Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 576 577 [578] 579 580 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2097040 times)

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #8655 on: August 16, 2015, 10:25:21 pm »

The dorf girl here has weapons with around 1500 kills between them, and maybe 15 gelding blows. 1/100 is probably close when you're trying for them.

You could say they're... hard targets.

I was about to ayooo that one, but how long have gelding blows been in? Of all the lower body strikes I've done, I've never managed to do one.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8656 on: August 17, 2015, 12:15:01 am »

Late 40.something, .19 maybe?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #8657 on: August 17, 2015, 01:56:57 am »

I've managed to do a few gelding strikes myself, personally, usually with more heavy weapons like two-handers or maces. Very rare, kind of a shame there's no option to exclusively aim for the geldable part but w/e.
Is it possible to actually geld someone with just unarmed combat though?

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #8658 on: August 17, 2015, 03:09:22 am »

Very much so, though the creature I was playing as is roughly six times the size of a human.

On an unrelated note, being a grand master dodger will not save you from zombie miners.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8659 on: August 17, 2015, 06:59:42 am »

I've managed to do a few gelding strikes myself, personally, usually with more heavy weapons like two-handers or maces. Very rare, kind of a shame there's no option to exclusively aim for the geldable part but w/e.
I pinched a guy trying to pop his guts out and it happened once or twice.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8660 on: August 18, 2015, 04:48:23 pm »

So with light dfhacking I found a way to spawn sites that the player can play in fort mode after making them in adventure mode.
also the last finding about companions when told to wait also works in fort mode.
so it's possible to move a demon to a retired site for future fort mode shenanigans if you bounded them.
if you can this could mean necromancer adventurers can park their undead army some place and retire peacefully in a site.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #8661 on: August 18, 2015, 05:02:13 pm »

I pinched a guy trying to pop his guts out and it happened once or twice.

... did using the word "pop" in the context of that sentence not make you feel a bit... uncomfortable? Cause it did to me.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 10:31:05 pm by ShinQuickMan »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8662 on: August 18, 2015, 05:07:35 pm »

Especially in relation to gelding blows.

Ok, I'm going to be hunched over in mental pain for a bit.
One wheel short of a wagon

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8663 on: August 18, 2015, 08:41:58 pm »

I've leveled my cahracter to the point where she can take on packs of small undead ^_^

I typically play short-term adventurers who have one specific goal and may not even get armor or earn a hero's name, but this character has several nasty scars and a missing ear, and stole some goblin copper armor.  She's been crossing an evil tundra by foot, and (horrifically) been finding giant recluse spider silk all over the place.  The land is confirmed to have native undead, but all the undead I've killed have been pulped thus far.  Maybe I should try skinning one or something.

Anyway, aside from a pack of corpse elk and the webs Ive been smiting owls, other smaller birds, and weasals.  I modded in mammoths tho, and I dont know anything about the cloud conditions of the area.  Also I've been lucky so far, but bogeys are a concern.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

UltraTobs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8664 on: August 18, 2015, 10:36:02 pm »

Well, I'm a necromancer vampire, good swordsman 80+ kills, just waiting to find something awesome... or someone good enough to kill me.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8665 on: August 19, 2015, 12:51:38 am »

Dug out the old McLegendary family save and running around looking at more stuff I missed, trying to get mom and dad some more fame, also closing in on 2k notable kills with Gar.

Saw an asterisk in the middle of a hamlet, walked up outside of travel mode. Two gobs standing there as a dorf family walks up, mom, dad, and daughter all covered head to toe in steel artifact armor. All wielding artifact weapons with close to 2k kills between them. Soaked in blood, none of it theirs.

The gobs just say hello, ask about the weather, mom and dad are being friendly.

I'm standing there silently holding my hammer and axe, cutest little fully bearded cold blooded murdermachine of a 2 year old dorf girl you ever saw.

Two more gobs come up from the south, the Boss and another crossbowgob. They say hello, mingle.

Still standing there silently with all four in range.

Crossbowgob must have been dropped a lot as a babygob. Stands there for a bit looking at these three bloodsoaked piles of priceless armor, muscles, beards, and blades.

Tells my mom to yield. Guy figured he would be able to rob us.

Dad starts to tell him not to throw his weight around, Urist always was really good at diplomacy during his years as a Baron and Duke.

I, on the other hand, am a feral little psychopath, and have already removed crossbowgob's head.

Knock the other two into the air, mom and dad start delimbing them in mid-air.

I chase after the speargob who tried to run and this happens.

...I guess mom must have felt bad for him because she cut his OTHER head off before he hit the ground.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8666 on: August 19, 2015, 04:05:28 pm »

Welp.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I stuck with it, and I made the camp necromancer my master.  Gonna retire and unretire just to see if I get squashed by proxy

« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 05:34:48 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8667 on: August 20, 2015, 03:08:40 am »

I still love the idea of Necromancer bandits and wish for more necromancers seeping into normal jobs and careers in adventure mode.
like necromancer drunk, or lord, or King.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #8668 on: August 20, 2015, 07:28:43 am »

I'm still wondering what causes them to just leave their towers and take over stuff. I've recently been coming across hamlets taken over not only by necros but also custom mages, with their zombies or equivalents thereof in the various homes. Oddly none of them seemed to have any bandit labels, though, it was just woodworkers and whatnot, noone with weapon skills.

Wish it happened more often, though. That'd be cool if civs gave you missions to retake hamlets taken over by bandits or necromancers.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8669 on: August 20, 2015, 09:27:13 am »

The queen of my civ has a wish to extend her mortality by any means.

There are like 564 dorfs left alive, 2k elves, 4k gobs, I think 3k humans.

I went to investigate the mountain home after letting fort mode run to advance the calendar.

I've pushed this world from the age of myth, to heroes, and now into the golden age after killing the last of the great powers.

I've depopulated towns, sacked evil fortresses, and broken armies.

None of that compares to my latest kill.

I tried to find my way over to the mountainhome, as I was never able to access it through the tunnel system for some reason, I decided to army teleport myself over there.

Got on top of it with the *** compass indicator and all, hit reveal, and you know what I found?

Plump helmets.

Teleported myself and family down there, started exploring, found weird little fortress sections with stairs at the ends of the roadways, and then when I completed the circuit of the roads I headed inwards across the plump helmet fields. There were random soldiers standing around here and there, nobody knew what was going on, nobody mentioned a local ruler or anything.

Then I noticed something had changed on the compass indicator.

I exposed the lie by discovering that the mountainhome was ruled by, and in fact populated by nothing but plump helmets.

By doing so, I killed my own mountainhome.

Uristerson Fucking McCooper, investigative murderporter.

When I got back to the surface I saw asterisks on the mountains over where the now-sacked mountainhome was.

I went over to them and found the soldiers I had encountered, all very confused, but I couldn't leave them there so I asked them to join me and I'd get them off the mountain.

They all responded the same way.
"Sure, if you will lead me to glory and BLURRGGHHLFFFFAARGHHOORKKK?"

I have no idea how long they've been down there guarding the plump helmet field that ruled our civ, but they're still barfing the next day.
Pages: 1 ... 576 577 [578] 579 580 ... 1104