Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 503 504 [505] 506 507 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095001 times)

Huntthetroll

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #7560 on: January 31, 2015, 02:15:32 pm »

My human axeman has been intercepting and massacring goblin patrols for kicks since about an in-game week ago.  I guess they finally decided that she was enough of a threat to bring out the big guns.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You can't tell from the picture, but all of those trolls are armed.  Total enemies:

1 goblin lasher
2 goblin axemen
3 troll crossbowmen
2 troll spearmen
1 troll maceman
1 troll axemen

Has anyone encountered trolls with weapons before?  This is a new experience for me.

It seems that the bug which causes trolls to respawn in dark pits/fortresses is affecting these trolls as well.  I killed everyone that ambushed me in the picture above, only to find another seven armed trolls when I returned to that spot on the continent map.  I killed the second set of trolls only to find a third at the same spot, and so on.  By now my character has killed nearly a hundred trolls in the same spot, but nonetheless she still encounters seven new trolls each time she returns.

mineforce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7561 on: January 31, 2015, 04:35:47 pm »

Urist
Ulspa
Olith
Acita

I think it's time I create this legendary group of adventurers
Who's born in the fortress, die in the fortress

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #7562 on: January 31, 2015, 06:13:19 pm »

Dagger, dagger, dagger ,and ,dagger

Sound aewsome
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7563 on: January 31, 2015, 08:19:03 pm »

I can't find any of the nobles because they've all relocated to this little hamlet on the other side of the continent, where the Empire was originally founded. I think my lord is still in my hometown, but it's been awhile since I've been back; maybe he's run to cloister, too. Meanwhile, the councilors tell me there are no fewer than 10 factions vying for control of this place, and no one is here minding the store.

Maybe by cleaning up the place I can widen the power vacuum enough to sit comfortably in it, then crush all remaining opposition. I've never had my own city before.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7564 on: February 01, 2015, 05:05:55 am »

My human axeman has been intercepting and massacring goblin patrols for kicks since about an in-game week ago.  I guess they finally decided that she was enough of a threat to bring out the big guns.

You can't tell from the picture, but all of those trolls are armed.  Total enemies:

1 goblin lasher
2 goblin axemen
3 troll crossbowmen
2 troll spearmen
1 troll maceman
1 troll axemen

Has anyone encountered trolls with weapons before?  This is a new experience for me.

It seems that the bug which causes trolls to respawn in dark pits/fortresses is affecting these trolls as well.  I killed everyone that ambushed me in the picture above, only to find another seven armed trolls when I returned to that spot on the continent map.  I killed the second set of trolls only to find a third at the same spot, and so on.  By now my character has killed nearly a hundred trolls in the same spot, but nonetheless she still encounters seven new trolls each time she returns.
That's what happened to me earlier... except instead of trolls, it was a few waves of zombies... and an asterisk that wouldn't ambush me which turned out to be a llama and a cavy... that kept respawning every time I killed them.

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7565 on: February 01, 2015, 07:25:01 am »

In a new world I made to be hard there are beasts everywhere.
I started in a town called jungleconfused as a female. A god had been cursing a ridiculous amount of people into vampires and werebeasts, ridiculous ones to, weremouse, werecavy, werelemur, wererhino.. oh that ones not that bad.
And i walked south of this town and found 4 sites right next to eachother.
So what I saw was 4 naked people and they spat as I got near them so I assumed they had to be werellamas, was I wrong.
A werepig attracted my attention the most so he and a werelemur fought over me like some peice of meat, well im not! I have fucking feelings!
After ripping the lemur apart the werepig turns to the crying mess that is my green adventurer, what was I doing wrong? was it the sleeping in the middle of forest? I fought with all I had an iron sheild and shortsword and got bitten by the piggy. Made a fire and it ran away from my fire making powers. I will come back for my pig husband when I need the nice guy.
For now empower the weak.
Im going to like the limb regen. Better than uber powerful vampire heads and torso trying to bite feet for "just a drop man"
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

ArmokGoB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7566 on: February 01, 2015, 10:17:42 am »

I went underground and dual-wielded one and a half naked mole dog corpses until a giant cave spider webbed me and ate my face.
Cyclopes, prepare to meet your demise at the metaphorical hands of my cushion ruby cabochons.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7567 on: February 01, 2015, 02:35:14 pm »

"You shake The Lion around by the lower body, tearing apart the lower body skin and bruising the fat!
 It is a gelding blow!"

I should enshrine this in my sig.

Oh, and why is The Lion fully capitalized, but when I become lord, it isn't?! I demand respect, peons -- you better capitalize My Title, or I'll castrate you with my teeth, too!

