Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 562 563 [564] 565 566 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2100679 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #8445 on: June 04, 2015, 04:29:22 pm »

Plus being able to safely jump on top of things huh Rum.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8446 on: June 05, 2015, 02:58:33 am »

One annoyance I've noticed is that fame no longer seems to affect how many companions you can recruit.
yeah companion bit seems to be tied to personal ideals or a hard number which could be side step with companion placement or... kids, or necromancy.

got slightly inspired by a doomRL and now wonder if it's possible to make a shotgun that fires spread shots.
or a portable Cartgun that launches fast volly of junk.
figuring out Rose's Projectile script does would help with operation Doomfort Adventuremode

I could be possible without dfhack in interactions, simply by stacking plenty of material emissions.

Using itemsyndrome to give the interaction if you have the shotgun equipped do the trick, you'll have the choice between a slug or pellets.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8447 on: June 05, 2015, 08:39:59 am »

well technically I do have a corpse explosion script but I kinda want to open up to flying objects to work into the path of loading people into rockets or planes that soar through the air for several tiles.

then again building Towns over large oceans seems to do the job of being able to fast travel across the land.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8448 on: June 05, 2015, 03:21:17 pm »

That's why I put this check into gm-editor and replaced the no target error with the next one:
Code: [Select]
    elseif df.global.ui_advmode.menu==26 then
        local armies=df.global.world.armies.all
                for k,v in ipairs(armies) do
                        if v.unk_48[0] then
                        my_trg=df.global.world.armies.all[k].unk_pos1
                        end
                end
    else
        my_trg=df.global
    end
If you're in adventurer travel mode and moved one tile or are resting it pulls up your pos_x and pos_y, else if pulls up df.global, handy since I hotkey gm-editor to shift+d.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8449 on: June 05, 2015, 03:51:49 pm »

well technically I do have a corpse explosion script

Surprised nobody's sigged this yet.
One wheel short of a wagon

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8450 on: June 05, 2015, 03:59:51 pm »

One annoyance I've noticed is that fame no longer seems to affect how many companions you can recruit.
yeah companion bit seems to be tied to personal ideals or a hard number which could be side step with companion placement or... kids, or necromancy.

got slightly inspired by a doomRL and now wonder if it's possible to make a shotgun that fires spread shots.
or a portable Cartgun that launches fast volly of junk.
figuring out Rose's Projectile script does would help with operation Doomfort Adventuremode

I could be possible without dfhack in interactions, simply by stacking plenty of material emissions.

Using itemsyndrome to give the interaction if you have the shotgun equipped do the trick, you'll have the choice between a slug or pellets.

What if you were to take to use elements from "sharpen stone" and "dragon breath?" replace the "hammerstone" with the shotgun, and the "dull stone" with a shotgun shell, then replace the dragonfire with metal shards of some type?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8451 on: June 06, 2015, 01:43:07 pm »

in a sense of insight I realize I had a old minecart ollie script and figure hey why not improve on it by adding the Jump control commands to minecarts.
uhhh end up with Minecart magnetism and a good lesson learn, the further the thing is the harder it will try to reach it's destination, also beware of underwater minecarts turrets.

this was the result of trying to 'stop' a minecart by pointing the cursor at myself.
the result is the minecart i'm on did stop but every scattered minecart in the arena home in to the point slamming into the walls, or if their carrying something launching items in the direction.
 so here is steer.lua
Code: [Select]
local curpos
if df.global.ui_advmode.menu==1 then
curpos=df.global.cursor
else
print ("No cursor located!  You would have slammed into the ground and exploded.")
return
end
for C,itemsd in pairs(df.global.world.items.other.TOOL) do
for k,v in pairs(df.global.world.vehicles.active) do
if v.id==itemsd.vehicle_id then
--printall(df.global.world.vehicles.active)
--S=0+getline()
--printall(df.global.world.vehicles.active[0])
--df.global.world.vehicles.active[0].speed_y=(-900000)

resultx = curpos.x - itemsd.pos.x
resulty = curpos.y - itemsd.pos.y
resultz = curpos.z - itemsd.pos.z
--v.offset_z=(100000)
--v.speed_z=(100000)
v.speed_x=resultx*10000
v.speed_y=resulty*10000
v.speed_z=resultz*10000

end
end
end

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Remuluson

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:EDITING_TOO_MUCH:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8452 on: June 07, 2015, 01:11:44 am »

