Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 535 536 [537] 538 539 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2100029 times)

Fishanchips

• Bay Watcher
  • Look! The cliffs of INSANITY!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #8040 on: April 10, 2015, 07:27:24 pm »

Found a kobold camp. Apparently they can be 50+ dudes. This one, however was friendlyish so I decided to find to most deadly throwing objects
and to use the kobolds as my test subjects (whoever fell to the ground in a fetal position I left alone).

So far what seems most deadly (by deadly I mean which one chipped bone or caved in skulls the most).

1: Metal arrows
2: Metal pickaxe
3: Bucket
4: Metal cap
5: Iron bowl
6: Metal bucklers
7: Cut gemstones

Chests, cages, clothing of any almost any kind, most armor, most toys, musical instruments, coinage, trinkets, and bags don't seem to work as well.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ask any questions if you have any.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 12:18:17 pm by Fishanchips »
http://wiki.ss13.co/images/c/c8/ClownandAlien.jpeg

A screeching clown car pulls up to the safe house!
Circus members pour out of it and start throwing pies at the windows!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8041 on: April 10, 2015, 07:43:50 pm »

I am an old hand at "improvised projectiles", I like to clear forest retreats by chopping down the low hanging fruits and using them to knock the rest out of their trees.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8042 on: April 10, 2015, 10:36:14 pm »

I came across an empty mead hall, and decided it was comfortable enough to claim. That came with a side order of hamlet, which turned out to be built in smooth conglomerate (how did they do that?) and populated by kobolds. I introduced myself around and asked them how they they enjoyed living under my rule. They didn't have to say anything, the admiration and gratitude was clear in their eyes, especially after I kicked a few wolves' skulls down their throats.

But not just in their eyes, in the empty camp a short walk away I found these:
Damn, their mints work fast! Apparently I now rule an entire civ! I finally belong! I'm lord of the kobolds!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8043 on: April 11, 2015, 12:40:41 am »

Nice, from Outsider to Lord huh.

I was screwing around with the world-gen weirdness you get from the 5k megabeasts and the fact that reclaimable forts mean you can start a fortress with no surviving dorfs.

How can I be sure that there were none left alive? I let the world gen run to 10,000, then went and mooded up some toys and visited the nice peaceful monster neighborhoods nearby.

Sadly even when you kill 40+ Rocs in quick succession you don't describe it as "an hour ago I slew a shit-ton of gigantic birds", which is kinda annoying because then you got 40 of them in your list... but it's better than 40 "were attacked by a ground squirrel" type non-events I suppose.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8044 on: April 11, 2015, 07:59:08 am »

Well I was already a lord, but this time I have currency! Currency named after my group, masterfully depicting me! I've never had that before!

That list is a complete mess and Toady has probably already heard (or ignored) all the complaints. I wish it would compress over time so that if you killed 5 rocs in 5 hours one day, they may be separated while the memory is fresh, but the next week you could just say you killed them all in one afternoon. A year later you could say you killed 40 rocs in the same week you killed 2 titans, 3 colossi and a carp.

Fishanchips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8045 on: April 11, 2015, 01:05:55 pm »

So I found my *first* dark fortress that was actually populated and whatnot.

For some reason instead of goblins however, it was populated with TROLLS.

Friendly.

Trolls.

And they were beating the stuffing out of one another. So I did as any Lord Necromancer would do and began hacking heads off and reanimating them. (Apparently you can reanimate trolls AND their heads)

The lag though is almost unbearable. Maybe if I kill more trolls it will drop.
Also why was a dark fortress populated with trolls that were beating the stuffing out of each other?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 01:11:33 pm by Fishanchips »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8046 on: April 11, 2015, 01:13:44 pm »

[USE_EVIL_ANIMALS] under the evil entity and the gobs were probably all killed by the trolls, since trolls count as an animal their population has a cap of like 10000001 or something stupid and a minimum of like 1000 so they will always be there, they're passive to you and only randomly murder gobs so I just removed the use evil animals from gobs to kill a lot of lag.

Also, after some experimenting it looks like Putnam is close to having a workable siege forcing method for fort mode, while screwing around in adventurer mode I found that you can just drop an existing army of say... goblins, directly on say... the fort you geared up and stole your adventurer from... after you altered the unit count in said army to be say... 50 or so:

Let's just say... whoops?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 01:19:08 pm by Max™ »

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8047 on: April 11, 2015, 01:36:10 pm »

Necrolaw, the last vault in the northern half. It takes a cruel god to give self-awareness to a being made of vomit, and the Hopeless Soldiers were the angels of such a cruel god. They were pretty sturdy given their composition. FB's and titans made of vomit tend to go down in one hit, but the Hopeless Judgement was more difficult to fracture than a bronze colossus. The vault constructed without errors, leading to the slab of the demon who had been slain ages ago by a grizzly, but the Axemen yet again spawned with 2 shields and no axe.

