Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 508 509 [510] 511 512 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094927 times)

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #7635 on: February 11, 2015, 03:15:02 pm »

I've started literally kicking my enemies while they're down. Stomping on a prone target's throat is super-effective, they bleed out almost as fast as it would take to kick their head in. Oddly, it doesn't impede their ability to breathe as far as I can see. At least I get to imagine I'm doing this.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7636 on: February 11, 2015, 09:36:37 pm »

It's surprisingly hard to get more than two enemies airborne at the same time:

I discovered a new trick, you can slam into someone with a dragonfall (run up, grab say... neck with upper arm, jump through them) and cancel out of the attack/wrestle choice screen then choose to feed, which has the interesting effect of making you slam into multiple targets instead of just the one you aimed at:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This came after I had been bullying a lesser vampire (just an elder, while I'm a master) by knocking him around and demanding he give me his jewelry, he says no, then I grab it and tackle him to take it anyways, at some point he escaped through a crowd of humans who all went for me, I figured he would bleed out before I found him again, and then as I left the town I was doing mid-jump feedings in, I bump into this:
Missing guts huh? Pretty sure that means we've met before, though honestly it is hard to keep track:

OH ARMOK, I almost forgot the most messed up result I've ever seen from "tell me about your family":

...he has multiple cousins who are nephews and nephews who are cousins?

So he has several aunts and uncles who had kids with his siblings? I couldn't track any down without going into legends but I was gonna go uh... prune this knotted family tree if I have a chance later.

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7637 on: February 12, 2015, 02:21:54 am »

As a little experiment I have been playing in a haunted biome adjacent to a slade tower as humans trying to live above ground. I made a quick wall, set up a little mine, farms etc. Then I retired it. Made a female hero and started.
I went straight to the tower and found a few goblin watchtowers so I sneak up use my copper dagger stab some throats and finaly find a miner, after watching him make throat bubbles, I grabbed his iron pick. Then proceded to kill 150ish other gobs from stealth, after mining some heads I became a proficient warrior miner. Killed a few trolls in the tower and then grabbed some equipment out of a really weird goblin tomb. Big dug out areas with holes of varying sizes leading to the first cavern layer. The usual set up with a coffin a memorial stone and dead goblins around it, mummy set up. It wasnt though.
Found plenty gold furnature and many gold chests.
Decided to lug the equipment to my new fort. Got home retired in my deepest room.
Started back in fortmode and game opens saying your adventurer is a miner, "cool" then to look at her personality for giggles. Read past all her crazy (shes pretty detatched but still very normal) she is only horified about a few goblins that died and she now NEEDS ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE DAY.
Say what, she is now an alcoholic. A human alcoholic. Awesome
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7638 on: February 12, 2015, 05:45:14 pm »

Oops, I did it again, I gelded your junk, just using the ground...

SyrusLD

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7639 on: February 12, 2015, 06:44:58 pm »

Id Unionswire the Dwindling Tornado of Beards (a completly random name, of course) - I prefer to call him Beardnado - has lately discovered a new methode for extreme weightloss. He just carries around ... well ... I'll just call it "solid flames" in his backpack, which makes the !!fat!! melt straight off his body in no time! Burning calories has never been that easy before, I'd say.

I just hope the occasional "You are burning!" and "You are being incinerated!" doesn't cause any trouble. Does muscle damage actually affect anything?!

Also he drank the aluminum that melted in his backpack. It was tasty.

Besides that I need to get back to the surface to become a vampire and/or necromancer at some point, even though I like the warm, cozy place full of angry things out to kill you.
In Remembrance of Bengel Hairybasement,
Strangler of a Sasquatch, Troglodytes and a Cyclops,
Slayer of a Giantess, whom he burned alive.
Died in a Heroic Fight with a Grizzly Bear.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7640 on: February 12, 2015, 06:49:37 pm »

If you can stop the bleeding then being on fire isn't so bad... besides the whole, yanno... BEING ON FIRE part.