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7568 on: February 01, 2015, 08:10:42 pm »

Undead may just possibly be a little OP.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 02:14:02 pm by Broseph Stalin »

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7569 on: February 01, 2015, 08:25:35 pm »

« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 01:14:35 pm by nomoetoe »
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

a smiling bearded cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOTHOUGHT][NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7570 on: February 01, 2015, 09:45:21 pm »

For night trolls/horrors, usually hitting the foot or leg is what comes first, then followed by shots of opportunity to the upper/lower legs and arms to kill the grab attack before being comfortable enough to try to finish, but sometimes you get the gift of the neck which turns the night troll/horror from a very clever and dangerous orangutan into just a bitey snake:

The last handful of night trolls/horrors I've gone against with blunt weapon, I've sought out the neck and it's pretty much made the entire combat a good deal quicker and much less dangerous, since without spinal damage, a creature with a grab attack can grab with upper/lower limbs/teeth. This is 4 areas to damage with blunt (I've never gotten hits to the teeth consistently so I skip looking), or possibly just 2 areas if you have the axe or sword. This brings it down to just biting and crawling on the ground.

A couple of people in 2 or 3 of the older threads, spoke about the usefulness of neck attacks and since that time I was only occasionally using them. In Oct/Nov I mainly fielded spear or swordsdwarfs so that info felt less useful for my characters. Only in the last few weeks have I returned to using pulpers.

For me the spinal damage tactic versus night trolls kind of re-orders the spectrum of NPC strength, dropping them below the hydra and it makes it slightly less fun, but somehow still enjoyable.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 09:47:01 pm by a smiling bearded cretin »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7571 on: February 01, 2015, 10:20:06 pm »

After tackling all the goblins with a dorf girl in a brand new world (year 3) and killing the demon in charge with a pickaxe, I was loathe to risk the horrible gunk I am sure covers the purple expanse of super evil biomes spanning most of the middle of the map, so I brought her to a nearby steel angel hamlet (modded race, replace stuff in bronze colossus with steel, elf sized, and I added flier tags to the hands because wrestling/striking with the wings just got clunky and overwhelming... also added civ access to steel making and plate gear so there is some nice loot seeded here and there in worlds where they survive long enough, but they're peaceful and low pop so they won't godstomp everyone) as they're much better suited for slogs through horrible goop... and also very fun to use Kisat Dur with.

Found some elves and was getting info from the diplomat, then the queen, and later told the queen that since her diplomat wouldn't bow to me I killed him. She spits at me, I tackle her out of the tree, and my steel angel swordsman partner hacks her head off. Later I see an asterisk roaming the area and catch up to it, no ambush, but it is apparently a new diplomat!

I decide to have fun so I grab some of the molten coins in my backpack (I'm fireproof... and was making use of this to uh... prune some trees) and offer them to him as a gift... along with the corpse of his queen, her ear, and head:

Afterwards I told him that my friend--the terrifyingly fast and deadly little angel statue with the sword over there--was responsible for killing her. He was upset but didn't get violent or anything, so grabbed the queens head back and tackled him out of the tree, he tries to shoot me with his bow, so I grab it and tackle him again.

At this point I was expecting him to run or futilely slap at my steel hide... so this was a surprise which made me hurt myself laughing when it sunk in what just happened:

...what is this I don't even.

"Oh gods, the queen is dead, you bastards! Don't worry my liege, I will avenge you... WITH YOU!"

Naturally after this happened and my partner did what she does (spoiler alert: it involves ripping things to shreds and then making their heads careen across the map) I was inspired to see if I could replicate this... what is funnier than making a diplomat attack you with the corpse of his dead queen?

Did you say "getting an acolyte to dual-wield the corpses of the diplomat and queen" just now? What the hell is wrong with you!

You're absolutely correct though:
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 10:46:43 am by Max™ »

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7572 on: February 02, 2015, 08:19:37 am »

This world was genned from world and history seeds of another world overpopulated with vampires, so at least that aspect is consistent. But the vampires in the previous world stayed underground; the ones that didn't command high public office, that is. Now very few of them have lairs, the rest of them run amok through the city, there was at least 5 who rampaged the keep courtyard daily.

Another major difference is that civilization is more fragmented and more competitive. Also, goblin expansion is a major threat, sitting in the center of 6 empires with vast claims in all of them. They're able to withstand heavy attrition, and win battles even with a casualty ratio over 500:1. Forget about claiming this crappy town in this little empire, that's where the action is. I'm certain I'll find steel there, too.

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7573 on: February 02, 2015, 08:30:00 am »

Could we please put the large pictures and the large groups of pictures into a spoiler.

I like this thread and will often look at the pictures just hide them.
Yeah and wash behind your ears.

Love That Wolf
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7574 on: February 02, 2015, 09:01:22 am »

Could we please put the large pictures and the large groups of pictures into a spoiler.
I second that. People will look at your pictures if the description is interesting enough, but we don't need to load all of them every single time we look at the last page of the thread. It seems like every big photo essay just encourages someone to make a bigger one, bloating the thread and making it take longer for the whole page to load and expand so you can catch up to the last entry.
Pages: 1 ... 503 504 [505] 506 507 ... 1104