the shop area, when I start getting battle reports. zombies are coming from every which way. I quickly run to the castle, leaving the poor merchants to their fate, since I am a newly minted character(with a mortal wound), and no match for a horde of zombies. I figured the lords guards could help me defend myself. when I get to the castle, I walk inside only to find a group of zombies already streaming from inside the castle.

I had something similar happen when I went after my retired sorcerer-necromancer-pyromancer-psychic adventurer. While I was still playing him I raised a bunch of zombies, including some giant jaguars, giant dingoes and a behemoth. Took over a mildly ruined town, raised all non-mangled inhabitants, retired, then tried to get to him as other adventurers. One of them had almost gotten to the keep, when the zombies rushed from the inside. As they were retreating, the behemoth zombie came out of inbetween some buildings along with a few other undead and charged the adventurer. Dead in 1 hit. It was cool though, in a L4D-ish way.

remember that OP necro-vampire character from my second post? i settled him in a big town with all his 367 zombies (i lagged a lot) then started another character and trained it, i was killing the zombies ( harpies, dragons, goblins, humans, dwarves, eagles, horses, etc) when one of them ripped off my right leg, (he was a legless corpse so i escaped easily) i was crawling, searching for a crutch in a near mead hall, walking was hard and slow, apparently being a proficient swordsman was not enough, i found a whip, a shield and an armor, when i recovered my normal speed, went back to kick some rotten zombie asses (eww) i got surrounded by a horde (6 of them) they proceeded to dismember me, when everything was lost armok smiled me, i turned into a werewolf ( probably confused a yellow "Ñ" for a green one), zombies were stupid enough to stand still and let me slice them, one by one the zombies fell until i reached the keep, ahh, Rere Neltionec, i raised you, i made you what you are now, but now i have to kill you,

wish me luck...

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #8869 on: October 16, 2015, 04:29:31 pm »

remember that OP necro-vampire character from my second post? i settled him in a big town with all his 367 zombies (i lagged a lot) then started another character and trained it, i was killing the zombies ( harpies, dragons, goblins, humans, dwarves, eagles, horses, etc) when one of them ripped off my right leg, (he was a legless corpse so i escaped easily) i was crawling, searching for a crutch in a near mead hall, walking was hard and slow, apparently being a proficient swordsman was not enough, i found a whip, a shield and an armor, when i recovered my normal speed, went back to kick some rotten zombie asses (eww) i got surrounded by a horde (6 of them) they proceeded to dismember me, when everything was lost armok smiled me, i turned into a werewolf ( probably confused a yellow "Ñ" for a green one), zombies were stupid enough to stand still and let me slice them, one by one the zombies fell until i reached the keep, ahh, Rere Neltionec, i raised you, i made you what you are now, but now i have to kill you,

wish me luck...

you were an actual bonified wereWOLF? not a wereBEAST?

if you were a normal werebeast what kind of beast were you? weredingp,whererhino, werewhat?
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Anonymax

• Bay Watcher
  • Rated "D" For Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8870 on: October 16, 2015, 04:35:40 pm »

wish me luck...

you were an actual bonified wereWOLF? not a wereBEAST?

if you were a normal werebeast what kind of beast were you? weredingp,whererhino, werewhat?
Sorry, i checked again and it was a weregoat, my bad
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 04:38:59 pm by Anonymax »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8871 on: October 16, 2015, 04:37:47 pm »

Has anyone actually seen a werewolf? Ever? Or heard of one, in DF?
One wheel short of a wagon

Anonymax

• Bay Watcher
  • Rated "D" For Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8872 on: October 16, 2015, 05:48:56 pm »

Has anyone actually seen a werewolf? Ever? Or heard of one, in DF?

Sorry, i checked again and it was a weregoat, my bad

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8873 on: October 16, 2015, 11:27:37 pm »

Bah. Needs moar weredragons.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8874 on: October 17, 2015, 10:08:05 am »

Needs more weredorfs.

Every month as the moon comes full they discover they are horribly terribly sober, pack on some muscle, grow a glorious beard (even if they have one, they grow another on top of it) and head for the nearest tavern.

Anonymax

• Bay Watcher
  • Rated "D" For Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8875 on: October 17, 2015, 10:43:59 am »

wereelves maybe :P

i died anyway

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8876 on: October 18, 2015, 02:04:48 pm »

Needs more werewalruses.

Imagine the horrors that those blubbery majestic beasts could commit!
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

forfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8877 on: October 19, 2015, 03:47:16 pm »

how funny would it be if you could infect other creatures with weredwarfism?

99Hedgehog

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:USE_TILESET: UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8878 on: October 19, 2015, 10:13:57 pm »

One of two of the dwarven civilisations in my world has been utterly destroyed, aside for one camp where the king used to reside, so I decided to take him on an adventure, train him up a bit, then make a fortress and resurrect the civilisation if I can.
[under a terrifying biome]
"Can you describe what the surface is like?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8ZqFlw6hYg

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8879 on: October 20, 2015, 10:23:52 am »

One of two of the dwarven civilisations in my world has been utterly destroyed, aside for one camp where the king used to reside, so I decided to take him on an adventure, train him up a bit, then make a fortress and resurrect the civilisation if I can.

Watch the king-errant of all dwarfdom get killed by berserker-charging some kobold bandits, thus dooming the dwarves to a slow nationwide tantrum spiral. >.>
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 590 591 [592] 593 594 ... 1104