Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 504 505 [506] 507 508 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094888 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #7575 on: February 02, 2015, 10:48:48 am »

Incidentally I'm pretty sure they load behind spoiler tags still, it just makes them not break the tables, which is why I use [img width=600] and such so they are clickable to get the big image but not always full size.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7576 on: February 02, 2015, 01:15:40 pm »

Could we please put the large pictures and the large groups of pictures into a spoiler.

Are you happy now? :'c
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7577 on: February 02, 2015, 05:00:00 pm »

I arrested a bandit leader while he was pummeling a farmer in his own house got him to yield, and interrogated him. It turns out he's from a group headquartered out of a campsite that I thought I had completely wiped out. I knocked him out while I considered my options; do I really want to murder him here in town?

When I stepped outside, I found one of my companions decapitated by one of his lieutenants. Damn, he was the one who knew directions to everywhere. Ok, I'm taking all these assholes out, fuck the reputation. They were eager enough to fight back, which is better than their camping buddies did. The remaining lietenant got second thoughts about his membership in the Sly Dells (cool name though, isn't it?) and bolted off.

I sprinted after him, and wasn't even at top speed when I jumped from two tiles behind him to the full 6-tile distance that I could.

You slam into the Spearman!
The Spearman's left foot skids along the ground and the part splits in gore!
An artery has been opened by the attack!
The Spearman gives into the pain!
The Spearman's left upper leg skids along the ground, bruising the muscle through the jaguar leather cloak!
The Spearman's upper body skids along the ground, bruising the muscle, jamming the left false ribs through the liver and tearing apart the liver!
The Spearman's left lower leg skids along the ground, bruising the bone through the alpaca wool robe!
The Spearman's left lower leg skids along the ground, bruising the muscle through the alpaca wool robe!
The Spearman's upper body skids along the ground, bruising the muscle and bruising the left lung through the jaguar leather cloak!
The Spearman's left upper leg skids along the ground, bruising the muscle through the jaguar leather cloak!

He left a bloodstreak 16 tiles long. His left foot, liver and a lung mangled beyond recognition. I walked to the river to wash the blood off, and by the time I got back, he had left his corpse for me to spit on.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7578 on: February 02, 2015, 05:09:32 pm »

Next time try to grab them once you get close and then jump into them, you can disarm them, remove armor, or just choose to do my favorite neckgrab -> start jump -> takedown during jump and laugh as they slide along the ground.

Though I did have a guy who produced an explosion of teeth doing this, which meant I made him grind his face across the ground... sorry bro.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7579 on: February 02, 2015, 06:48:02 pm »

I'm just average-sized and the only metal I'm wearing is helmet and gauntlets, so most the mass driving that kind of momentum must come from High Strength. If I get full iron and superhuman strength, will I be able to bodysurf across town?

Blade312

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7580 on: February 02, 2015, 06:58:47 pm »

Next time try to grab them once you get close and then jump into them, you can disarm them, remove armor, or just choose to do my favorite neckgrab -> start jump -> takedown during jump and laugh as they slide along the ground.

Though I did have a guy who produced an explosion of teeth doing this, which meant I made him grind his face across the ground... sorry bro.
How would you takedown during the jump when it just skips to the end of the jump, and doesn't really let you do anything in the air?

a smiling bearded cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOTHOUGHT][NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7581 on: February 03, 2015, 12:23:47 am »

Forgot to take the screenshot when I first entered. So this is an after shot.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is not the worst lair for a night troll, but it was one where this hammerdwarf could have easily died. He comes into this with proficient defensive stats across and ended up fighting for a few turns in that area near the door. Luckily she was average in size and had a carving knife, and he got the foot shot quickly dropping her to the ground. Then he dodged adjacent a few times, rotating around her, before going out the door and jumping up the hallway until he found himself outside.

Once outside hammerdwarf repeatedly goes for the neck shot at whatever quality with a few other shots mixed in:
The spinal damage shot to the neck pretty much ends most of the danger in the fight, though then it did take well over 10 minutes to finally pulp the head.

If that Gloom Troll had been skinny and unarmed, likely I'd be re-rolling a new character. When the lair layout doesn't look like it'll help you get outside quickly, more often than not at the lower stat levels, versus skinny unarmed night troll (and from the safety first perspective, it's better to assume this), dying is very likely. Normally when I see a bad lair I skip it and come back a good while later after a bit of improvement.

