Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 584 585 [586] 587 588 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2096902 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #8775 on: September 18, 2015, 09:14:16 am »

My new human adventurer, Nimma Splatterunited the Elder Tear of Gates, has been making a decent career for himself compared to some previous adventurers who have been dying in stupid ways.

I recruited two dwarven drunks, Sigun and Meng, in a hillock and gave Meng a kobold bone glaive made from some kobolds I killed earlier in a camp. We approached another bandit camp, but before that we were ambushed by a giant lion recruit. Killed it rather quickly, made a bone maul and a bone shield out of it, gave the shield to Meng and the maul to Sigun. I thought this wouldn't make a difference due to them not having any weapon skills, but boy I was wrong.

The camp was inhabitated by centaurs who are naturally skilled in most types of weapons. But Sidun charges straight at the ringleader, an Elite Bowman, and pulverizes his head in two hits with her maul, despite being viciously slashed in the back by an axeman

Unfortunately her legs are cut off and the nerves in her left arm are severed, and she soon dies of blood loss. Meng dies as well from his arm, hand and leg being hacked off.
As revenge, I murder every centaur I see in the camp except one, whose clothes I strip off, followed by hacking one of his arms off and mutilating his face (cheeks and eyes collapsed through biting, ears and nose cut off, teeth punched out with knuckleduster) and leaving him alive. Afterwards one last axeman attacks me, gets a single hit with his axe before I decapitate him.
But what a hit it was.

I now have an axe stuck in the back of my neck, and I'm not taking it out.
For whatever reason, a human axeman, Cubra Noiselessseizes walks into the camp. I talk with him and let him join me, and before I leave I take the bodies of Sigun and Meng.

Later I give them a funeral pyre near a mead hall. In my headcanon they were actually former expert soldiers who fought in many gruesome wars and resorted to drinking much more extensively than even regular dwarves to keep the pain away.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8776 on: September 18, 2015, 10:58:22 am »

...should've pulled the axe out and killed the offending axetaur with it.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #8777 on: September 18, 2015, 11:31:49 am »

Nah, now I have the mental image of people pointing at my adventurer and going "Uhhh, dude you have an axe stuck in your neck." and also having an intimidation factor, so for example someone challenges my adventurer and he just pulls it out like he forgot it was there and throws it aside, causing the challenger to crap themselves.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8778 on: September 18, 2015, 12:36:56 pm »

I always thought that trope would be cooler if someone pulled the axe or knife or whatever out of their neck, then used it, like, "oh, that's where that was, just gotta take it out real quick"
One wheel short of a wagon

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #8779 on: September 18, 2015, 01:17:28 pm »

Haha, that'd be pretty awesome as well.
Though as it's a silver axe...I probably wouldn't be able to get much use out of it. I'd rather keep it for "decoration" now.
At the rate this adventure is going I should probably make a separate thread for it once I decide to conclude it, seriously one of my most enjoyable ones for a while now.

Anonymax

• Bay Watcher
  • Rated "D" For Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8780 on: September 18, 2015, 02:39:38 pm »

Haha, that'd be pretty awesome as well.
Though as it's a silver axe...I probably wouldn't be able to get much use out of it. I'd rather keep it for "decoration" now.
At the rate this adventure is going I should probably make a separate thread for it once I decide to conclude it, seriously one of my most enjoyable ones for a while now.

peasant 1: dude, there's an axe stuck in your neck...
peasant 2: it looks painful
adventurer: this? yeah i just killed an axeman centaur
peasant 2: it is terrifying 
peasant 1: it was inevitable

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #8781 on: September 18, 2015, 05:36:53 pm »

Welp, Nimma is dead. Head exploded by naga zombie during a massive fight in a marketplace.

With an axe still stuck in his neck.

I really should get to writing a narrative version of the entire adventure.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8782 on: September 18, 2015, 05:46:12 pm »

What mod, btw?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #8783 on: September 18, 2015, 05:56:06 pm »

It's a personal mod I made that I haven't released. I might later, but I gotta clean up the raws for some of the races, especially the nagas. For whatever reason the game mentions tissue layers than aren't mentioned for other races when sustaining damage, i.e for them the "jamming the skull through the brain" message is "jamming the skull's bone through the brain's brain tissue".

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8784 on: September 18, 2015, 05:58:15 pm »

Sounds pretty noice.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #8785 on: September 18, 2015, 06:01:02 pm »

Went back to 34.11 for some fortressing. Embark in an evil biome, evil gas zombifies my water buffalo, I manage to get the mule he was chasing around inside and forget about him for a while, just staying inside the entire time. Migrants show up. He gets in while I try to let the migrants inside, kills most of the dorfs.

I come back later as a swordswoman to kill the hell out of it.

The thing is practically 40.24 zombie material! I can't even cut his head off, my iron scimitar just "fractures" it! Then he knocked me off a hill and stamped the hell out of me.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #8786 on: September 18, 2015, 06:07:48 pm »

Sounds pretty noice.

I'm thinking of releasing it but I really gotta fix some of the issues with different races. Mostly tissue descriptors for the naga in combat and layer thickness for a megabeast.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8787 on: September 18, 2015, 06:15:39 pm »

BRAIN'S BRAIN TISSUE

I had that problem at times with trying to mod in harder materials for adventurer castes.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8788 on: September 18, 2015, 06:52:37 pm »

Well. Glad to see this still happens every so often.

Screenshot:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Giving gargoyles shell instead of skin also has the occasional odd consequence.

EDIT: Ow fuck. I've been fucked up bad, mobbed by half a dozen gargoyles and left only able to bite, and even then I'm still able to mildly annoy them.

EDIT 2: And dead. Oh well, it was Fun.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 07:01:55 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #8789 on: September 18, 2015, 07:03:40 pm »

I've made gargoyles as well but made their skin a generic stone material instead. So even their organ get "fractured".

Never had vomit do that, though...
Pages: 1 ... 584 585 [586] 587 588 ... 1104