SyrusLD

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7641 on: February 12, 2015, 06:54:37 pm »

If you can stop the bleeding then being on fire isn't so bad... besides the whole, yanno... BEING ON FIRE part.
I don't know, only when the fat melted off I was bleeding. But after that I started burning on the upper body without bleeding and without much of an effect it seems, besides saying that my upper body was "seriously burned" pretty much.

Also the first time I managed to get a Dwarf to end up with Abysmal Linguistic Ability, Musicality, Empathy and Social Awareness ... didn't even think there was anything below "very low".

EDIT:
Actually it starts as "You are blistering!" then "You are burning!" and finally "You are being incinerated!" ... and then it stops with having "serious burns" on the upper body.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 06:58:56 pm by SyrusLD »
In Remembrance of Bengel Hairybasement,
Strangler of a Sasquatch, Troglodytes and a Cyclops,
Slayer of a Giantess, whom he burned alive.
Died in a Heroic Fight with a Grizzly Bear.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7642 on: February 12, 2015, 07:07:27 pm »

Also like to remind folks that you want to make sure your adventurer isn't crying while on fire or their tears will melt your head clean off.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7643 on: February 13, 2015, 04:49:15 am »

So every time I raid a dark fortress, I go in to find the trolls slaughtering every civilian goblin in sight. Only the civilians, they leave the soldiers alone and the soldiers leave them alone. The residing clown behaves in a similar manner The trolls ignore me completely and I can walk right through them. It's a mixed bag, I don't get to rip and tear their guts, but makes shepherding 30+ prisoners out the door easier.

Vive la revolucion?
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7644 on: February 13, 2015, 08:55:30 am »

So every time I raid a dark fortress, I go in to find the trolls slaughtering every civilian goblin in sight. Only the civilians, they leave the soldiers alone and the soldiers leave them alone. The residing clown behaves in a similar manner The trolls ignore me completely and I can walk right through them. It's a mixed bag, I don't get to rip and tear their guts, but makes shepherding 30+ prisoners out the door easier.

Vive la revolucion?
Trolls hate being sheared for their wool then left naked and cold for winter, so they rised against their shear welding masters and revolt.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7645 on: February 13, 2015, 03:54:32 pm »

Trolls hate being sheared for their wool then left naked and cold for winter, so they rised against their shear welding masters and revolt.

I guess the military is in on it too then, caught one murdering a farmer earlier. It's always the non-goblin soldiers, majority of which being dwarves due to how history played out. It doesn't look like a loyalty to parent civ thing, they still attack me with no quarter if I stand around too long.
Also, I've never caught them in the act yet, but if i'm hearing their chatter right I think they're letting prisoners loose offscreen. Which would be bad because that's less glory for me and another enemy I eventually have to kill because I can't rescue them. It's either that or they're conversing with the prisoners through walls, which is also bad because they tell them about all the bad things I've done, which also prevents me from rescuing them.
But in a way it makes sense, it would explain why fighting me becomes a secondary priority soon as I step inside the dark fortress.
 I would stage a coup too if my superiors never gave me and my comrades any weapons or armor but still sent us to fight a demigod axe murderer.
The clown masters are either in on it or doesn't care, usually when they kill their own it's just one unfortunate who happened to be sitting too close, Once they're done with the sacrificial lamb they become passive like the trolls, even if there's another civvie in the same room as them.
All of this only takes place inside the dark fort, however.

I totally support trolls as an independant civilization though, I'll have to mod that in when I'm done with the current world.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7646 on: February 13, 2015, 07:01:55 pm »

I would just like to start by noting that I had NOTHING to do with this, I had never encountered this guy, hadn't even accidentally punched his brains out like I do with random animals while dropping out of travel mode to jump a river, I found a hillock, regaled the queen's consort with tales of my deeds, asked about the area and he says to go talk to Omsos Edinobler, as he is well traveled, and should be in a hillock to the southwest

Fine, oh he's with the drunks, k... wait, why is he injured?

