Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 570 571 [572] 573 574 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095136 times)

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #8565 on: June 28, 2015, 04:00:16 am »

The current landmass I was on didn't have enough humans for efficient killing, so I walked over the frozen ocean the the nearby one to the south, much killing very fun, I also let a maceman attack me until he reached macelord status, I left him for now I thought it to be amusing, he gets to be a master of maces but must live in a town full of hundreds of corpses. Also

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The game seems to be slower, and saving takes forever, I do hope that I don't have to get rid of my little world just yet. Would be very unfortunate if that were the case.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 06:27:16 am by nomoetoe »
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile

Kars

• Bay Watcher
  • registered flex offender
    • View Profile
« Reply #8567 on: June 29, 2015, 10:37:03 pm »

Kars Ashentongue the elven swordmaster is on a genocidal rampage against goblins, humans, dwarves, kobolds, and anything else that isn't an elf. Currently up to 1,071 notable kills, 1,813 other kills. About 900 of those other kills are from the stupid trolls that lag up the dark fortresses. Elven supremacy is the only truth.

EDIT: Just in case you think I'm joking.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 10:39:32 pm by Kars »
🇮🇹 dall'italia con amore🇮🇹

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8568 on: June 30, 2015, 11:07:37 am »

My archer just ran off when we were exploring a cave... Why? He's still a companion, just not visible... I brought him along into the caves to help deal with giant cave spiders, and we're about to confront some. Two I think. Everyone has a metal helmet and at least one hood, so we should be safe. Seven axemen, six swordsmen, two spearmen, a maceman, a hammerman, a lasher, and that archer. A small army, and I'm currently training them up in the caverns just so we can be stronger for the push against the sprites. (Sprites are basically next gen goblins. Think gorilla sized humanoids, some with wings, some are immune to pain, and have as good of metals as vanilla dwarves, but as many weapons as humans... Yeah, my guys need to train up before then, maybe I can find some steel weapons for them in the nearby dwarf fortress.)
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

k33n

• Bay Watcher
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8569 on: July 01, 2015, 05:05:57 pm »

My conqueror-hero skull was caved in instantly via a whip trap as I explored a temple in a city she controlled. Sad days. I made a new character and as I am recruiting a jolly band I come across this:

Anius Talewise

• Bay Watcher
  • Tango Mammam Mollem Bellatoris Germanici
    • View Profile
« Reply #8570 on: July 03, 2015, 05:51:38 pm »

My swordswoman Mebas Riddlewomen rescued about 170 children from Slimhexes, the dark fortress, and they have proven to be a formidable force, tearing apart packs of dingos with their bare hands. Getting them all home will be a challenge and I actually created a spreadsheet for the purpose of remembering who goes where.

Behold! My army of children.

Kars Ashentongue the elven swordmaster is on a genocidal rampage against goblins, humans, dwarves, kobolds, and anything else that isn't an elf. Currently up to 1,071 notable kills, 1,813 other kills. About 900 of those other kills are from the stupid trolls that lag up the dark fortresses. Elven supremacy is the only truth.

EDIT: Just in case you think I'm joking.
https://i.imgur.com/KgdOLCK.png

Your idea inspires me to create a pocket world for this very purpose, but I can't decide if I want to do it as an elf or a dwarf.

EDIT: The pocket world I created only created dwarf and human as playable civilizations, so dwarf it is.

Atír Zanegarros is displeased with the current state of affairs at her fortress: a human is mayor, and there are goblins and humans living everywhere in the fortress. Clearly an insurrection is necessary.

For now Atír the hammerdwarf will go with two of her comrades (also hammerdwarves) into the wilderness to kill innocents train.

And she gets ambushed and destroyed by a night troll in like five minutes. Insurrection would have been easier. Fortunately Atír has a sibling who believes in the dwarf supremacist cause. A brother this time probably.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 01:13:08 pm by Anius Talewise »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8571 on: July 04, 2015, 07:50:35 am »

well started back into playing adventurer mode with the challenge of, realizing companion related scripts are bogus now and need tune ups.
the game mod is a mix of Putnam's Shining mod, with Deon's the Fall mod with my packaged scripts from years of playing.
one of the big blessings about advfort is that while the Scripting AI is broke for Adventurers you can still order npcs around and telling your companion to collect silk or I guess tame animals.

