Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 466 467 [468] 469 470 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094376 times)

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #7005 on: October 09, 2014, 01:50:16 am »

Now Robsoie, don't be rude. that demon is clearly a female and you should respect that. c: its very rude to call her a he.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7006 on: October 09, 2014, 08:12:08 am »

What's a spider serpentmancer?

You could just bash his/her head in and since necromancers still need to breathe, you could choke him/her to death..
learn recently I my character can't learn any new spells  SO..... I just left the serpent guy alone, the idea of Trading items with friendly folks is a nice option I thought I should share to you guys.
the serpent-man spider- verminancer is from the mod Dark ages.

I think my horde is made up of Toads, serpent-men, few random dwarf thieves, and a couple humans.

Now Robsoie, don't be rude. that demon is clearly a female and you should respect that. c: its very rude to call her a he.
Good luck Robsoie you won 40.xx Dwarf fortress adventure mode, well I can't out adventure 'sacrificing your entire army for a single lizard demon who rules a goblin kingdom her'

it's something I would have done in your shoes, and you beat me to it.
Congrats, hope you keep a separate save of this.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7007 on: October 09, 2014, 08:42:34 am »

Oops, didn't checked the demon that closely to notice he was a she :D

Very nice drawing !

Looking at it, it made me think about the actual size difference, while the description of the demon is mentionning that she is "towering" it wasn't exactly telling me how much more she is actually "towering", so i looked at the wiki
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Demon

They are very large (size 10000000, smaller than a megabeast, but significantly larger than a giant and 167 times the size of a dwarf).
:o
I didn't thought they were that gigantic.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7008 on: October 09, 2014, 10:10:23 am »

Oops, didn't checked the demon that closely to notice he was a she :D

Very nice drawing !

Looking at it, it made me think about the actual size difference, while the description of the demon is mentionning that she is "towering" it wasn't exactly telling me how much more she is actually "towering", so i looked at the wiki
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Demon

They are very large (size 10000000, smaller than a megabeast, but significantly larger than a giant and 167 times the size of a dwarf).
:o
I didn't thought they were that gigantic.
OH no They say she got to go, go, go, CodZilla. Oh no there goes Gemclod, oh no CodZilla. insert sweet guitar riffs

And here I thought this can't get any better.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7009 on: October 09, 2014, 03:02:45 pm »

When I went into a forest retreat with a small team to try and 'cause trouble' (whatever the heck that is supposed to mean), after I had killed some elves, I noticed that they seemed to be respawning.

So, after I finished up for the night, camped outside the site and came back, saw that there were two bowyers who were standing right where their own corpses were, yeah, they have the same name as the corpses.

So, yeah, the elven sites are having that respawning issue as well.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7010 on: October 09, 2014, 07:03:11 pm »

I was already on the second adventurer with the previous post and had already recruited my old adventurer who I had 'exiled' into another dwarven civ (still a fortress guard though).

Since vampires with soldier professions are rather scarce and hard to find (plus constantly moving targets), I've decided to go around to various cities and find weaponmasters to join into my team which I will use to attempt to penetrate a vault.

Also, the two weaponmasters currently on my team are apparently aunt and niece, lol.

Edit: Arg dangit, ran into some sort of crash while in a keep.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 07:18:54 pm by smjjames »

a smiling bearded cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOTHOUGHT][NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7011 on: October 09, 2014, 08:03:34 pm »

The goblin bowman, the speardwarf and my hammerdwarf traveled in search of a titan's shrine.

On the way there was conversation whenever we stopped to heat 65+ ice in a bag. The goblin always seems really very pleased to speak with this speardwarf. After the initial pleasantries there's always talk of terror and other beasts.

During run in with a pack of dingoes, it was revealed this was goblin bowman without a bow, just fists, and he was fond of charging. My hammerdwarf should have followed the lead of the speardwarf and just waited for the fight to be over.

The shrine had no titan but my hammerdwarf was able to fully armor up. The only thing wanting now was a breastplate. So a success.

