Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094331 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6975 on: October 06, 2014, 06:13:29 pm »

Became a powerful elemental spellcaster. Beat up a bunch of bandits and wild animals. raised an army of fire men to fight by me. Next encounter with a group of bat man banditos resulted in getting stabbed in the foot, passing out, and death. fire men didn't help me for shit.

If I don't give my raised minions NOT_LIVING and OPPOSED_TO_LIFE, they will ignore combat between me and anyone else and only go after wild animals. If I give them those tags, they will murder everyone they see.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6976 on: October 06, 2014, 06:22:04 pm »

Became a powerful elemental spellcaster. Beat up a bunch of bandits and wild animals. raised an army of fire men to fight by me. Next encounter with a group of bat man banditos resulted in getting stabbed in the foot, passing out, and death. fire men didn't help me for shit.

If I don't give my raised minions NOT_LIVING and OPPOSED_TO_LIFE, they will ignore combat between me and anyone else and only go after wild animals. If I give them those tags, they will murder everyone they see.

I wonder if that's an issue with relationships?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6977 on: October 06, 2014, 06:37:35 pm »

That was my first guess, yeah; your raised minions have no relationship to you or anyone else, so they dont give a damn what you do or what happens to you. Not sure how to deal with it if that's the case.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6978 on: October 06, 2014, 06:39:02 pm »

I decided next to pay a visit to the Vault i visited and barely escaped alive several pages ago (though with awesome items)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6979 on: October 06, 2014, 07:31:06 pm »

I've got an 100% reproducible save. Should I use http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=5106 or make my own report?

Maybe I'll PM footkerchief.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6980 on: October 06, 2014, 07:53:09 pm »

Im visiting an old fort, and the framerate is nasty.  It gets unplayable (<20 second between moves) if I try to sleep within an apparent radius of the fort.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6981 on: October 06, 2014, 07:58:00 pm »

Im visiting an old fort, and the framerate is nasty.  It gets unplayable (<20 second between moves) if I try to sleep within an apparent radius of the fort.

Should post a bug report on that, though check if theres anything related. This: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=8402 could be related, except different situation.

Edit: Okay, the companions disappearing on you while in goblin sites also happens when you get too far away from them.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 08:18:40 pm by smjjames »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6982 on: October 07, 2014, 02:48:47 am »

The end of the long adventures of Reloth Beigehonor the Symmetric Tundra of Tatooing.

And so it ends, Reloth had mastered life and death, conquered the ultimate evil of the world, was leading a horde of zombies angels and archangels that absolutely nothing could resist in that world (undead troops are so incredibly overpowered), had destroyed titans, megabeasts and night creatures, got rid of the necromancer scheming the doom of the world, well the other guy at least :)

Reloth Beigehonor the Symmetric Tundra of Tatooing had won what there was to win.

checked the legends to see my status vs the various factions, looks like it changed a lot since last time i did
"killer" but no faction consider me as their enemy :/
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 04:11:35 am by Robsoie »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6983 on: October 07, 2014, 12:17:44 pm »

I've just discovered that waiting/sleeping to have an unconscious and injured companion heal while in a worldgen fort will cause said companion to vanish into thin air, I used DFhack reveal and the companion is nowhere to be found.

Tried this with DFhack disabled just in case and it still happens.

Toady One should check this one out ASAP since it's a rather serious bug.

Edit: Just tried fast travel, happens there too.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 12:20:07 pm by smjjames »

lowbart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6984 on: October 07, 2014, 01:11:37 pm »

My experiment with putting an NPC, Conu Toefarms, in charge of a claimed town has sort of failed. I made two mistakes, I didn't "fire" her in the keep before offering her my position, and then after she took the position as lord of the town I just asked her to "wait here".

I made another adventurer to advance time 2 weeks and the lady was gone from the castle. The soldiers hanging out in the keep said a dude named Ilral something was now lord. I checked in Legends and Conu was listed as "wandering the wilds". Usually when I ask someone to "wait here" and then retire they stay there until I come back. But Conu is a feisty one so she probably did go off wandering the wilds with her masterwork leather armor and silver slicing knife. Oddly enough, Ilral the mercenary, when he became lord of the town, didn't create his own group but rather volunteered himself to be the lord of the group I created, the Coalition of Omens.

