Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 545 546 [547] 548 549 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2100244 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #8190 on: April 23, 2015, 01:19:45 pm »

I found the ruler of a dwarven civ sharing a ruined fortress with a hydra. For some reason. They have hillocks just to the north but she refused to leave. Anyone ever encounter this?

Sadly I could not convince her to leave, though I killed the hydra for her.
well dwarf entrances are a separate site so that could be ruined and holding a hydra while the dwarf fort below that is perfectly fine.
She was the only dwarf though. The legends and her both said it was the same site. And the fact that I cant retire there tells me that its not fine.
oh I mean the entrance is a separate site that leads into the main mountainhome site as from testing around with sites flags, mountain homes are naturally made underground now and some how needs a new site type to even appear on the surface.  you could try to reclaim the site then retire in means of making it an adventure resting spot.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8191 on: April 23, 2015, 08:16:11 pm »

Dragon fire didn't damage me, yet the big forest fire is started could. It was raining so I had to jump over a tile of fire into another tile of fire, to turn my water coating into steam. That still didn't ignite my lignite, but that melted my upper body fat some more. After I had set myself on fire and ran around until the bleeding stopped three times, I was still only moderately melted. But later down the road I noticed some of the items in my pack had been worn down. A forgotten beast leather pouch, which I didn't make and can probably get a replacement for, and my masterwork featherwood bed. Dammit, good-aligned lands are scarce, and I had to go out of my way to get this wood, then make about 12 of these to get a masterwork.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8192 on: April 23, 2015, 08:22:29 pm »

some how I'm fighting the dwarf's soul? how do you fight and throw something that has no body?
Oh good, you're not dead, I was already calling dibs on your stuff too, I was gonna make a crown out of your bones. T.T But yeah, punched her right in the soul looks like.

Did you see goblin fireworks?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hmmm, if you use Sodeladil to carry around like 20 shields you can designate an attack with each one, could get much more impressive displays. I was just holding a spear+shield in my right hand with my left empty for climbing.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 08:26:55 pm by Max™ »

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8193 on: April 23, 2015, 09:21:16 pm »

but some how I'm fighting the dwarf's soul? how do you fight and throw something that has no body?
With Carp

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8194 on: April 23, 2015, 09:27:04 pm »

Today I stripped dwarves naked, slammed into them at high velocity, and then gave them armor, weapons and shields made from their fallen brethren. I love this game so much.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8195 on: April 23, 2015, 09:33:20 pm »

Today I stripped dwarves naked, slammed into them at high velocity, and then gave them armor, weapons and shields made from their fallen brethren. I love this game so much.
Did you give it to them by forcibly putting it in on the respective body part?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8196 on: April 23, 2015, 09:33:52 pm »

Indeed!

Oh, I almost feel bad after checking the unwilling spectators/former display-components:

Also, I figured out why some of the display attempts were lopsided:
Apparently I was trying to launch a couple of gobs from down on the ramp and they just kersploded against the corner wall. >.>

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8197 on: April 23, 2015, 10:30:08 pm »

Made a carbon copy of humans, but made them all legendary strikers, kickers, and wrestlers by nature. Started one out, actually got into a fight with four guys because I spat on a child. Destroyed all of them, because I put skill in dodger and armour user, somehow turning my leather shirt into plate mail level armour. Even though it took a few hours, this is basically what it was like in my head.

Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8198 on: April 24, 2015, 07:27:24 am »

Another puke vault. I trained my skills by dismembering everything from their digits up. These soldiers are sentient, so you'd think that sometime before they're whittled down to their stumps that they would realize this fight isn't going their way, and isn't going to get any better. But angel soldiers would be more stoic than most ("My arms and legs have come off. What is it this time?") I guess if you're made of vomit, life is already going badly for you.

After trying a variety of weapons, I conclude that the wiki is wrong -- divine hammer and mace suck anus. Even a pike shaft was better at consistently severing parts in one hit. The flat of an axe was better. With only Adequate Spear skill, the spear shaft was better. Mace and hammer were on par with a shield, also divine metal, in effectiveness. Silver is optimal for hammer and mace, but from my observations here silver spear and pikestaff would be even better, it just sacrifices a more effective piercing head for better blunt damage.

Candy clothing is also overrated; I haven't bothered collecting the ones I can wear because they have the longevity of candy. They start showing wear within 10 days in fall/winter conditions, and decay in a month. I don't want to spam my inventory hauling replacement clothes, so I just left them behind months ago. Leather layers over iron plate are sufficient protection and lower maintenance.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8199 on: April 24, 2015, 08:19:49 pm »

I uh... I kinda feel bad after this, like, I think maybe just delimbing them and removing their teeth and ears and noses and tongues is kinder than... this:

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8200 on: April 24, 2015, 08:27:32 pm »

I uh... I kinda feel bad after this, like, I think maybe just delimbing them and removing their teeth and ears and noses and tongues is kinder than... this:

What did you do?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8201 on: April 24, 2015, 08:28:58 pm »

Why am I having trouble making sense of that?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8202 on: April 24, 2015, 08:35:00 pm »

There is no sense to be had.

The launch.lua script was originally an attempt to get propel working in adventurer mode so we can jump vertically and such, which is awesome, if dangerous (You slam into an obstacle and blow apart! type dangerous) and it works by targeting a point with look and running the script, the further the cursor is from you, the faster you go, right?

Well, Rumrusher added in the ability to have the script work on your current target, so you can jump as normal, OR attack/grab someone and fling them. You can make them kersplode against a wall, bounce them off their friends, or you can accidentally double-tap the script keybind (because let's face it, you're gonna want to keybind this) and have a goblin bounce off themself.

Playing with it I worked out that you can designate multiple points back and forth and then when you unpause and step time forward a tick at a time you get what you saw happening to that poor human.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 08:39:32 pm by Max™ »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8203 on: April 24, 2015, 08:54:01 pm »

*throws monitors at* Haaaax? owo
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8204 on: April 24, 2015, 09:49:00 pm »

In dwarf Lyman terms in the search for learning to jump good, we kinda found away to throw good as-well and now our characters are wrestling men who jump off poles and trees to body slam anyone in their way.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 545 546 [547] 548 549 ... 1104