On the return trip we struck down another night hag. Before going into her underground lair my dwarf dropped some items to get back up to 1.000 speed. Upon exit from the lair, the game scattered these items about:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well, I think I'll leave them all in the lair and gen a new world. Maybe I'll get back to this one to properly retire the hammerdwarf at some point. Part of me wonders if this goblin and speardwarf will ever elope. Will the hammerdwarf have to serve as a priest?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7012 on: October 09, 2014, 08:25:19 pm »

I created a clone of my companion, that moves when he moves.  I have yet to see if he will attack in synchronization too.  I figure Ill report it when I get it confirmed for sure.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7013 on: October 09, 2014, 09:31:08 pm »

I've noticed that happen to my companions or people in sites I frequent too. Haven't tried to pin down a source.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7014 on: October 09, 2014, 09:35:07 pm »

I created a clone of my companion, that moves when he moves.  I have yet to see if he will attack in synchronization too.  I figure Ill report it when I get it confirmed for sure.

That'd be this bug: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=5106

Also, this one http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=8316 REALLY needs to be looked at as it's pratically gamebreaking. Because I ran into that and tried the suggestion that someone said of keeping pressing 'a' or esc, which didn't help.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 09:37:11 pm by smjjames »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7015 on: October 10, 2014, 10:29:26 am »

Doing my second try at getting to a necro tower. I'm trying to use a ring of campfires, I already set a fire or two outside of it to try and burn some of the corpses and I'm chucking rocks at the zombies, it's slow going.

One of my three companions inside the ring, a spearman, freaked out and tried to jump the campfire and run, died fast. The other two haven't yet. Whether that's because they saw what happened to the other guy or they have stronger wills, no idea. Would be nice if my two companions followed my lead and chucked rocks at the zombies, would be a heck of a lot faster.

If I gave my two companions (my former dwarf adventurer and a hammergob) races the ability to spit rocks like magma crabs, would that also give the same ability to the zombies?

Edit: I accidentially threw a rock at my former adventurer, who got killed by my hammergob adventurer, who I then also accidentially threw a rock at, and just now I accidentially stabbed him while trying to move to the tile my former adventurers stuff is on.

Edit2: I wasn't able to kill all of them before the campfires started burning out, so I made a run for the tower (every single zombie was outside and while there was one necromancer, he didn't even react). The corpses are still hostile to me though.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 12:44:15 pm by smjjames »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7016 on: October 11, 2014, 11:11:59 am »

So I slept in a tree, and I was awoken by non-existent cackles

I was getting assaulted and being an elf had no chance of winning, so I jumped to the brook below.

More consistently than in 34.11, water is becoming a bane for bogeys.  Just entering the river-tile of the brook was enough to vanquish them.  And this isnt the first time its happened.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

lowbart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7017 on: October 11, 2014, 01:15:58 pm »

My human vampire kicked a minotaur to death and claimed its labyrinth. Then I changed my mind and handed off position of lord to a companion and continued my wandering. Kicked out some bandits from an abandoned hillock and claimed the hillock. Upon retiring it seems that once you claim certain types of sites as a night creature (vampire), your adventurer will always go back there to retire. In legends it says Ikim settled in Whispermines (the hillock) and then right after it says Ikim settled in the Massive Strike(the labyrinth). Every time I unretire him, he has moved back to the labyrinth no matter where I left him.

"Are you there, gods? It's me, Mistêm."
Quote from: Boatmurdered
Guerilla Burialgears absently tucks the child's rock into his pack and turns to leave for good; his head hung low. His words trail behind him as he disappears over the ridge. It is a haunting whisper, quickly stolen away by the wind: "All burn..."

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7018 on: October 11, 2014, 09:46:19 pm »

After killing the adminstrator (well okay, one of my companions killed the adminstrator) and using one of the drunks to overthrow the occupying government (human) of a hillock, I saw a group of soldiers leave the drinking mound right behind me. I asked them why they're travelling and they said 'important mission', since they weren't hostile, I decided to tag along and see what they're up to.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7019 on: October 11, 2014, 10:54:34 pm »

Zombies.  In the  catacombs.  get out, kill cats..  become heroes, kill 2 nobles.  Priest  Mcbadass kills the last one i can locate.  Zoms super OP.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 466 467 [468] 469 470 ... 1104