None of them butcherable, not that I would've eaten any. I could've cooked them all into fisherberry pies to sell to the nearby civ ("Oh, Exalted Empire, are you? Well I have a special delight for your no doubt refined tastes.")

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8048 on: April 11, 2015, 02:46:59 pm »

I had a vault with axemen that had great axes actually, it does happen!

I think it was one of the two with the exploding worker angels though, so... yanno...

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8049 on: April 11, 2015, 03:11:24 pm »

Yeah, I did get a halberd and a great axe, but axemen have been the majority of all the soldiers, and in 5 out 7 of vaults they haven't had axes. In one of them they spawned 4 shields but no axe.

Code: [Select]
This is a superior quality crescent twisting metal  great axe.  This object menaces with spikes of never-still cloth.

Galena

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8050 on: April 11, 2015, 06:35:20 pm »

I finally killed a titan(I had never tried before): It was a large shelled snake with a poisonous bite and no arms. This was a adventure of first for me: I had never started as a hero before, and I had never used pikes. This adventure used both. Now I'm a legendary hero, wooh!
He listed off what sounded like a lot of painful-sounding procedures that needed to be done, then proceeded to immediately throw a party.

Fishanchips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8051 on: April 11, 2015, 06:39:48 pm »

I went to object testing arena and fiddled with bronze colossi and dwarves/elves.

I managed to skip an elf twice across magma.

Best day ever

You grab the elf by the head!
The elf struggles in vain!
You throw the elf!
The elf skips across the magma!
The elf skips across the magma!
Elf 5 : Death... This is truly horrifying.

Numancio

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8052 on: April 11, 2015, 07:13:46 pm »

I was swim training under a bridge when suddenly several villagers came nearby and decided to jump down a considerably large waterfall to their dooms. Actually their still alive and some of them made it to the riverbank but I'm waiting to see if the fisherman drowns.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8053 on: April 11, 2015, 08:27:18 pm »

I went to a cave that was supposed to have a tribe of 411 kobolds who had done a whole lot of stealing over the centuries, and I figured they would have nice loot. But I found it empty; no kobolds, no trove, and no tracks but giant rats and helmet snakes. There was a passage down to the 2nd layer and a pit down to the 3rd layer, but I didn't find a single kobold in any of them. After updating Legends again, the site shows a population of 7 kobolds. Alright, but where the hell are the goods?

ED
1: Metal arrows
I think what's going on here is that thrown arrows and bolts are more accurate over longer range, so they're more effective than weapons and objects with better damage potential.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 09:04:15 pm by Uzu Bash »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8054 on: April 12, 2015, 05:13:11 am »

Well that might just be the damndest thing I've ever seen in game.

I found a bandit-group captain in one of the big open quarry-type graveyard/stockroom pits underground in a dark fortress right, I tackled them into one of the holes in the floor and saw some mist show up on the -1z view so I hit reveal and checked to see where they landed, tapped period, checked again, they keep falling and then I figure for sure there is no way they could keep falling when the view started showing a lot of magma... so imagine my surprise when I was looking to see what happened to the body and discover that not only is she still alive:
SHE'S LAYING ON A FUCKING MAGMA FLOW!

What?

*advance the game a few more ticks, surely she'll be dead, right*

>.>

You may have noticed the mist there isn't magma mist, apparently I managed to drop her through a hole in the floor of a flooded cavern layer:

This means it is quite likely that her final thoughts included being comforted by a lovely waterfall as she lay there in a puddle of magma ON A MAGMA FLOW TILE...

It was actually producing magma mist ABOVE her from the constant water hitting the flow, but I think she finally died from blood loss:

I assume this because she was only starting to melt when she began WANDERING AROUND ON THE MAGMA FLOW and briefly stepped out of the waterfall, she lasted down there for something like ten or maybe fifteen period ticks (which would then be 100 to 150 comma ticks), and checking with gm-editor I saw she was at like 1300/5700 blood when I took that last screenshot above.

I guess when she stopped treading magma or whatever and finally bled out she got eaten by the flow because a couple of ticks later there is no sign she was ever there:

So yeah... I don't even know what to make of that.

I've swished gobs into magma like this before but it was directly into magma and it was way above a flow... never seen a cavern draining into a flow, much less kachew'D someone into a conflux like that.
Pages: 1 ... 535 536 [537] 538 539 ... 1104