Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 523 524 [525] 526 527 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2100342 times)

SirAero8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #7860 on: March 22, 2015, 09:49:12 pm »

Maybe, we just got ambushed by a four recruits with nothing but carving knives who were super weak so they either wanted to kill us because we're outlaws or because my spearman was an enemy of their civ. Or both.

SirAero8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7861 on: March 22, 2015, 10:08:37 pm »

Well me and my spearman died. I found out that he had a title, so I checked in legends mode, but the title was from the kills he got when he was with me, and he had no conflicts with the civ we were in. So I guess he was just a complete psychopath. Respect. In other news, we had the dumbest titles ever, me, Titsta Primfang The Tender Tool, and Asto Sellcolumn the Incidental Boulders of Tribute. No wonder we died to some random maceman in a hamlet.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #7862 on: March 22, 2015, 10:38:18 pm »

Macemen in hamlets get me every time.
thincake

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7863 on: March 23, 2015, 12:32:09 am »

The power of the drunk... Slaughtered my way through a town, got to the king, who was holding a meeting will all the civ's leaders, and killed them all. Lords, ladies, mayors, and the king. Killed everyone I could find, but suddenly, a human drunk came out from a nearby building and attacked. He continually dodged all my attacks, knocked out my teeth, bit off my nose, crumpled an eye, broke a leg bone, and crushed my skull in. After a whole room of guards couldn't scratch me, this enraged drunk killed me.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7864 on: March 23, 2015, 06:59:05 am »

Started in another civ in the same general area as the last; this time I'll try not to get too distracted from my main objective again. First city I went to, I was approached by an injured serpent man. I asked him what the trouble was, he said 'the fighting'. 'What fighting?' 'I just attacked you.'

Oh, so we're back to this again? Monsters amok from the very beginning? Fortunately I'm not the sole target of these bastards this time. He was the crime lord and he'd been fighting a reptile man bandit chief who was also hobbled by injuries, so both were easily dispatched.

When I got to the keep, the floor was strewn with a trail of teeth leading to a wounded cave fish man. Cave fish men don't have teeth (then how the fuck can they bite?!) but the dead dwarf in the corner used to. Apparently I got the aftermath of dueling vampires. The fish man was already bleeding so heavily that even though I only hit him once with a thrown dagger, I got the credit for him bleeding to death. Somehow this earned me the last name of "Systemhailed". Eh, not the worst I've gotten, but pretty lame.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7865 on: March 23, 2015, 11:07:55 am »

Climbing over the keep's outer walls because it's quicker, said hi to the crossbowman guard, and on the way climbing down, I was attacked by an elven vampire. From above. Climbing down at me. I would love to see what a flying tackle does to someone at this height, but I couldn't get a good grapple on him, nor get to his level without leaving myself wide open. So I took the fight down to the courtyard, and it turned out to be a marathon. I slit this guy's throat 5 times -- how much blood can an elf have, anyway?! (I actually checked his body stats, and he did have a higher max blood count than the average elf, a bit more than the average male human.)

After I finally struck him down, I hollered up to the crossbowman to see if he was still alive. Yup, he was there, alive and unscathed the whole time, with a full quiver of bolts and a crossbow strapped to his back. Just what the hell is this guy supposed to be guarding, anyway?! I felt like climbing back up to throw him off the other side, but I didn't think it would be high enough for a clean kill.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7866 on: March 23, 2015, 12:24:28 pm »

I have learnt the wonders of savesumming at first.
One wheel short of a wagon

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7867 on: March 23, 2015, 12:49:59 pm »

Nithros Systemhailed the Patterned Bowel. And with that, I was done with the character. Of course they can't all be winners, but this one sounds like it should just perish. I had been holding my own against an elf elite wrestler vampire, and had even collected an entire head of teeth from him, but he was still able to bite. But I saw the name I've been given and just gave up.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 12:53:10 pm by Uzu Bash »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7868 on: March 23, 2015, 02:51:05 pm »

