Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 540 541 [542] 543 544 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2100076 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #8115 on: April 19, 2015, 05:39:37 am »

okay I got an idea what if we set the jump script to effect who ever the adventurer grabs so it throwing them very far??
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
https://gist.github.com/Rumrusher/97db45deccf7a54d291a
now here's the script made ready for folks to jump far and throw people farther.
want to thank Max and Rose, also warmist for creation of this, all the dfhack guys. and to Dwarf number 2.
so far this works if you grab someone if you don't you just jump in the direction.

edit: oh looks like arena added the option to set mounts so you could attach dwarves to dragons... cool
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 06:34:29 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8116 on: April 19, 2015, 10:20:14 am »

They showed up as I got to the travel map and I became chief medical dorf when the other was killed, favorite surgical tool?

Steel spear.
I really wish it had been either an axe or a carving knife/meat cleaver.

Edit for my game: My dwarf killed a bronze colossus and my drunk buddy survived and became a recruit. After that I brought her to the capital of a human civ, claimed the site, and butchered a law giver, a lady, and a religious leader(I had to kill all 3). All the guards not in the room flipped loyalties to me and now my recruit is my hearthperson and a guard. I just find it cool that a drunk became a guard after surviving a colossus fight and killing a molemarian recruit. I am concerned though. She killed a child in my massacre and the childs brother did not care one bit that everyone he knew was butchered in front of him. Made him my hearthperson too.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 10:27:43 am by skyte100 »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8117 on: April 19, 2015, 02:36:06 pm »

okay I got an idea what if we set the jump script to effect who ever the adventurer grabs so it throwing them very far??

http://www.truimagz.com/host/fortcrush2/de/Dwarf-chuckin.gif
https://gist.github.com/Rumrusher/97db45deccf7a54d291a
now here's the script made ready for folks to jump far and throw people farther.
want to thank Max and Rose, also warmist for creation of this, all the dfhack guys. and to Dwarf number 2.
so far this works if you grab someone if you don't you just jump in the direction.

edit: oh looks like arena added the option to set mounts so you could attach dwarves to dragons... cool
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Hmmm, maybe the name should be changed to launch?

Oh yeah, skyte100, I was a speardorf before becoming the medical dorf, not sure how that counts as qualified.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 02:39:57 pm by Max™ »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8118 on: April 19, 2015, 04:13:07 pm »

Jesus, Rummypops, that gif is huge and crashes me when I reload the page I think, spoiler it and I'll uh... here, this is for you, my impression of Tetsuo from Akira:

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #8119 on: April 19, 2015, 04:26:16 pm »

Decided to mod humans to have hugely powerful jaws, teeth etc made out of adamantine. Just for lols.
I bit a dragon in half and started chipping bits off of a bronze colossus. Then I was pasted by a huge bronze fist.
thincake

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8120 on: April 19, 2015, 04:28:49 pm »

Just ventures into a goblin pits... hoping to find HFS, but so far, the trolls are all at war with the gobbos, who don't fight back much.

I fed on the queen's blood, but couldn't sit on the slade throne fer some reason.  :-[

Now, I wander the prison tryin to find HFS, let someone out of a prison cell and he was th first hostile ,let alone no-quarter, that I met. Gobbo crossbowman, apparently. ???

So much lag. 2 possible locations for stairwell to HFS are at opposite ends of the basements, I am at neither. :-\
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 05:05:34 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8121 on: April 19, 2015, 05:22:54 pm »

I mentioned before that you can remove a few tags from creature_standard.txt and entity_default.txt to help lag in adventurer mode, under goblins take out [NO_EAT] and [NO_DRINK], under entity evil take out [LIKES_SITE:DARK_FORTRESS] to help some, and since trolls are buggy and don't do anything but lag and sometimes fight goblins you can take out [USE_EVIL_ANIMALS], all together these tend to make gobs spread out and have less 15k pop tower clumps, but these aren't the best choice for fort mode where you want those big pops.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8122 on: April 19, 2015, 05:35:06 pm »

Yeah, bit of a n00b, and didn't think I'd get involved, just needed somewhere filled with dead bodies and preferably a couple of unconscious living ones on the floor to sleep free from bogeymen. But when I saw the pretty pink tower, I couldn't resist.

I think this is one Toady and Threetoe need to fix in terms of story, maybe with wild goblins joining armies as the march on fortresses for numbers, or with goblins sleeping in huge vaults beneath fortresses till it's time to patrol or invade... would be mythical AND explain whole immortal, needs no food thing. ;D

Actually, this is quite a good idea. If I do say so myself. Maybe I should suggest it?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 05:37:25 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8123 on: April 19, 2015, 06:05:49 pm »

I'd prefer putting the tag [NO_EAT] onto elves.
Everytime an elf is victorious against another dwarf/human in worldgen you can read "[Fancy elvish name] devoured Urist McBeardface".

Imagine a creature half your height talking with you about the beauty of flowers and trees with his/her childlike voice, looking at you with his/her big round eyes and smiling innocently.
And suddenly this harmless person drops his jaw like a huge snake and swallows you up. Completely.
This image is... irritating.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8124 on: April 19, 2015, 08:12:14 pm »

"The Minotaur slams into the Dragon!"

Rumrusher: taking fun things and helping others break the world with them since 2009.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8125 on: April 19, 2015, 08:45:41 pm »

I'd prefer putting the tag [NO_EAT] onto elves.
Everytime an elf is victorious against another dwarf/human in worldgen you can read "[Fancy elvish name] devoured Urist McBeardface".

Imagine a creature half your height talking with you about the beauty of flowers and trees with his/her childlike voice, looking at you with his/her big round eyes and smiling innocently.
And suddenly this harmless person drops his jaw like a huge snake and swallows you up. Completely.
This image is... irritating.
I assume they do it like most predatory mammals. Tear open the belly, dig under the ribcage for all the high nutrient organs like livers and kidneys, drag them all out by the intestines with their teeth, and messily chomp into them. By the time that's done, the rest of the body has gone too cold to be appetizing, so they leave the grisly remains to the scavengers.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8126 on: April 19, 2015, 09:20:24 pm »

Hilarious swallowing by elves is hilarious.

Meanwhile, I did some !!SCIENCE!! where I severed the guts of a retired adventurer.

Gutless coward, they say? How about crafter of goblin leather shields, wrestler of bandits, snapper of necks...

I've yet to see whether this affects hunger though.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8127 on: April 19, 2015, 10:02:16 pm »

so I kinda remember throwing a guard(a) into a guard(b) staring into a wall and having the guy(a) gib all around the person(b), guard(b) continue to stare at the wall like nothing went down.
that's when I realize I could get away with murder if light assault charges by making the fight look like a brawl.
experimented with throwing folks deep into the ground and launching them into space.

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8128 on: April 19, 2015, 10:28:22 pm »

Jumpspam also works. Sprinting while jumping into someone WILL escalate matters though.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8129 on: April 20, 2015, 05:36:07 am »

Dwarven Space Program! Finally a reason to set Z levels above ground higher!
Pages: 1 ... 540 541 [542] 543 544 ... 1104