*checks*

"He is fat. His neck is gone."
Isn't that literally adding insult to injury?

Also, why was I told to go ask this guy for directions? Did they think he would be able to talk to...

Oh dear Armok he can still talk can't he?

...but how, his head is gone... HIS FREAKING HEAD IS NOT THERE... WHAT THE...

...oh, ok then, he suffocated.

Update:

He lived from the early spring of 199 to the early summer of 200 when he bumped into me and went 'oh good lord how have I been alive all this time?' apparently?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 07:14:24 pm by Max™ »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7647 on: February 14, 2015, 08:12:01 am »

Inspired by the age of the hydra thread and after punching/biting/scratching one to death and reanimating it I made a backup save of the necromancer and then dfusion'D myself into the hydra. Ended up adding grasp tags and upping the speed a bit in that save/raw/objects/creature_standard.txt (with the amusing consequence of letting me climb trees, bwahahahaha) as well as canopendoors.

Then I realized I hadn't tried to speak with anyone, so I caught up to this guy and asked for a cease to hostilities...

Am I really that dangerous?
Well, I appreciate the compliment, so I'll go ahead and bite your head off quickly then, how's that sound?

EuphoriaToRegret

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
    • My Newgrounds Art
« Reply #7648 on: February 14, 2015, 11:34:09 am »

I had the same problem with a mayor. He suffocated right in front of my adventurer after telling me that "I was a pleasure to speak with."

I later started up a fort in the same world and when the liaison showed up, he mentioned the same hillock and that a new person took over. I kinda expected that.

However... when the liaison came the next year, he mentioned the same town and that a new person had become mayor.
Taking a look at the name, I noticed it was the SAME name the mayor that suffocated had.

When I checked the legends, It says the mayor suffocated in the Winter of 251 and then become mayor in 252.

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7649 on: February 14, 2015, 12:22:50 pm »

It's sad to say, but a child who's spent time in a cell makes for a harder companion than any of these 'well-traveled', wanna-be murder hobos I've been using up until now.

I don't know exactly what the goblins are doing to the kids they lock up under their dark fortresses, but whatever it is rivals Dwarven Daycare in terms of effectiveness.

There's three things that makes these unarmed, unarmored children superior to every companion and enemy alike I have ever faced.
First, all of them had demigod level attributes in all the right places. Any one of them would have made a good candidate for a bodyswap.
Second, these are child-sized targets we're dealing with here, and appropriately hard to hit, moreso when demigod-level attributes come into play.
Third, and most importantly, these kids are absolutely fearless. When confronted by a lion while I stand back, a normal companion will run away on me. One of these kids will punch the lion in the face and then beat it to death with their bare hands.
In another encounter with a different child, a wild criminal crossbowman appeared and demanded submission. The child responded with "NO U", headbutted the ganger in the head, demanded submission from the ganger along with his crossbow, recieved both instantly, and then beat the crossbowman to death with his own weapon. If there was a way to formally adopt that kid as my adventurer's child I would have done it on the spot.

So there you have it; the stats of a demigod, the small target that is a child's frame, and the psychotic fury of a an entire village of provoked 0.34 npcs rolled into one adorable package. And while I could keep them, arm them, and create an unstoppable force, there is just one thing:

militia commander embraces Dwarven Child.
That message, and all its variations, is joy to me. Especially this one:
Nadmi Kalsibujit, Human Child: Mother!
Human Child embraces idiot.

Yes mom, you are an idiot. And after clawing into the heart of a large site I can't travel through, murdering my way to the cells beneath a demon's throne room, dragging a superpowered child back through the site, and then facing the greatest enemy of all, rivers, all for that one message, fills me with a satisfaction I just don't get out of much anything else these days.

Besides, there's no challenge, no fun in having something that powerful as support. Better to go it alone and have all the glory for yourself. And what's more, the more of those superkids I return to fort-mode playable civilizations, the more likely I'll have a few migrate to a fort.
Pages: 1 ... 508 509 [510] 511 512 ... 1104