Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 586 587 [588] 589 590 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2096865 times)

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #8805 on: September 20, 2015, 10:01:24 am »

Oh yeah Max I wonder does retiring a fort filled with dead spirits cause those spirits to vanish forever or do they linger on still if you swap to adventure mode?
want to see if I can figure out how to unlock or use those Ghost based attacks that kills folks.
They remain. You can recruit them, but they won't follow you. Those whom you haven't befriended may try to kill you.

Of course, if you don't want to go the trouble of retiring, you could simply use DFHack to possess one of your fort's units, then switch to Adventure Mode, but you might already know that.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8806 on: September 20, 2015, 12:10:04 pm »

Rumrusher kinda invented that trick as I recall, but yeah, I've never had the chance to find a ghost in adventure mode or I'd do more science on them. Compulsive corpse-slabbing has a downside.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #8807 on: September 20, 2015, 12:13:51 pm »

have you tried possessing the ghost?
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #8808 on: September 20, 2015, 12:17:38 pm »

I've seen one when visiting a retired fort, but you literally can't attack them. They talk normally but not much else. Haven't tried possession though.

Anonymax

• Bay Watcher
  • Rated "D" For Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8809 on: September 20, 2015, 03:02:33 pm »

A new world:

The Land of Forever
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Where should I start?

(my old adventurer died, stupid hydra)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 03:07:16 pm by Anonymax »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #8810 on: September 20, 2015, 03:31:25 pm »

I'd try somewhere near the evil biome up north. Those places are pretty fun - if you're lucky you might even get turned into a thrall/husk!

Also, holy shit, I think I just had the most determined adventurer ever.

I was fighting a chimera, which bit into my neck, paralyzing me from the neck down, and injecting me which would have had the same effect.
In spite of it, my centaur, KillDeathMurder, bit into it's foot, which somehow caused it enough pain for it to lose consciousness.

I wasn't able to sever the throat arteries, even by shaking, so I settled for the next best thing.

Maiming it horribly.

He bit off it's tongues and toes, as well as collapsing it's eyes and mouths, with only his teeth over a couple of hours before suffocating.
I'm gonna go to the chimera itself as another adventurer and see how the thing is doing and if it's able to even put up a good fight anymore.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8811 on: September 21, 2015, 04:04:04 am »

Rumrusher kinda invented that trick as I recall, but yeah, I've never had the chance to find a ghost in adventure mode or I'd do more science on them. Compulsive corpse-slabbing has a downside.
the downside to this is toady broke the ghost natural flying with gaits it's like a flag that naturally grants the user to walk isn't connected to the new walk function so the new walk function gets confused and skips the user turn ...forever.  and I think I missed the chance to bug report it so now dwarf ghosts can be sealed away if you collapse the floor under them forcing them to float in the air forever.
another ghost fact is while you can't hurt them, when playing as them you can't hurt anyone either all your attacks don't register even if you're wearing a full suit of platemail and swinging a sword, outside of the fortmode ghost just murdered by spook.

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Anonymax

• Bay Watcher
  • Rated "D" For Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8812 on: September 21, 2015, 12:52:54 pm »

I'd try somewhere near the evil biome up north. Those places are pretty fun - if you're lucky you might even get turned into a thrall/husk!
I turned into a husk, now I'm OP, I'll retire and hunt him

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8813 on: September 21, 2015, 01:05:14 pm »

the downside to this is toady broke the ghost natural flying with gaits it's like a flag that naturally grants the user to walk isn't connected to the new walk function so the new walk function gets confused and skips the user turn ...forever.  and I think I missed the chance to bug report it so now dwarf ghosts can be sealed away if you collapse the floor under them forcing them to float in the air forever.
another ghost fact is while you can't hurt them, when playing as them you can't hurt anyone either all your attacks don't register even if you're wearing a full suit of platemail and swinging a sword, outside of the fortmode ghost just murdered by spook.
Spoiler: Oh really? (click to show/hide)

Ghost Fu!

Targeting someone with a wrestling grab and using launch works the same too.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 01:07:09 pm by Max™ »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #8814 on: September 21, 2015, 01:09:30 pm »

I turned into a husk, now I'm OP, I'll retire and hunt him

Ahh, hunting down retired adventurers.

I'm honestly trying to do something like this myself. My current adventurer is trying to get every of my modded interaction powers in the world. He's currently a necromancer, pyromancer and sorcerer - now he only needs psychic powers.

Once that's done I'll completely ravage a town, raise whatever inhabitants I can as talking revenants, take it over, then retire. Afterwards I'll see if I can get another adventurer to duel this guy.

Anonymax

• Bay Watcher
  • Rated "D" For Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8815 on: September 21, 2015, 03:34:30 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Just killed a goblin axeman with my bare hands, Satisfying
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 05:00:11 pm by Anonymax »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8816 on: September 21, 2015, 05:57:34 pm »

Spoiler: Oh really? (click to show/hide)

Ghost Fu!

Targeting someone with a wrestling grab and using launch works the same too.
oh yeah... forgot about the whole ghosts reacts to physics like everyone else. I just didn't put 2 and 2 from all those minecart ghost splat tests and now having jumping script.
still I'm not jumping into ghosts until I figure out a way to add a flying gait to non-flying dwarves so I don't "softlock" the game if I step off a hill wrong.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8817 on: September 21, 2015, 08:57:47 pm »

Yeah, you gotta toggle the ghost flag off or gm-editor your position. I get stuck occasionally while slipping through walls, gotten pretty good at judging where is and isn't safe though, using walls as staircases helps.

Though launching is parabolic so you still land on the ground normally.

Incidentally, things don't attack when you're a ghost so you can have some fun conversations after phasing down through the SMR and whatnot along the side of a dark fortress.

This is the picture that got me to coin this adventurer the Ghost-Detective.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8818 on: September 21, 2015, 09:15:27 pm »

wut
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8819 on: September 21, 2015, 09:16:54 pm »

That is the correct response.
Pages: 1 ... 586 587 [588] 589 590 ... 1104