I still have the save from right before I became a vampire and installed Conu as lady of the town, so I think I'll branch off alternate timelines and see if I can make it work better next time. Unfortunately when I took over the town I knighted a bunch of random drunks as hearthpeople and have no idea where they are or how to look them up. There are a limited amount of spaces for hearthpeople (maybe 10 or 20) and other adventurers will refuse if they think you have too many ("There is no room for me" instead of "I cannot accept this honor").

So ideally I want to track down my wayward hearthpeople, fire them if possible, and if not then "disappear" at least one of them so that Conu can be a hearthperson first. Then bring all the hearthpeople to the keep if I can, and advance the calendar so that Conu makes the town of Beltnight her home in Legends first. Then unretire and offer her my position as lord of Beltnight, and hope that she doesn't fall victim to an insurrection.

I've just discovered that waiting/sleeping to have an unconscious and injured companion heal while in a worldgen fort will cause said companion to vanish into thin air, I used DFhack reveal and the companion is nowhere to be found.

Tried this with DFhack disabled just in case and it still happens.

Toady One should check this one out ASAP since it's a rather serious bug.

Edit: Just tried fast travel, happens there too.

I think this happened to me too a few days ago, although I can't reproduce it. It seems like it's just a particularly bad symptom of "sleepwalking / sleepteleporting" which is well known by now.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 01:24:32 pm by lowbart »
"Are you there, gods? It's me, Mistêm."
Quote from: Boatmurdered
Guerilla Burialgears absently tucks the child's rock into his pack and turns to leave for good; his head hung low. His words trail behind him as he disappears over the ridge. It is a haunting whisper, quickly stolen away by the wind: "All burn..."

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6985 on: October 07, 2014, 02:28:19 pm »

Yeah, I've noticed that it was sporadic and seemed random. However, I've encountered it again, this time in the wilderness when I tried to fast travel away to save a drowning companion and I think I saw one of them foolishly try to cross where the waterfall is.

Anyway, I got a reproducible saves since it happens when a companion is unconscious for whatever reason.

I have no idea where they are teleporting.

Edit: The meat that I had mysteriously disappeared, but I noticed my backpack is a XbackpackX, so I guess they fell out a hole or something.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 02:37:00 pm by smjjames »

lowbart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6986 on: October 07, 2014, 03:28:45 pm »

I've noticed companions recklessly jumping into 7/7 rivers after me more often in 40.13, I guess I need to just start teaching them to swim because it really sucks to keep losing companions to drowning. Of course if it's a 4 tile wide river you can do a running long jump, but for large rivers you're screwed. Especially since large rivers in very hot climates tend to have a lot of 6/7 squares which makes npcs even more likely to try to swim when the can't.
"Are you there, gods? It's me, Mistêm."
Quote from: Boatmurdered
Guerilla Burialgears absently tucks the child's rock into his pack and turns to leave for good; his head hung low. His words trail behind him as he disappears over the ridge. It is a haunting whisper, quickly stolen away by the wind: "All burn..."

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6987 on: October 07, 2014, 03:31:55 pm »

I've noticed companions recklessly jumping into 7/7 rivers after me more often in 40.13, I guess I need to just start teaching them to swim because it really sucks to keep losing companions to drowning. Of course if it's a 4 tile wide river you can do a running long jump, but for large rivers you're screwed. Especially since large rivers in very hot climates tend to have a lot of 6/7 squares which makes npcs even more likely to try to swim when the can't.
They will jump in if they or you enter into an encounter with a swimmy thing or something on the far bank.  Look out for swimming carp, lampreys, or whatever before jumping in.

Ive been trying to figure out a reliable way to 'displace' them onto shore, but no luck thus far.  Consider giving all civs NATSKILL in swimming or a custom reaction to give them nobreathe for a small amount of time.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6988 on: October 07, 2014, 06:30:12 pm »

I went into a vault, decided to use DFhack to kill the entities inside, went to the slab only...

you cannot read

*facepalm*

I completely forgot that this adventurer is illiterate, lol XD I think I'll take the slab anyway though and retire that adventurer somewhere. I still want to try and use a demon to get at a necro tower.

Edit: meh, I think I'll generate a new world.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 06:55:54 pm by smjjames »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6989 on: October 07, 2014, 08:02:44 pm »

I went into a vault, decided to use DFhack to kill the entities inside, went to the slab only...

you cannot read

*facepalm*

I completely forgot that this adventurer is illiterate, lol XD I think I'll take the slab anyway though and retire that adventurer somewhere. I still want to try and use a demon to get at a necro tower.

Edit: meh, I think I'll generate a new world.
hey if you used dfhack once you can just dfhack reading into your character.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 1104