The ending stats:
Not enough for inside.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 12:41:42 am by a smiling bearded cretin »

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7582 on: February 03, 2015, 12:41:41 am »

Max my boy. How do you do this move. Ive been trying as a gob on a gob and yes I grab and jump and that works but I cant takedown midair. Infact I cant even attack while jumping.
Please explain in concise detail and the order of the move.
Im keen to learn it
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #7583 on: February 03, 2015, 02:23:55 am »

Aye, the issues of jumping and doing stuff midjump always escapes me. Are there certain circumsances or something?
thincake

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7584 on: February 03, 2015, 02:36:41 am »

Oh now when I try the grapple jump it says you cant jump while grappling.
It worked before. If I can nail that move I could easily make it branch into other fighting methods
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7585 on: February 03, 2015, 02:45:14 am »

From my playing around with it, you can jump if the grapple has been targeted but has not yet landed, and also if you're grappling their equipment whether or not the grapple has landed. If you sprint at someone, start a grapple, then jump while still at full speed, they can't dodge out of the way and will most likely go flying.

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7586 on: February 03, 2015, 03:02:26 am »

From my playing around with it, you can jump if the grapple has been targeted but has not yet landed, and also if you're grappling their equipment whether or not the grapple has landed. If you sprint at someone, start a grapple, then jump while still at full speed, they can't dodge out of the way and will most likely go flying.
Ahh cheers bro.
I understand it now.
It works quite well.
I owe you

Lockem Shoto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7587 on: February 03, 2015, 03:49:44 am »

I, the swordsdwarf Shoto Kabrigoth, am travelling the wilderness. After living in my fortress for 5 years, I set out in search of items and food to return to my home fortress. My journey took me on a quest to kill Sebir Onshenlurak Etol Kithin the marsh titan, a muddy monstrosity. All of my companions died due to being webbed. I realised that my shield didn't block webs and ran up a tree. The titan turned to me and tried shooting webs at me, but thanks to my low climbing skill, I was able to hang on to a branch with my right hand while I slashed with my iron short sword with my left hand. I slew the titan.

I am now on a quest to return to my home fortress several hundred maps towards the north. I intend on finishing several more quests while I carry the body of this titan back to my fortress to have it displayed as a trophy.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 04:11:04 am by Lockem Shoto »

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7588 on: February 03, 2015, 10:17:31 am »

I thought claiming some turf would give me at least enough clout to shake down bandit chiefs and crime lords for tribute. So I claimed a camp for a group simply named "The Breed", because my name is already stupidly long, and at least this way I can say the whole claim announcement in one breath, and before the listeners doze off. The name will remain short, but its meaning shall grow!

The chieftain wasn't impressed. I took away his halberd, then his halberd arm, then invited him to sit down to talk by removing one of his legs. When he came to, he yielded, but but still wouldn't pay tribute, so I just decapitated him. His band were pretty upset by that, but not so upset that they would do anything about it. The plan had been to recruit them, but for a moment I had to reconsider the value of such worthless subordinates. Eventually I introduced myself to each, explained the death of their leader, revealed some of the gruesome details of my previous endeavors, and successfully made them all my hearthpersons (what a crappy name.)

On the way to the next camp, I stopped at an asterisk at night and found a human encamped with a small shelter built up around him. Out in the middle of nowhere, a hutch with walls and roof sturdy enough to keep boogeymen out. I didn't know they could do that! Why I can't I do that! Well, he immediately yielded to me, but aggroed the goblin bandit I had brought along, so I had to put an end to him. I slept in his shelter for the night, and the next morning it had just vanished. wtf?

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7589 on: February 03, 2015, 10:28:42 am »

I was hunting at night with a random crossbower who was loitering near my fort and though introducing himseld would help.
A pack of hyenas attacked us and I whipped out some moves from empty fist.
Was doing well only bruised thrice. And the meatsack attatched to the crossbow gave up and another noble weapon was left to fend for itself.

I looted the useless ....s stuff and he had a llama wool mail shirt... and llama wool breastplate... wow fashion faux metal.
Who the truck makes this shit I screamed. And put it on. I guess its comfy enough.
We hit llama wool, praise the shearers.
I dont think its a bug, it just not an artifact because of the total lack of dangly blingness
Pages: 1 ... 504 505 [506] 507 508 ... 1104