Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2100071 times)

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #8100 on: April 17, 2015, 07:16:28 pm »

One hit me and I used up my water putting out the fire, so I left to refill and wash the ichor off of me.

...I ...how did you ...is this a thing I should know?
I didn't know it would actually work, but I thought someone else would. I poured water on the ground and lay down. "You are engulfed in steam!" I don't know if the steam causes damage, but it puts out the fire and you can get out of the way quickly enough. And even if you refill your water from the ground before doing it, it'll all evaporate, but it'll save your life.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8101 on: April 17, 2015, 08:34:15 pm »

I did not try that before... I like to carry booze I stole from my own forts though... which might explain why I haven't tried before.

So, it's dangerous because you can miss and hurl yourself at lightspeed into a tree, but done properly you can hit goblins hard enough with the jump script to make them explode on impact with a tree... sometimes you can do this so hard they go through the tree.

Literally:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I hit him completely across the screen going south to north and stopped myself on a tree almost immediately (how the hell, brb while I fly at like mach 5 and bring myself to a halt ONE HANDED by grabbing a tree like a bawss) and then went to find his body, was really confused because I found the blood a z level up above the gloves and stuff but the body was missing until I went around the tree and it was revealed.

Also I don't know where his other arm went, there's only one by his neck.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 08:36:28 pm by Max™ »

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8102 on: April 17, 2015, 10:29:23 pm »

Oh my, these children grow up so fast. I left this kid, only 1 out of 3 prisoners in the world, in an empty lair overnight to go destroy a colossus, and when I came back, he was a wrestler. Says he's a soldier, but still too dumb to live, can't even dress himself properly. He exemplifies the reasons I hate companions -- I'm not a babysitter for special needs! So everywhere I go I have to park his ass someplace safe to dig cranial infections out of one head cavity and suck them into another. I can't wait to dump him on his mother.

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8103 on: April 17, 2015, 11:59:38 pm »

I claimed the Hillocks of Plungedroof in the name of The Leafy Fountain of Burns from a criminal group. Then I killed the boss in charge. I didn't get control of it. I then figured that I might have to kill all members of the criminal group in town(read the entire town except for 1 drunk who seems to know who the current boss is if I give him a couple days). Nothing. I have since been at war with the group and every single boss I kill another one seems to spawn somewhere to take its place. Seems impossible to actually snuff them out even though literally everyone within 4 days walking distance has complained about them being there. Two months later they still somehow control the place despite completely lacking a presence here.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8104 on: April 18, 2015, 01:19:23 am »

I made Toady a ‼Birthday Card‼ (technically it was yesterday but it took a while to get all the bodies since I didn't start assembling it close enough and by the time I realized it wasn't enough bodies I just started collecting from passing armies) which ended up starting a forest fire...

Maybe lighting the bodies on fire wasn't the best idea?

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8105 on: April 18, 2015, 06:50:31 am »

Maybe lighting the bodies on fire wasn't the best idea?
Lighting bodies on fire has never not been the best idea.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8106 on: April 18, 2015, 11:43:49 am »

An update to mine. I killed an elephant and a Hydra. I destroyed the town to the south of me because its only inhabitant was a crime boss(there are a ton of them around here), and I still have no control over my Hillocks. These criminals are like roaches.

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8107 on: April 18, 2015, 11:54:05 am »

and I still have no control over my Hillocks

You can't claim dwarven/elvish sites (yet).
Either it's a bug or intended.
Maybe looking at the bug tracker will show further information.

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8108 on: April 18, 2015, 12:43:29 pm »

and I still have no control over my Hillocks

You can't claim dwarven/elvish sites (yet).
Either it's a bug or intended.
Maybe looking at the bug tracker will show further information.
Even though it was controlled by a human bandit group?

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8109 on: April 18, 2015, 01:00:49 pm »

I think the seats of power are only fully implemented for human settlements. Maybe it's intended for control of dwarven settlements to be given only to those appointed or elected, but then how do other civs conquer their sites?

I might have a bounty on my head. I've been getting tailed and ambushed by groups of fighters who don't have much in common with each other. Most of them are mercenaries, a few are wanderers or thugs from bandit camps and criminal organizations. They don't shy away from ambushing close to civilization, either; I ran into one sitting right between the mead hall and a main road. The hamlet itself wasn't under attack or getting harassed. Sometimes after killing them, another group comes in from off map and goes directly to their position.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 01:07:45 pm by Uzu Bash »

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8110 on: April 18, 2015, 01:46:18 pm »

I think the seats of power are only fully implemented for human settlements. Maybe it's intended for control of dwarven settlements to be given only to those appointed or elected, but then how do other civs conquer their sites?
That makes me sad. I made a new world out of my sadness. I killed "Coppertested the Defensive Pear" the alligator recruit. I am unsure of which part of that I should be concerned about. The alligator recruit, the fact he had a title, the fact he cant speak so I couldn't get him to join me, or the fact I killed him instead of playing as him.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8111 on: April 18, 2015, 08:18:25 pm »

Just remember I had a bronze colossus save when booting up DF and thought I should test ride the jump script in the ocean.

lost a recording where the bronze lost an arm mid jump.

at best if you want to have fun with those animal recruits you should either mod in a interaction that slaps on the token [canspeak] or [intelligent] on to them.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8112 on: April 18, 2015, 09:22:22 pm »

Skipping a colossus across the ocean huh? Bravo man. Bra-fuckin-vo.

Edit: I grabbed one of my steel angel/avatar of armok saves I found and tried it out, couldn't find an ocean nearby but I did find a body of water extending across something like five region tiles, when you're made out of a steel+adamantine type hybrid material you can launch yourself entirely across the screen and skip across water without harm... still explode on impact with a wall/tree/etc though.

That isn't why I'm editing the post though, I found something I've seen in legends but never actually bumped into and wasn't even sure was actually represented in game.

I got to the spot and was like "Huh, butchered goblin chunks everywhere? I feel like I should remember doing this... wait, is that an upright spike? It wasn't me? Awesome!" and worth noting that there are refugee human/goblin/dorfs in tents to the south of the town, non-soldiers and sleeping.

Also had this happen last night when starting a brand new adventurer while I was poking around in one of the megamegabeast type worlds:

How did this work out?

Let's just say the Doctor (apparently) is in:
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 11:16:00 pm by Max™ »

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8113 on: April 18, 2015, 11:31:32 pm »

I got the same message when I started an adventurer at my fort when it was attacked. Turned out by then it was already over, some livestock lost, and all elves dead. The battlefield they fought at wasn't even close to either of our civs. At least no elfinite littering the place.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8114 on: April 18, 2015, 11:46:10 pm »

They showed up as I got to the travel map and I became chief medical dorf when the other was killed, favorite surgical tool?

Steel spear.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 11:49:05 pm by Max™ »
Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 1104