Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 569 570 [571] 572 573 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095140 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #8550 on: June 24, 2015, 09:52:53 pm »

Use launch and jump out of the lair!

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8551 on: June 24, 2015, 10:16:19 pm »

It seems the members of the nation I've killed four lords of has sent three squads to attack me and my cleansed companions... I only have one question for each of them: http://imgur.com/CyoMKqf
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8552 on: June 25, 2015, 07:43:00 am »

After abandoning the other trapped adventurer, i started another wonky adventure.

First i tried to go kill a vampire, and i found it really fast. It was the first person i had talked to when i reached the village. But when i asked everyone about "beasts" they didnt seem to mention him. Weird. I told him he was a night creature, and after we hurt him a bit he escaped. He was really fast, so i lost him.

When i came back to the village he was in his house, all calm with his friend. I tried to talk to him but he spit on me saying he hates me. What?

I killed him , and noticed that my pikeman companion completely disappeared. There was only his pike on the ground. Then the other person in the house called me a killer for killing the vampire and kept spitting on me. FINE I'LL LEAVE.

After getting another lasher companion, i went to a bandit camp. When i reached it, my companion suddently turned hostile and started fighting me.

The fight didn't go really well for me, and after he got a lucky hit i couldn't stand up anymore. I tought i was doomed, but suddently, the two sleeping goblin wrestlers in the background woke up and the lasher... ran away? Seriously?

The two goblins targetted me, but they just couldn't damage me. They couldn't even hit me. But i couldn't really damage them either. But after a while, for some reason i passed out. But they just couldn't damage me, no way.
Finally, i woke up and managed to kill them, after noticing i was just bashing them with my shield before.

10/10 wonkiest adventure ever

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8553 on: June 25, 2015, 11:21:13 am »

Things have not gone well for my attempts of playing as a peasant so I decided to go back to an old form of training I used long ago in the times of 34.11. using crabs as training dummies. Brings back good memories, although I am a bit wary of them since I was killed by a crab once, and the first crab I attacked during training mangled my left eye, fortunately my eye recovered, I'd hate to lose an eye to a crab.

Apparently you can gain skill in wrestling even when the thing your wrestling is unconscious, interesting. Yes I shall become the ultimate warrior! By beating up crabs.

I generally find a domestic animal, slash the neck to paralyze it, then do this till I pass out, with combat preferences changed.
One wheel short of a wagon

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8554 on: June 25, 2015, 11:59:18 am »

While screwing around trying to get a trick Putnam uses to make DBZ stuff possible I wasn't able to get the full version working (where it would check when an artifact weapon was swung and then apply the effect) but I did get a hotkey version working which basically rocketboosts the queued attack hard enough to send a huge ass demon skidding 10 tiles into a wall.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8555 on: June 25, 2015, 05:29:37 pm »

Eventually crabs stopped being useful for my training, they don't hold up to well to my fists and feet, so I went to a nearby hamlet went into someones home and gouged her eyes out, then I did so for the other people within, they ran at first but when they came back they no longer responded to my attacks, I was able to reach legendary skill in striking, kicking, wrestling and knife user. My physical attributes had also increased greatly.

I was bored of training so I decided to do something rather stupid, to have a fight with a giant, no weapons, just good old fisticuffs. How quickly I will die I have no idea, I have legendary dodging skill so I should last at least a little while.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That was unexpected.
When I told the local dwarves of my accomplishment they as expected said "It was inevitable." But when asked what they think of me they say I am so very brave which is nice. c:
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 05:41:35 pm by nomoetoe »
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Noblaum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8556 on: June 25, 2015, 05:52:41 pm »

I made a world with the longest possible history and the smallest possible size. It can sometimes lead to interesting power balances. Year 1050 and it's the 992nd year of the Age of the Mountain Titan, Julosm Oiledshin the Abyssal Tuft of Gravel.

Incidentally, Year -1(?) through 57 were all in the Age of the Hydra and Mountain Titan: the Hydra Slonu Pussteels the Gnarled Flame was struck down in 57. I'd've loved it if Julosm and Slonu had some kind of epic duel for dominance over the tiny island everyone lives on, but as far as I can tell neither of them really interacted with the other. Slonu himself was killed by an unnamed giant tick.

Inspired by that tick, I decided to end the last great power and free the lands from the grip of the Mountain Titan. Tamun set out at once as I had forgotten my usual pre-game routine of looting the palace for some actual armor and weaponry. So all default gear; weapons were a dagger and spear and Tamun was only trained in swords. Additionally, the plan was to sneak up on the thing, but it had no eyes; in fact, it was a giant worm with wings and a scorpion tail. Who could see in a circle all around it. Somehow, Tamun managed to kill it while taking minimal damage himself; The only injuries sustained were a flattened and gored nose after being stung in the face (I guess it wasn't poisonous, since Tamun's still alive and back in town) and a smashed big toe after he foolishly attempted to choke out a honey badger for food.

Also, as Tamun was walking to Julosm's shrine, he found an abandoned forest retreat. Creepy stuff. I checked in the Legends Viewer later; it's the ONLY Elf site in the world. Checked historical figures, and it looks like the elves may in fact be extinct; checked 'Alive' and nothing popped up. All the living members of the civilization are tamed beasts. Seems a combination of warfare and building their only settlement between the (hostile) goblins, the (also hostile) humans, and the (REALLY hostile) shrine to Julosm was not the best strategic decision in trying for the preservation of the race.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8557 on: June 26, 2015, 07:01:02 am »

Guys, i tried doing something with DFhack, but when i try using the command adv-bodyswap force it says it isn't a recognized command, why?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8558 on: June 26, 2015, 12:12:19 pm »

I forget what we figured out with that but I don't think it's working right, you can use dfusion though but it's not as reversible.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8559 on: June 26, 2015, 02:29:23 pm »

I have searched everywhere in this underworld spire, but still no demons, not one...
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8560 on: June 26, 2015, 08:12:29 pm »

Sounds like the clowns are playing a cruel prank on you before they swarm you en masse.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8561 on: June 27, 2015, 01:54:13 am »

Yeah the underworld spire would be in the heart of the goblin empire where the lone demon sits on their throne waiting for the perfect adventurer to walk in caked in blood holding that engagement slab they wrestle out of gods hands.
that said I'm still gawking over Robsioe killing his army for a demon lady. I never heard in my time such a romantic tale in DF we need more artists on that tale.
the wedding would be quite a seen.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

SirAero8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8562 on: June 27, 2015, 02:15:30 am »

Walked into a town after killing a vampire (and drinking its blood) in a neighboring town. A farmer spit at me saying I was a murderer. I grabbed his spit off of me, threw it at him, and punched him in the face. His face exploded. Justice was served.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SirAero8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8564 on: June 27, 2015, 02:15:24 pm »

Traveled to a market-thingy everything seemed peaceful as I was walking towards it. Went up a ramp and found that everyone was being chased and brutally murdered my zombie elves. Tried my best to save them (and my them I mean myself) but I ended up getting my arms ripped off and my throat torn out.
Pages: 1 ... 569 570 [571] 572 573 ... 1104