Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 472 473 [474] 475 476 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094608 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #7095 on: October 26, 2014, 04:39:27 pm »

After I killed a long range (it was REALLY long range) goblin patrol that was right at a fort, I reported the deaths and when I asked about opinions, the bookkeeper said that I was a killer because I killed one of the goblins and unhinged because I attacked someone. I should note that the patrol was at lethal stance with me (and my two companions who died quickly).

Not sure if something's off with that.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7096 on: October 26, 2014, 04:44:55 pm »

My first thought is that maybe hes a pacifist.  But death should be familiar events to anyone in DF, even farmers and wealthier merchants
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7097 on: October 26, 2014, 04:50:59 pm »

I'm not even sure if they have a negative opinion of me or not though.

Unhinged though, is a pretty accurate description of adventurers anyway.

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7098 on: October 26, 2014, 04:53:48 pm »

After I killed a long range (it was REALLY long range) goblin patrol that was right at a fort, I reported the deaths and when I asked about opinions, the bookkeeper said that I was a killer because I killed one of the goblins and unhinged because I attacked someone. I should note that the patrol was at lethal stance with me (and my two companions who died quickly).

Not sure if something's off with that.
One of goblins yielded? You know, meybe it was only goblin, but this goblin was a person. If there will be rumors about killed by you persons, but person didnt know or just doesnt think killed by you person was bad, They will call you a killer. Just because you are killer.

you are Unhinged when you are atacking random person
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7099 on: October 26, 2014, 04:58:53 pm »

Well lost my save from bugginess. Quite sad, but now I there is a new version and I got to use the power of modding so I can make stuff in adventure mode. :"D!
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7100 on: October 26, 2014, 05:42:43 pm »

If you kill anything , everyone you're talking with about you as the subject will tell you are a killer.
They don't hate you though (a lord was telling me i was a killer for killing a goblin bandit in town, but he told me it was a real pleasure to talk with me), when they do actually hate you they call you murderer on top of killer.

But certainly, "you are a killer" is a very odd thing to say to someone that saved your sorry bottom, dialogue will need some adjustement to be more appropriate to situtations

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7101 on: October 26, 2014, 06:30:47 pm »

Yeah, the way it's being said is very odd.

Also, has anybody noticed that the 'sunk into depression' indicator is flashing way too fast to be easily visible?

Edit: Heh, one of my rescued prisioners decided to go and throw a tantrum. I think it might be the one who was 'stumbling obliviously' initially. I tried asking him about feelings, but he isn't saying why, just tantrumming.

Never seen anything go tantrum in adventure mode.

Edit2: And one of the rescued prisioners fell into depression and isn't moving. Great, another thing that I have to wait for them to snap out of. I suspect two other prisioners are the same.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 07:19:03 pm by smjjames »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #7102 on: October 26, 2014, 08:49:37 pm »

I met a GCS as my first enemy and I fell asleep somehow. It's spent the last five minutes trying to bite through my +steel helm+.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7103 on: October 26, 2014, 10:12:50 pm »

If you kill anything , everyone you're talking with about you as the subject will tell you are a killer.
They don't hate you though (a lord was telling me i was a killer for killing a goblin bandit in town, but he told me it was a real pleasure to talk with me), when they do actually hate you they call you murderer on top of killer.

But certainly, "you are a killer" is a very odd thing to say to someone that saved your sorry bottom, dialogue will need some adjustement to be more appropriate to situtations
well you did kill someone, you got blood on your hands. Ehh I don't know I really need to jump into the new version, though I tend to play my Good adventurers as pacifists and neutral and evil characters with disregard to all life. I wonder if playing a good alignment adventurer now boils down to disarming and talking the person into escaping or wrestling items out of aggressors hands and demanding them to yield and run away.

edit: okay started my first 14 adventurer and it's a Lieutenant for a military. It's just the 2 of us and the master isn't giving me any info on family or friends or professions or feelings. I just check my quest menu of the group I'm at and it's a nomadic group which is funny since I started in a camp. I kinda wonder if 'bandits camps' are now called Nomad Camps in 40.14.  the naming does make sense with the negative feedback for cleaning out those places.

edit: walk out of the camp and found a wondering bowwoman who was deeply sadden over a lost of a former partner, when I check her description she got no signs of scarring or wounds but her body...
so uhh she's bruised all over but her upper body.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 10:55:27 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7104 on: October 26, 2014, 10:44:59 pm »

Started a new human adventurer as a Hero. Got lucky and found a steel sword in the castle I spawned in, and then asked the ruler what the troubles were. Something something something, city of "criminals". Decided that was good enough for me. Walked there, walked to the place they were ruling from, and promptly stabbed everyone there. Now I'm going on a rampage in the city proper using my own little style of "slash their guts out and behead them". You know, I'm pretty sure this is the only game you can ever do something like that in.
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7105 on: October 27, 2014, 11:41:37 am »

I today figureout how marching army task are working - more or less - i headed to hemlet, where army was heading and asked lady about her problems, she said me about army marching there (from neighbors hemlet, but i didn't see any army) and she asked me to find related to her person, when i asked her if she want join.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7106 on: October 27, 2014, 12:15:11 pm »

Interesting, i never saw that dialogue.
I gave a try with a lady in a castle that had "army marching" troubles, but i can't seem to generate the "come with me to safety" answer.

I wonder if there are some requirements in relationship with a specific individual  to have the possiblity of giving such this answer.

I've been playing with a peasant to test how weak character could fare and surprisingly he is doing rather well (thanks to stealth and whipping enemies in the hand from behind, making them lose their weapon and lose consciousness in the same time) and cleared a couple of time the "bandit in town" problems, got a nice iron whip and iron shield from looting the corpses (that helped kill more bandit gobs).

I even got accepted as a heartperson (didn't thought only killing 5 bandit goblins would be enough, strange as past "demigod" characters did a lot more but still weren't deemed "worthy" ?) , and finally got 1 soldier to accept to join me (before the heartperson promotion, they were refusing)

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7107 on: October 27, 2014, 12:51:28 pm »

Interesting, i never saw that dialogue.
I gave a try with a lady in a castle that had "army marching" troubles, but i can't seem to generate the "come with me to safety" answer.

I wonder if there are some requirements in relationship with a specific individual  to have the possiblity of giving such this answer.

I've been playing with a peasant to test how weak character could fare and surprisingly he is doing rather well (thanks to stealth and whipping enemies in the hand from behind, making them lose their weapon and lose consciousness in the same time) and cleared a couple of time the "bandit in town" problems, got a nice iron whip and iron shield from looting the corpses (that helped kill more bandit gobs).

I even got accepted as a heartperson (didn't thought only killing 5 bandit goblins would be enough, strange as past "demigod" characters did a lot more but still weren't deemed "worthy" ?) , and finally got 1 soldier to accept to join me (before the heartperson promotion, they were refusing)
I allready was hearthperson. Now is a lot easier to be one, just find a courple people who will start fight with you and kill them/disarm them. :)
I just asked her for problems and i had this as third option.

NoobKid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7108 on: October 27, 2014, 09:34:26 pm »

I think the army has to be marching on the town the lady rules over. Otherwise you'd have to go to said town and get the lord/lady there.

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7109 on: October 28, 2014, 04:42:26 am »

Option about which i was speaking:

I leaded her to town where her family was living and left she there just by canceling her agreement.
Pages: 1 ... 472 473 [474] 475 476 ... 1104