also you can tell a companion to wait on a workshop then they be able to do tasks that doesn't require to move from that spot.
so far got a tribal name kiki to make silk clothes out of the silk he collected(he can't collect any more webs while he's waiting in the loom workshop but he has access to processing the silk.). I hope there is a way to automate this process in adventure mode as setting up a sweatshop with demon workers.

edit: so uhh that launch script well it seems if you combine it with the mount the rider doesn't fall off the horse doing so.
so uhh you could stack your entire kingdom then leap million miles away and only YOU will take fall damage and explode into pieces every one else just gently fall down.
this was tested by setting a civ race with the mount token and stacking 50 of them on top of each other and direct controlling the mount.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 09:18:43 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8572 on: July 04, 2015, 09:11:05 pm »

That puts a hilarious new spin on air-cav doesn't it?

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8573 on: July 04, 2015, 09:57:11 pm »

So, having reached the ground, would you then have say, a tower of fifty archers sitting on two melee dudes, just wobbling around perforating people's central nervous systems?
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Kars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8574 on: July 04, 2015, 10:51:13 pm »

Your idea inspires me to create a pocket world for this very purpose, but I can't decide if I want to do it as an elf or a dwarf.

EDIT: The pocket world I created only created dwarf and human as playable civilizations, so dwarf it is.

Atír Zanegarros is displeased with the current state of affairs at her fortress: a human is mayor, and there are goblins and humans living everywhere in the fortress. Clearly an insurrection is necessary.

For now Atír the hammerdwarf will go with two of her comrades (also hammerdwarves) into the wilderness to kill innocents train.

And she gets ambushed and destroyed by a night troll in like five minutes. Insurrection would have been easier. Fortunately Atír has a sibling who believes in the dwarf supremacist cause. A brother this time probably.

Well done. Well done indeed. I currently am up to 2,793 other kills and 4,280 notable kills, the notable ones being an assorted mix of goblins, dwarves, humans, and megabeasts. Elven supremacy is the only truth.

Anius Talewise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8575 on: July 04, 2015, 11:41:52 pm »

Well done. Well done indeed. I currently am up to 2,793 other kills and 4,280 notable kills, the notable ones being an assorted mix of goblins, dwarves, humans, and megabeasts. Elven supremacy is the only truth.
That's very impressive! Good job c:

Meanwhile, I have the luck of the Polish, which is to be violently conquered and partitioned multiple times.

Oh yeah, how big is your world? mine is a pocket world with medium parameters and frequent minerals, no advanced parameters.

EDIT: on closer observation I've discovered that unluckily for me, my pocket world generated no bandit groups or anything of the sort, or at least none that my dwarf civilization knows about.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 11:57:51 pm by Anius Talewise »

Kars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8576 on: July 05, 2015, 12:00:39 am »

Oh yeah, how big is your world? mine is a pocket world with medium parameters and frequent minerals, no advanced parameters.

Mine is Large, with frequent minerals, high savagery, high beasts, medium civilizations, high sites

Anius Talewise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8577 on: July 05, 2015, 12:02:42 am »

Mine is Large, with frequent minerals, high savagery, high beasts, medium civilizations, high sites
This sounds very ambitious. Good luck with your massacre ;)

EDIT: what I'm up to: attempted to jump to another tree, missed my mark clearly, fell to the ground and get brutalized by boogeymen. nice

(there were actually no dwarf companions at the fortress I left, the first dwarf supremacist departed with the only two ones who were there, and my dwarf supremacists refuse to speak to anyone who is not a dwarf because roleplaying)

I'm just going to roll a new world because this one sucks. I confirmed that there are, in fact, no bandits or criminals. If you ask anyone about troubles they only mention beasts. Maybe this time i'll actually make a medium sized world since weird things happen during world generation for even pocket worlds with normal parameters.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 01:39:05 am by Anius Talewise »

Capt. Snow

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Actually the worst adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8578 on: July 08, 2015, 09:58:20 pm »

So I killed a vampire in adventure mode then checked legends to see what was going on in his (un)life. I saw someone confronted him at the same time as me so I looked him up. Someone tell me how this makes any sense.

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #8579 on: July 08, 2015, 10:01:16 pm »

So I killed a vampire in adventure mode then checked legends to see what was going on in his (un)life. I saw someone confronted him at the same time as me so I looked him up. Someone tell me how this makes any sense.

Clearly his evil twin who took his place.
Pages: 1 ... 570 571 [572] 573 574 ... 1104