I got question how much adventurer can withstand.
Because i got ordinary demigod adventurer with out leg arm with broken everything and beaten lung and escaped!
How that is possible?
[ETHICS:FEAR_SOCKMASTRERS:REQUIRED]
[ETHICS:HAVING_TOO_MUCH_ETHICS:REQUIRED]

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8453 on: June 07, 2015, 01:42:23 am »

Pain doesn't bother you until it actually makes your puppet black out.

That is also very clever, Rumrusher, and hilariously suicidal.

I've noticed that for longer trips through the air it still helps to catch a wall/tree because even though you do land on your feet you can still bounce off of nearby walls and hurt yourself. Armor is also recommended.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8454 on: June 07, 2015, 04:33:35 pm »

Continued the adventures of Emima Beasteater the Crowd of Alchemy today. Tried converting people in the nearby hamlets and dwarf hillocks to nosferatus. Didn't go so well; even if they transformed, they remained hostile to me, presumably because of entity relations. So I moved on to converting fellow elves from the forest retreats. Works great, converted dozens. Unfortunately, being a monster just as me isn't an excuse to follow me on my adventures or become my hearthpersons.

So I gave up and went home. When we arrived, I noticed somebody moving around in the village, and when I checked, it was an elf spearman, standing by the well. Of course, when I tried to talk to them they wanted to fight it out. They dodged my first strike, and fell right into the well. Before he could climb out, I climbed down and bit him. Once I climbed back out, I traveled in a circle to the same spot, and talked to him again. Even after transformation, he was hostile to me. But he did agree to travel with me. Of course, when I traveled back to the mead hall, he decided to attack me again, and my companion put him down.

Then, in the mead hall itself stood someone with the title of Law-giver. My companion killed them in the middle of the conversation, but at least they weren't hostile to me!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8455 on: June 08, 2015, 05:53:32 am »

Aw shit, my trusty dwarf drunk companion just had his neck pulped by a single punch from a yeti we encountered in the snowy wastes! D:
It was certainly pretty damn brutal. And now I'm wondering just how best to take this nasty beast down... I, Nang Mokloosnol Zole Rusmu, rely on my fists to fight. I'm not sure I'll have much luck beating this thing down... let's see if I survive! My other companions are armed at least, and dwarfbro managed to wound the yeti in the leg with his pick before it punched the shit outta him. It's on the ground, at least. This should be exciting...

Edit: Oh dear, the yeti's subsequent attacks smashed Iteb's arm, his shoulder, and... his liver. I doubt there's hope for him with such a grevious injury. He fought 'til the end, though, biting the yeti repeatedly as it swung at him. Eventually we knocked it out and I crushed its head with my bag of berries. R.I.P, Iteb Adoliden. He had many accents in his name and kicked many asses in the name of... uh... that guy we're hearthspeople of, whatever his name is.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 05:58:03 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #8456 on: June 08, 2015, 11:38:36 am »

Having your liver smashed as a dwarf must be like having your testicles crushed as a human.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8457 on: June 09, 2015, 10:04:47 am »

Worse, because dwarven livers are even easier targets. owo
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8458 on: June 09, 2015, 08:59:02 pm »

Went into adventure mode to test out a weapon I'm modding. Picked up the steel Joyeuse, produced by only the best human magister smith, and I instantly felt powerful! Aaand... Nobody to kill with it. Walked around beheading donkeys. Hit at a guy, cleaved his arm off in one stroke... But no armoured opponents. Went to the mead hall, it's empty. Found a bandit camp, nobody has armour. Went to a fifth mead hall, nobody there again... Where the hell is everyone?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #8459 on: June 10, 2015, 04:22:06 am »

Have you checked if the town is abandoned? That would explain it.
Pages: 1 ... 562 563 [564] 565 566 ... 1104