Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 559 560 [561] 562 563 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2100602 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #8400 on: May 30, 2015, 03:54:44 pm »

Well that is derp. owo

Also, can't find the goblin warband to intercept. Should I continue using the dwarves as meatshields, find them a dwarven home, or conquer a human settlement to install them as the new bosses, thus hopefully sparking a human-dwarf war?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8401 on: May 30, 2015, 07:19:20 pm »

Do any of them mention relatives?

Bring those ones home for fame, lead the rest onward... TO WAR!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8402 on: May 30, 2015, 07:37:53 pm »

Tempting, but I've been over half the region with my dwarven WAAAAGH and I think it's too late to stop the rape train.

EDIT: Finally decided to stop at a hamlet to arm the WAAAGH. No armor, since humans are too fat to equip dwarves.

Militia commander: copper long sword, bronze shield
Sheriff: silver war hammer
Mayor: bronze maul, bronze shield
One-handed farmer: bronze short sword
A random siege operator: bronze pick
A random carpenter: copper battle axe
A random stonecrafter: silver halberd
A random lye maker: copper two-handed sword
A random drunk: bronze crossbow, bronze bolts
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 07:59:09 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8403 on: May 30, 2015, 08:26:59 pm »

testing adventurers with spear skill or biting skill, no luck for now...

ThePeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8404 on: May 30, 2015, 08:35:36 pm »

testing adventurers with spear skill or biting skill, no luck for now...
Spears are mostly good for puncturing armored foes so that you can hopefully chip a bone and cause unconsciousness due to pain. Against undead, megabeasts, and many of the enemies an adventurer will be sent after they are not that great. If you're sent after bandits though they are actually quite good.
ThePeanut likes Dwarf Fortress for its difficulty, Killer Instinct for its characters, Tolkien and H.P. Lovecraft for their works of fiction, Scimitars for their curved blades, and Dogs for their barks. He prefers to consume cheese whenever possible. If possible, he would spend the rest of his days not doing much of anything.
He dreams of mastering a skill.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8405 on: May 30, 2015, 08:43:05 pm »

Biting is effective against everything.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8406 on: May 30, 2015, 09:57:03 pm »

decided to start with a crossbowman with skills put into hammers and throwing weapons. training with shield launching for now.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8407 on: May 30, 2015, 10:23:30 pm »

My whole horde is now armed with a weapon, a shields, or both. Amazingly, out of 23 random dwarves, none have died. Just 1 vanished without a trace, and that's it. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8408 on: May 30, 2015, 10:26:34 pm »

Learned just how important armour is today. Had my crazy-powerful vampire adventurer walking in a Dwarven tunnel when I saw a giant cave spider in a hole from the ceiling. I made the stupid mistake of trying to fight it with only adequate sword skill (my starting points were in hammer but I had been training sword for certain enemies) and soon learned that I was way outmatched. Unfortunetly, I was caught in a spew of web during my retreat. I soon found I was incapable of even swinging back or blocking and so attempted to scramble away, whilst the GCS continued to bite at my head, it's attacks only bouncing off of my copper helmet. After a while, it got smart and started wrestling. It broke my shoulders with it's legs, then for some reason the game began the hyper speed that it normally does whilst the player is unconscious, with the monster baring down on me. After a few minutes, the game returned to normal, and I sorted through 30 combat pages to find that every attack from the GCS was reflected by my full suit of copper armour, the beast was over-exerted on the ground, and I was free of web. I promptly booked it out of there and when I was safe checked to see that my armour user skill was at legendary and my toughness at superior. I have become essentially invincible. I'll never doubt armour again.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8409 on: May 30, 2015, 10:28:44 pm »

Or you can rely on smart tactics, stealth, and the power of well-aimed bite attacks. owo
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

ThePeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8410 on: May 30, 2015, 10:30:27 pm »

Went down a cave into the caverns to track down an ettin, who proceeded to brag about the warriors it killed. Several turns later...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And that, ladies and gentleman, is why you should not trashtalk a legendary swordswoman with an adamantine two-handed-sword, unless you aren't particularly fond of your limbs.
ThePeanut likes Dwarf Fortress for its difficulty, Killer Instinct for its characters, Tolkien and H.P. Lovecraft for their works of fiction, Scimitars for their curved blades, and Dogs for their barks. He prefers to consume cheese whenever possible. If possible, he would spend the rest of his days not doing much of anything.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8411 on: May 30, 2015, 10:32:07 pm »

And of course he's enraged.

"U mad bros?"
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

ThePeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8412 on: May 30, 2015, 10:44:09 pm »

Alright, I think i'm going to have to report this in the bugs section, because once I returned to the surface from the caverns, more caverns creatures spawned on the surface. There are Flesh Balls up on the surface now!

Edit: I  just found a Giant Toad Recruit. I think my DF may be on the electronic equivalent of drugs.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8413 on: May 30, 2015, 10:51:09 pm »

Recruit the giant toad recruit then. owo
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8414 on: May 30, 2015, 10:53:19 pm »

Alright, I think i'm going to have to report this in the bugs section, because once I returned to the surface from the caverns, more caverns creatures spawned on the surface. There are Flesh Balls up on the surface now!

Edit: I  just found a Giant Toad Recruit. I think my DF may be on the electronic equivalent of drugs.
Oh that's a normal bug. I've seen jaguar recruits, giant panther recruits, gaint scorpion recruits, and more today alone.

Or you can rely on smart tactics, stealth, and the power of well-aimed bite attacks. owo
Or you can jump off of small cliffs in a full suit of armour until you cap your armour user skill and toughness stat, ensure that you are a vampire immune to pain and drowning, swim at full speed through an ocean to cap your strength and endurance (yes vampires stats still improve, possibly due to a bug) and then jump down a Dwarven staircase and only suffer a broken nail and a few bruises.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 559 560 [561] 562 563 ... 1104