Just killed an ettin (10 RL mins bloody caving) and a bandit leader, but both times I immobilised and an axeman with me got the final kill. Wondering if it'd be worth it to arrange a little accident.... the "wait here" feature might be useful for once.
One wheel short of a wagon

SirAero8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7869 on: March 23, 2015, 04:23:55 pm »

Well I found out what can happen if you let your companion kill most of the people you attack after you knock them out. We got ambushed and I was immediately downed by a crossbow bolt through the ribcage, my companion was then murdered, and the ambushers left me there, to grieve over my loss, with crossbow bolt stuck in my chest.
HE WAS SO YOUNG.  :'(
Edit:He got a title. He was the Squashed Hawk. And he was killed by a crossbow bolt.
ALL HE WANTED TO DO WAS FLY BUT HE GOT SHOT DOWN.
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 04:41:53 pm by SirAero8 »

SirAero8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7870 on: March 23, 2015, 07:27:57 pm »

In other news, I got into a dark fortress, and there doesn't seem to be a demon in it. I know it isn't super common that a demon will be leading the goblins but I wanted to see a demon. I've never seen one in my own gameplay. I don't know how to use invoke.lua because I suck with dfhack. Is it in dfhack by default or do I have to put it in?

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7871 on: March 23, 2015, 07:38:32 pm »

Do you have Legends Viewer? If you click the 'Sites' tab and filter by 'Vaults' you'll find a demon creator for each. They will most likely be the founder of a goblin civ, and depending on how long the history has been they could still be in charge. But there won't be one per Dark Fortress; you'd have to find their seat of power.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7872 on: March 23, 2015, 07:55:00 pm »

Just brutally exterminated a camp full of kobolds using stealth tactics. Only the last one even noticed me, and I meant it to. I feel sad now. Slaughtering cutebolds seems kinda cruel.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7873 on: March 23, 2015, 08:07:45 pm »

Regarding invoke.lua, put it in scripts and just type invoke while in a convo with someone, it will replace the top two options accordingly.

I don't kill kobolds anymore, got the cutebold tiles with the little musketeer swordbolds and mexican wrestlers, I can't bring myself to hurt them.

So, as for my dorf. Decided to start with just the name Gar, the word for Destroyer, gonna see what the game gives me. Have a goblin fort just northeast of where I started which has dorf prisoners, so I'll be doing that for sure, but there is also a dragon just north of us, I head in and find it staring at the wall so I hack it in the throat and dodge around the corner... then I wait for the earth shattering kaboom wave of dragonfire... but nothing happens.

Peek around, it is still staring at the wall... so I do it again!
...and again... seriously? Still just sitting there admiring your own blood on the wall wondering why your neck hurts? *couple more times* Ok this is getting a little- *the dragon has bled to death* -oh, nevermind then... time to turn you into armor and jewelry... oh, wonder what name I got!

Gar Saveyouth

Awesome, totally awesome. So geared up and buffed up with my new balm of power I head towards the fortress and run into a sizable army of humans and dorfs, I kill the humans and run the dorfs off, make it to the tower and take out the lizard demon up top, find all the kids down there and take them back to my starting fort where the baroness consort and general gobble up all but two of them, both of whom are wanting to go to the same hamlet.

I get there and using reveal to find them I notice two of the parents were together and the other was downstairs nearby so I decided to stage a cute picture and pos-edit the parents next to the kids:

D'awww, oh, did I mention the rest of the title I got was very fitting for someone who goes and rescues kids, Gar Saveyouth the Ultimate Elder for the win!

Course then I uh... assume it was because I went straight to travel mode with the map revealed because, I don't know what the hell happened next:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Tons of cavern creature recruits running around fighting and shit? Yeesh, sorry folks, but hey, there's some dorfs, wonder what they're doing out there, oh hey, that one is with one of the kids I rescued, wonder what they think about me:

Awesome! First time I've seen someone directly reference my having done that who wasn't directly related.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #7874 on: March 23, 2015, 08:09:24 pm »

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 523 524 [525] 526 527 ... 1104