Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 477 478 [479] 480 481 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094855 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #7170 on: November 07, 2014, 07:46:42 pm »

Tentacle teeth, wut?.....

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
  • A large firefly fond of technology and art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7171 on: November 08, 2014, 01:37:54 am »

I'm getting killed by the same Roc. Repeatedly. It's not about the quest anymore, it's about the frustration of 'WHY WON'T YOU DIE?!' that I'm attacking it now.
She is tall and lanky. Her eyes are brown. Her wing case is black. Her wings are translucent. Her abdomen glows bright yellow.
Pyrefly likes bluejay feathers, flowers, videogames, computers, hydras for their seven heads, cats for their aloofness, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible, she prefers to consume cow steaks and flavored sparkling water. She absolutely detests wasps.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7172 on: November 08, 2014, 05:02:48 pm »

Yes! After two irl days of training my axeman up to legendary axe wielder, and fighting against trolls for practice, I slew a hydra one on one! The bastard claimed a foot though. And somehow, my shield is missing. But I killed it! It's head is too heavy to lift though. Dammit.

EDIT: And now, while finishing off a swamp titan, a Bronze Colossus shows up. Could this day get any better?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 05:07:11 pm by StagnantSoul »
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7173 on: November 08, 2014, 05:07:15 pm »

You can butcher the hydra corpse, you should obtain a skull, one of my character managed to bring back a hydra skull (though he was slowed down a lot) to the home castle

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7174 on: November 08, 2014, 05:14:27 pm »

Hoping this bronze statue finds a good home. Going to try and leave it in my currently retired fortress. It's a statue of forgotten beasts.

EDIT: BRING IT ON, DRAGON!

EDIT: I was one hitted... But the dragon took a stab to the head and died directly after! That statue will never reach my fortress...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 06:54:12 pm by StagnantSoul »
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7175 on: November 08, 2014, 10:19:33 pm »

So, on a quest to become a necromancer, can't convince anyone to give me a quest.  Also I found a multicultural army of goblins, elves, dwarves, and humans. Yeah, all of them. And hell-bent on world domination, it seems.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7176 on: November 08, 2014, 11:40:24 pm »

I have discovered that if you drop stuff on people, those that witnessed the death by falling object don't get angry at me.

Socrates1337

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7177 on: November 09, 2014, 11:28:02 pm »

I have discovered that if you drop stuff on people, those that witnessed the death by falling object don't get angry at me.
How exactly do you drop the objects on them?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7178 on: November 10, 2014, 01:47:23 am »

How exactly do you drop the objects on them?
Drop items while climbing, maybe?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7179 on: November 11, 2014, 10:49:11 am »

Currently trying to get bitten by a wererhino, two attempts so far have resulted in the wererhino dying.

Edit: Got my hand bitten off, does that count? edit: no it does not.

Edit: After a couple tries, I got bitten (and then leg ripped off), so I thought it worked, but apparently not, unfortunately, I saved the game thinking it had worked. Theres some wereiguanas around that I was planning on using as a second choice, or maybe a werearmadillo, now I just need to find a crutch somewhere.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 11:18:03 am by smjjames »

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7180 on: November 11, 2014, 11:38:46 am »

Got a full 12 group of companions, all bow and crossbowmen, all to hunt down a vampire and drink it's blood. Found one on a road at night, it dodged all twelve bolts and the thrown pick, I went into combat with it, got a few stabs in the heart, and somehow decapitated him. Yay! Drank his blood, picked some up just in case, and fast travelled away. Not ten seconds laster... "You have found a lair!" I go back to normal, go into the lair, only to be lit on fire by a dragon, then bit in half. Crépe.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7181 on: November 11, 2014, 02:54:48 pm »

Oof, got caught by this bug: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=7782

I wonder why nobody else has reported it or mentioned it on the forums? Obviously it's rare, but some people will run into it eventually.

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #7182 on: November 11, 2014, 09:19:52 pm »

Found out that cave adaption works on adventurers as well. Had a dwarf who traveled/lived exclusively underground for several weeks; but in the tunnel to a goblin site he stopped for food, and was mysteriously transported to the surface, just about at dawn. Sun comes up - vomit goes everywhere. Speed slowed to 1/3. Crawled into a tower to rest. Killed by a lasher.

Wasn't a fruitless life, though. At one point I slew the entire nobility of the kingdom, who for some reason were all in the same fortress - royal banquet, maybe?
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great laziness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7183 on: November 11, 2014, 10:59:01 pm »

I found the town of Arrowpresent, which had been destroyed and it's inhabitants routed by a hydra about a century ago. It was however claimed by some kobolds. Okay, nothing out of the ordinary there. I decided to explore it and it's nothing remarkable - the town is largely deserted. I found the 'temple' there (The Beloved Temple), which turned out to literally just be a single corridor UNDERNEATH a path in the town filled with engravings named in the kobold utterances. Cool. So I then explore the keep, lo and behold it's empty. Determined to find some signs of life I scale one of the wall-towers of the keep and at the top I find the townsfolk...

Loads of kobold priests. Just priests.
Literally all there is in this town is a keep (with kobold priests standing atop the walls, no doubt in worship), a temple (which is just a corridor that's not even sealed properly) and some unused markets (with their goods lying out in the open. It's all meat.)

I think I found some kind of kobold Shangri-La.

EDIT: Oh by the way there's loads of giant brown-recluse webs everywhere. A few in the keep and then in the area surrounding the town just out in the fields. Is it... their god?

EDIT II: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: The Beloved Temple is ruled by The Faith of Suitors who worship Testri the Fragrant Drums, a human god of lust, originally a human group formed in 21. After the human population of Arrowpresent was flushed from the site however the kobold Muthe Workentries became the Sacred Blush of the Faith of Suitors. Every other kobold that became a priest of the Faith of Suitors also has a last name, something I though wasn't possible for kobolds unless they were given a language.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7184 on: November 13, 2014, 03:38:32 pm »

FUUUUUUU! The angel guardians of this vault are fire based and throw fireballs AND breathe fire, even though I blocked the fire, the fireball set me on fire anyway.

I made myself into a wereiguana and I'm trying to get a demon to summon and use to attack a necro tower. Initially, I saw that the servants were water based, so I thought, okay, easy, but NOOOO, it just had to have fire based guardians.

I did make a save to before I went in, so I can go back to that. though maybe I'll see if removing the waterskins and the backpack helps.

Edit: Nope, still get caught on fire.

Theres several other vaults in this worlgen that I can use anyway, and that vault is the only one with those specific guardians.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 03:47:19 pm by smjjames »
Pages: 1 ... 477 478 [479] 480 481 ... 1104