Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469] 470 471 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094362 times)

BeesAreWatching

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #7020 on: October 12, 2014, 03:23:43 pm »

Modded kobolds to be playable regardless of whether or not other races are still around. Decided to begin an adventure as a kobold to see what it's like.

I immediately accuse the first lord I meet of being a night creature because I feel like it. Turns out he is.
Oh dear. I'm basically dead. A kobold with starting skills and nothing but a copper spear is not going to fight off a human vampire.

I stab him in the arm.
"I must withdraw!"
The invincible vampire starts crying and runs right out the door.
How embarrassing. I get to be a kobold vampire now though, that'll be entertaining!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7021 on: October 12, 2014, 06:02:29 pm »

I'm attempting to take over the hamlet of a civ which had occupied some of my dwarven civs sites and I'm trying to beat the hearthpersons there up into submitting to me, but my companions keep on insisting killing them and theres no way to tell the companions to stop attacking the target.

Being the lord of a place you claimed and retirement seems to work funky because I retired my adventurer in the second hamlet he claimed, but after unretire, he is a devoted member of the first group rather than lord and is a former member of the other one, plus he moved back to the first claimed hamlet.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 07:21:32 pm by smjjames »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7022 on: October 13, 2014, 01:14:16 pm »

Okay, started a new adventurer who somehow started a loyalty cascade and a bit later when I go to the surface and follow two dwarves running around, I suddenly spot a fire imp recruit, use DFhack reveal to see what the heck is going on and theres various cave critters (and a chicken and a dead eagle or something) on the cave roof.

Fakeedit: I went back to the save, went outside, moved far enough for the site to offload, returned and then returned and there were various cave critters. Theres also 'no layer area available for historical figure' error spam.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 01:16:18 pm by smjjames »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7023 on: October 13, 2014, 05:55:09 pm »

Has anybody had a thing where if you attack stuff, but the companions don't attack? or rather the companions don't attack back.

I'd like to post a bug report, but with the incoming thought/emotion rewrite, I think I'll hold off because who knows how that will affect all of the bugs.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 06:01:51 pm by smjjames »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7024 on: October 14, 2014, 01:56:32 am »

People had this issue with reanimated corpse creatures, where since they are recently created with no Civil ties to anything causes them to not attack others, I guess this also stops the enemy from attacking them as well since they have no (in game logic)reason to attack them.  this leads to an (0.31)"elf companion in the woods" effect where they stay out of the scuffle and the enemy attacks you.
The only solution to avoid loyalty cascades is to learn who loyalty lies with who by browsing the legends mode first.
in other words we have companions that don't act like secret service to us and more like bored people who want to follow you on a quest to kill some megabeast, oh well best to adapt and learn the changes.

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7025 on: October 14, 2014, 10:17:52 am »

People had this issue with reanimated corpse creatures, where since they are recently created with no Civil ties to anything causes them to not attack others, I guess this also stops the enemy from attacking them as well since they have no (in game logic)reason to attack them.  this leads to an (0.31)"elf companion in the woods" effect where they stay out of the scuffle and the enemy attacks you.
The only solution to avoid loyalty cascades is to learn who loyalty lies with who by browsing the legends mode first.
in other words we have companions that don't act like secret service to us and more like bored people who want to follow you on a quest to kill some megabeast, oh well best to adapt and learn the changes.

I did wonder if the random elf companions that I picked up for cannon fodder (well okay, not so much cannon fodder as scapegoats or whatever) when I went to raid a retreat that had an army on the way, was confusing the AI in some way or other. Also, logically, if they're being attacked, they should fight back regardless of loyalty.

As for the reanimated corpses, I had that intermittently with my zombie horde while attacking a goblin site and I reported that.

For the needing to look in legends mode to see who's loyalty lies with who, it would be nice if we didn't have to.

Anyways, in my adventure news, I cleaned out the sleeping animal armies and various cave critter recruits that got spawned by the odd loyalty cascade/insurrection and it's branch off effects. Made a copy of the save while I was at one of the sleeping animal army tents in case a save is requested for it.

Then I went to look for the army that had been 'on the march' for some time towards a retreat. Had to look in legendsviewer to see where the commander was at, went there and guess where I found the army? Stuck sleeping at it's departure point. Is there anything I can do to get the army moving? I tried what someone had said some time ago where they killed the army leader and the army moved on, didn't work.

Not sure if I should bother reporting this bug with the army stuck at the departure point and whether I should post it in the sleeping army report ticket or make a new one.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 10:21:14 am by smjjames »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7026 on: October 14, 2014, 11:07:32 am »

And um, I'm encountering hostile merchants in an abandoned town with no ownership that I have not been to, definetly a bug.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7027 on: October 14, 2014, 01:12:07 pm »

I decided to play as an insane savage. I started as an outsider I went on spree to mutilate peasants, by cutting off their hands and feet. Then my avatar went completely bonkers, discarded his spear and knife and picked up two hands to use as a weapon. It doesn't seem very effective, but hey, I'm insane.

I think I swap for full arms now.

UPD: Upper arms are so deadly it's ridiculous. I'm pick&arm guy now.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 01:33:52 pm by Sirbug »
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7028 on: October 14, 2014, 02:39:19 pm »

While visiting a volcano, my adventurer was caught in freakish weather and subsequently passed out. I have no idea how long I'm going to have to wait for her to wake up so I can throw stuff in the volcano.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7029 on: October 14, 2014, 02:40:22 pm »

Why are you doing such a thing, baroness consort?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Soo, why is that happening?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7030 on: October 14, 2014, 02:50:40 pm »

Was in an evil biome, luckily no clouds, and decided to visit the dwarven fortress nearby, in a neutral. Went down the wrong path, ended up in the caves of the evil biome. A few blind cave ogres, giant cave spiders, packs of crundles and troglodites, a cave dragon, oddly, a pair of goblin weapon masters in a very lag filled area, and some rutherers, I found another dwarven fortress! Buuut...

Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7031 on: October 14, 2014, 03:09:12 pm »

Why are you doing such a thing, baroness consort?

Soo, why is that happening?

I think there's a problem currently with consorts still being considered as being simple workers (and using their previous job) instead of more logically being treated by the game as nobles as they should post-marriage.

In my previous character run, i had an spearman/woman (don't remember exactly) that was actually a consort, but still he /she was drafted into my party as if he/she was still a base spearman/woman and not a noble.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7032 on: October 14, 2014, 03:11:13 pm »

Speaking of GCSs, some time ago, while I was running along the cavern roads, I got chased by a giant toad, thought 'hm, I'll just outrun/outendurance it' then suddenly a GCS comes out of ambush pretty close to me, but instead of attacking me (was pretty close), it went for the giant toad and I sped away.

Gotta love the new predator/prey type interactions in 40.xx

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7033 on: October 14, 2014, 06:50:10 pm »

Speaking of GCSs, some time ago, while I was running along the cavern roads, I got chased by a giant toad, thought 'hm, I'll just outrun/outendurance it' then suddenly a GCS comes out of ambush pretty close to me, but instead of attacking me (was pretty close), it went for the giant toad and I sped away.

Gotta love the new predator/prey type interactions in 40.xx

Was a gift from the Great Toady one, he smiled down on you and sacrificed the toad chasing you to the GCS so you may live. <3
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7034 on: October 14, 2014, 07:58:28 pm »

So zombies may be able to hear/smell/(probly not)see you through walls, but here is evidence it is either scripted or a one-use thing.
http://mkv25.net/dfma/movie-2692-zombiesneak

I think they legit chase you based on your movement or something.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469] 470 471 ... 1104